Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • White rum
  • ratherbeintobago

For various reasons I need to acquire a ‘special’ bottle of white rum (i.e. not Bacardi).

Does such a thing exist, and can anyone make any recommendations?

sbob
    Free Member

Wray and Nephew overproof?

Haven’t tried it just have it on the shelf.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Not really special but Club Havana 3 year old is much better than Barcadi.  Flor de Cana 4 year old is similar to Club Havana but more expensive. Wray and Nephew overproof s popular but not sure if it’s because of the strength or taste.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I like a fancy coconut flavoured white rum called ‘Malibu’ it’s surprisingly inexpensive and easy to find.

ratherbeintobago

Dear god, no.

Any other ‘premium’ recommendations that aren’t over proof?

DrP

Let me look in my rum book….I’ll get back to you..

(I’m a spiced man, as you might know.. Sure the bin had white in it)

DrP

DrP

St Nicholas white rum

Arundel white rum

Macoucherie white

No experience of any, but might pick up a bottle of the st nick to try!!

DrP

clubby

Just to be left field, have you thought about a Cachaca?

ratherbeintobago

No, TBH. It’s going to be a present for someone who drinks white rum.

coconut
    Free Member

Just back from The Dominican republic a few hours ago… and a big rum fan.

I would recommend Matusalem as one of very few white rums that can be drank with ice only and has depth in flavour (Vanilla, very slightly sweet, slightly citrus and mild (40%!) but with no throat burn). Local Dominican’s and Cuban’s drink this neat.

https://www.masterofmalt.com/rum/matusalem-platino-rum/?utm_content=matusalem-platino-rum&currencyCode=GBP&utm_source=database&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=mom_base_1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4tibnNO62gIVBrXtCh1hmQXqEAQYAyABEgJouvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Wray and Nephew overproof = Petrol in a bottle ;-0 I worked in Jamica and this was the local tramps favourite.

ratherbeintobago

Wray and Nephew overproof = Petrol in a bottle ;-0

Aye, that’s why I’m keen to avoid the overproof stuff.

Chairman’s Reserve white: good, bad or indifferent?

parling
    Free Member

Went on a rum tasting in wakefield, this guy knows his rum and the white one was amazing no barcadi shit

https://www.amazon.co.uk/St-Abbs-Cask-Silver-White/dp/B071G85VPQ/ref=sr_1_3_s_it?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1523790667&sr=1-3&keywords=st+abbs

mattyfez

Yeh I got a bottle of Wray and nephew over proof many moons ago when on a tour of the appleton distillery in Jamaica.

The alcahol percentage wasn’t printed on the label, but be assured it’s very very strong, and as a consequence, tastes like kerosene. May as well drink isopropyl alcohol tbh, it’s nasty stuff 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘White rum’ is closed to new replies.