Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)
  • Who knows – Really knows, what their bike weighs?
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

Someone asked me on Sunday and I really haven't a clue.

He looked surprised.

roger_mellie

Neither do I. Alot, I expect.

4ndyB
    Free Member

Yup, I know that my Orange 5 weighs 28.29lbs, weighed on the calibrated scales at work.

As for the other 2 dunno yet.

Why did I weigh it, purely out of curiosity, I'm certainly no weight weenie!

PJM1974
    Free Member

According to my highly detailed spreadsheet, my Marin Rock Springs is 30.07lb.

I'll settle for less than 31lb.

psychle
    Free Member

28lbs and a bit… Enduro SL weighed at the Post Office…

jedi

the demo9 weighs 50lb, i only know because we had to weigh them to go canada 🙂

michaelbowden

my 5 spot weighs 29lb according to the scales a the lbs

ajf
    Free Member

23 and a bit based on me and bike standing on bathroom scales minus my weight.

Not as much of a weight weenie on the bike as it makes little difference to me. Now mountain marathons, then I get obsessive.

psychle
    Free Member

50lbs… sweet mother of god… 😆

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Don't know.
    Don't care.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I reckon I can get my Rock Springs down to 29.5lb… All it'll take is new bars, saddle, a pair of Ardents and a short cage X9 rear mech…

…actually, I think I'll stop while I still have cash left to take the missus away for a weekend.

ton

seriously, who gives a f f f fiddle. 😆

Carbon S-works Enduro SL '08 (large) self build weighed in at 28lb on fishing scales.

cinnamon_girl

I'm sad. I know the weight of two of them. Seemed important to know as soon as they were built up, ie before they left the lbs. 🙄

Don't even know how much I weigh.

I need to get a life.

backhander
    Free Member

Dont know dont care.
    I could probably get a lighter bike and be quicker uphill but I'm no racer and ride for enjoyment. So I'll happily have a heavier bike and enjoy the descents a lot more.

Dibbs
    Free Member

My Whyte 19 Ti SS was around the 21lb mark on my LBS's Park digital scale (around the same weight as the geared Whyte 19 Carbon in the showroom) 😥

epicsteve
    Free Member

I've weighed my Zion and Epic and they're just under 23 & 25lb respectively – which casts a lot of doubt on many of the "calculated" weights I see for bikes on here! My Enduro was 29lb but it's been getting heavier as I switch from air to coil for the suspension so I'm expecting it to end up somewhere around 31lb.

Haven't weighed either my Soul or Inbred as they're currently built up but both are heavier than the Epic but lighter than the Enduro.

juan
    Free Member

Until 2 weeks ago no clue. But now, new build means I tried the digital scale at the bike shop. 14.3 for mine 😀

cinnamon_girl

My Ti hardtail is 22.42 lbs. Steel hardtail is 25 lbs. Weights include (heavy) pedals.

cinnamon_girl

juan – you're metric over there aren't you? 😉

br
    Free Member

Of course I know what my bike weighs – the same way I know what I weigh.

Do you know what you weigh?

xc-steve
    Free Member

My Chameleon weighs just over 27 when laden with mud guards (front rear and inner tube thing), without mud guards its just under 27. Soon to go 1×9 so should hopefully come just under 26.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Can't remember the exact weights and don't really care,but the 575 is lighter than the P7.

druidh
    Free Member

Me

coogan
    Free Member

Have no idea and don't care either.

tazzymtb

29er single speed with boingy front end 9.9kg

ellsworth epihany 11.42kg with 2.1's or 11.75kg with 2.25's.

actual weights because I have calibrated scales and I'm a geek

Crell
    Free Member

I know the rough weights (bathroom scales) of 2 bikes inc pedals

20.4 lbs ( own build whyte 19 carbon ) and 27.5 Lbs (foes XCT5, but currently heavier with UST tyres)

fbk
    Free Member

I actually weighed my E-120 at work the other day. Partly curiosity, partly inspired by all the b0ll0x spouted on here.

27.5lb for anyone interested 🙂

Lionheart
    Free Member

27 speed (Merlin) 22lbs, 9 speed (Whyte) 24lbs, SS (On-One) 26lbs
    I know all the wrong way round – will sort it out one day – maybe 😉

ahwiles
    Free Member

my snappy hemlock weighs 30lbs.

according to a set of £2.99 luggage scales i bought in a service station.

bigyim
    Free Member

surely fat people shouldnt worry about bike weights? they should stop eating pies first. not calling you all fat by the way

tandemwarriors

Balanced the tandem on its back wheel on the bathroom scales! 50lbs.

EDIT: which makes naff all difference when nearly 30 stone of captain & stoker climb aboard. Pass the pies please……

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I need to get a life – I bought some bathroom scales to weigh the bikes and got caught by the missus weighing tyres and other components.

However I only know within a Lb or two accuracy.

solo – 28lb with full mudguards bottle cage bell and pump
    Commtuer – 31 lb with full mudguards, bell and lights
    Tandem 49lbs with bottlecages x3, rack, bell, full mudguards and pump

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

tandemwarriors

All up weight gets a bit scary with the tandems. 🙂 geroutofmyway – or be flattened

coogan
    Free Member

All up weight gets a bit scary with the tandems. geroutofmyway – or be flattened

Need to catch people up first.

Northwind

I do, got a set of fish scales and a nicer set of pan scales in the garage. Not that it really makes any difference, I just like to know what stuff weighs and also whether manufacturers are lying to me. So far Hope and Rockshox have been the chief liars.

njee20
    Free Member

I do, but I've forgotten. The hardtail was about 20lbs, the FS 21. Both actual weights!

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Haven't a didgeridoo

dans160
    Free Member

33.6lbs. Considering what it is, what it's capable of (shame about the owner at the moment) and just how damn quick it is that's pretty good.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

marin quake with 2.5" dual ply tyres – < 39.5lbs
    giant trance – < 29lbs

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Who knows – Really knows, what their bike weighs?’ is closed to new replies.