Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Which tyres? Sorry
  • sani2c
    Free Member

Hard tail getting new wheels – and not sure what tyres to go on. Full suss has Barzo/Mezcal. In shed are are a Highroller, Ardent Race and Recon. All seen better days. Plan is that the hard tail comes out in the winter …

Any suggestions on combos…
    Barzo on sale PlanetX – can you run as a pair?
    If I got a Forekastor would it be good on front? Put Ardent Race on Rear?

Any thoughts appreciated – as I really should be doing some work…

spawnofyorkshire

What type of terrain and bike are we talking about?

EDIT – not so stealthy ad – I’m looking to move on a set of Barzo+Mezcal 29″x2.25 as i want something slightly more robust round here (pennines)

sani2c
    Free Member

In SW – so pretty tame – but in winter the woods can get a bit muddy and the ridgeway a bit slippery. Barzo/Mezcal is working fine and I’m sure can work some more … but thought a change might be good.

Let me know on the stealthy side … might well be interested.

What are you thinking of upgrading to?

Kryton57

Spawn I’d happily take your tyres for my race bike.

OP, my HT is a slack winter / fun HT and I went for grip with a Magic Mary up front plus a WTB Trail Boss out back. Maxxis may be better if you get on with them.

joebristol

My winter hardtail has a 27.5×2.6 Forekaster in the back and a 27.5×2.6 magic Mary on the front. Quite fun with the front completely nailed down but some sliding at the back. Forekaster gets surprisingly good drive and braking

susepic

Nobby Nics work really well for me in the winter on the south downs. I’m on an epic.

My lad has a HT, and runs the barzo/mezcal in the summer, and Nobby Nics in the winter

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.