Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Who has one of these?
  • redmex
    Free Member

Just saw this guy zipping along on some kind of bike thing looked like a Moulton from the front but paddles driving a chain and no seat
    I’m thinking of the centre of gravity as his head was up as high as Peter Crouch and no seat for a wee rest from time to time
    He may be on here

tomhoward

Elliptigo?

Home

hols2
    Free Member

null

Trimix
    Free Member

We need Brendawg to try one out down some of his local trails.

Blackflag
    Free Member

^^^^ What the **** are they? Running with wheels???

benp1

Does sounds like an elliptigo. I’d like to try one. Also like to try one of those running contraptions above, looks like a giant kids toy!

ajantom

An Elliptigo stationary trainer?! …..so many levels of unnecessary!

slowol

Could it have been this guy who broke the end to end record for this type of machine in 5 days 4 minutes!

LEJOG (1,350km)

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I used to regularly see a guy commuting on an Elliptigo in Didcot. With me on a fat bike, the recumbent riders and a nutter on a disk braked unicycle it looked like the circus was in town.

slowoldman

They do look a little OTT just to carry a water bottle when out jogging.

funkrodent

I think those caged jogger thingies are designed to reduce impact of running on joints. With body weight at least partially supported should be minimal impact stress firing through ankles/knees/hips, which is a good thing. Lots of runners have issues in later life. Still looks bloody stupid though

mashr

Blackflag
    Subscriber

You noticed?! Pretty sure they parked the boat there to distract you

belugabob
    Free Member

Balance bikes for adults?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

It’s an IT bike

househusband

We’ve got a chap that rides around the area pretty regularly on an Elliptigo; makes a very unique ‘whooshing’ noise. He seems to be out most days on a variaty of bikes.

It probably is the same bloke @redmex has seen as he’s a Fifer too? Recall him correcting me a while ago on not knowing where Buckhind is!

redmex
    Free Member

Well done househusband it was Kettlebridge where I saw him whizzing along, can’t say I like the look of them or having a wee crash I’ve had a few over the years mostly wee scrapes on the skin and almost forgot the collarbone . Much the same as a recumbent definitely not for me on a busy A or B road
    That other pic by hols 2 of the running with wheels , I’m like dour Duncan on Dragons den I’m out

timbog160

Flintstones bikes! 😀

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Who has one of these?’ is closed to new replies.