Home Forums Chat Forum Which usernames do you always read incorrectly?

• This topic has 105 replies, 68 voices, and was last updated 1 hour ago by zomg.
Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • Which usernames do you always read incorrectly?
  • reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

does she play cricket?

kayak23

Because of this thread I keep trying to read all usernames backwards.

Luckily mine is a palindrome…. nearly.

Northwind

BoardinBob

Never mind that, the real issue is the fact there’s you, Northwind, and some other 3rd rate tribute act, TheNorthwind on here

And I hope they take the bullet that I so richly deserve

kormoran
    Free Member

Sirromj I always read as syrup, and then I think of pancakes. No idea why

Watty

Wally. I look at the thread and think ‘I didn’t write that’!

aide

Ha ha, I’m a bit like Watty – if I read a post by Aidy I also think ‘I didn’t write that’. Glad it’s not just me

perchypanther
    Free Member

Cougar and Cougar2.

Always*getting those cheeky scamps mixed up.

*by which I mean in the last two minutes.

andy4d

Not so much read incorrectly more just mix them up, DrP and DrJ,

peanutcracknell
    Free Member

Horatiofluffnavel.

There’s others too, but that’s the only one I can remember at the moment.

rOcKeTdOg

I remember the rush to register a forum name after the great Christmas hack and the period of changing your username to match the point you were making on the thread.

Happy days

rOcKeTdOg

I didn’t realise user-names here were case sensitive – are they?

Erm..

CountZero

I remember the rush to register a forum name after the great Christmas hack and the period of changing your username to match the point you were making on the thread.

*sigh* I have clear memories of that, and I still wish I’d stuck with the username that I’d changed to during that time. I’m rather bored with the one I stuck with, in fact I was bored with it then, but there were some issues using different name, so I stuck with one that seemed to work better, wish I hadn’t now. *shrugs*

singlespeedstu

the period of changing your username to match the point you were making on the thread.

I remember a few accounts that several people knew the password for.

Oh what fun we they had.

chives
    Free Member

Sirromj.

Always makes me think of Ron Jeremy.

BadlyWiredDog

rOcKeTdOgFull Member
    I didn’t realise user-names here were case sensitive – are they?
    Erm..

I meant relative to log-in names. There was, I’m pretty sure, a time when however you capitalised your user name when you logged in was your display name. That’s no longer the case.  ie: if I log in as ‘badlywireddog’ or ‘bADlywIrEdDog’ my log-in will still work just fine, but my display name on the forum is still BadlyWiredDog. Not that it’s very important, but there you go. It’s good to be clear…

BadlyWiredDog

So, even though I just logged out and logged back in again using ‘bADlywIrEdDog’ as my user name… I am still BadlyWiredDog :-)

redthunder
    Free Member

Any thread title with SpaceX in it, reads as SpanDex to me.

Spandex launched a massive into space yesterday.

It’s very stretchy after all.

redthunder
    Free Member

@CountZero

I thought you were a Muppet ?

Only Kidding….. ;-)

ChrisL

maccruiskeen Full Member
    there was a period when folk could change their display name for their account completely l, including using other forum users names as their display name. Much to the hair-pulling frustration of the mods and a bit of banhammer swinging

Early on (I first found this place in 2002) while you could log onto the web site the forum was completely separate and there was just a free-text box where you could enter a name whenever you posted to a thread. The web site would remember the last name you used so most people just stayed with one name, but a few were more mischievous. You certainly had to keep an eye out for any unusual links in posts that might have been made by dan or beer using pseudonyms.

susepic

Anagallis arvensis…..

I assume he drives a Toyota estate

anagallis_arvensis

You assume incorrectly!

As a mod once said it’s just roadiemtber re registered with a smart arsed botanical name after being banned?.

Although I have often wondered if arvensis means something different in Japanese (is that where Toyota are from). Means field or summit in Latin

sirromj

Salad dodger I always firstly imagine as spritely full of energy young man weaving between lines of lettuce on his bike while other salad flies through the air at then. Then the name clicks and transforms the image to an unshaven overweight middle aged man in a dimly lit room with a large steak on a plate in front of them. I have no idea if either image are close to the truth or not!

CountZero

I thought you were a Muppet ?

Only Kidding….. ;-)

I believe there’s a few who think so, but back on topic, I don’t think there are any I read incorrectly, I’ve always had good reading comprehension, I learned to read very young, and it served me particularly well when I started working in print and publishing – it’s a major prerequisite if you’re designing books and marking up manuscripts and proofreading.

Anything that involves figures or maths, on the other hand…

I do wish regular emojis would work, I can’t always find an appropriate one from my online resource.

goodgrief
    Free Member

Dick Raper/Rick Draper

Sorry/not sorry

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

ahsat

To make things worse, I’ve only just noticed that this isn’t “asshat”. Sorry, ahsat.

I did read once that if a word had the right start letter and the right end letter, you could mix up all the stuff in the middle and your brain didn’t crae much.

Not so much read incorrectly more just mix them up, DrP and DrJ,

To me they were both DrPJ… online purveyor of quality sleepwear.

I nearly chose PennyFarting for my user name, but Bunnyhop was more mtb

I can’t tell you how I would have misread the first choice.

zomg

Esselgruntfuttock. So much so that I’m still not sure I’ve processed it right.

Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.