Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Which year Rockshox Pike
  • gixernick

Anyone know how I identify what year Pikes are.
    Ive ordered these to replace damaged Fox factory 34’s as they were on offer and Im having second thoughts as they may be a new old stock.

https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/rockshox-pike-rct3-29-solo-air-160-tapered-maxle-ultimate-15-black-495416

daviek

rockshox have a page on their website where you can put the serial number in and itll tell you what year it is. I going to be really helpful and say I can never remember the pages address though

qwerty
    Free Member
    benpinnick

Theyre a 17/18 model year. They’re also the oddball 160 29 fork that may have been made using the older chassis IIRC.

stevextc
    Free Member

rockshox have a page on their website where you can put the serial number in and itll tell you what year it is

Weirdly it doesn’t, it gives the revision but not actual year… it is printed on the box though.

benpinnick

The serial number tells you the year – first two digits tells you what year it was made, 4th is the month.

davros

It says solo air rather than debonair in the description so I’d guess they are pre 2018. And I think they all went boost 2018 onwards.

You can get a debonair shaft upgrade for it. So I guess it will depend on whether you want a newer version of the charger damper. I’m not sure how different the 2 and 2.1 are from the original one.

thelooseone

They are 2014 – 2017 (A1 – A3) solo air, non-Boost with the first Charger damper (the fork decals and 46 mm offset are the giveaway). I had this fork on my Kona 2016 Kona Process 111. The air spring and damper are upgradeable to the latest Debonair and Charger 2.1 RCT3

gixernick

Thanks thelooseone. Were they any good??

thelooseone

Yes they were good. Upgrading the air spring to the Debonair version improved them further. Tyre clearance obviously isn’t as good as the newer Boost versions, 2.3″ is probably the biggest tyre you could fit while still having some mud room.

gixernick

Forks arrived and they are 2018 A2 forks. Happy with them for the price, thanks.

endomick
    Free Member

Some 2018 were labelled solo air on the leg decals but had debonair spring.
    2018 should be debonair, but not the red version, 2019 version was when debonair was written on the stanchion and had the red seal head on the air shaft.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Which year Rockshox Pike’ is closed to new replies.