Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Which synthetic insulated jacket?
  • Nick

You know the things they call Belay Jackets, polarloft/primaloft rather than down, Rab Photon Hoody type things, any recomendations?

steelfan
    Free Member

Adventure travel online

I’m looking for the same thing, I tried on a Rab Generator smock yesterday which was very light and had a great fit and a Berghaus Ignite Jacket which was also very light but the one i liked the best and also the cheapest is the Keela Belay Jacket. I managed to find some in TKMAX but unfortunately the did not have my size and only had them in silver/grey or red. The price was good at £39.99 for a jacket using Primaloft 1. Check this link out for reviews of the belay and a few other similar jackets.

Freezie
    Free Member

I’ve got an Arc’teryx Kappa jacket, its pricey at £200 but its a really good fit on me and dead warm, North Face Redpoint jackets are nice too, especially the hooded version.

Ewok
    Free Member

I just got a Haglofs Barrier Hood, totally in love with it. Warmer than the rab hoody, bit less warm than the rab belay jacket.

http://shop.packyourbags.com/acatalog/Haglofs_Barrier_Hood_Mens.html

Use tellafriend to get a further 5% off 🙂

I also want a lighter primaloft one as well. It’s easy to get too warm in synthetics!

Edit, forgot to say, I’ve found rab and haglofs stuff to be a good fit, nice long arms and reasonable cut for a long armed lean person.

Del

i have a montane one the forces guys use a lot. 40 quid from tkmaxx again.

Flaperon

I have a Berghaus Ignite, think it’s brilliant. Can get away with a t-shirt underneath in most weather.

silverside
    Free Member

snugpak are good, warm and well made but not very stylish

otherwise the berghaus ones are good, cant remember the name but there is a nice light one primaloft for 80-90 quid

will
    Free Member

Rab Generator here. Very light, packs down into a little pillow, which is cool, and very warm indeed. I love it!

concept2

I have had a RAB photon without hood 3-4 years now and its definitely not as warm as it was when new – it hasn’t been stored packed down. Not sure what a reasonable lifespan is for these. I have a RAB down jacket which is well over 10 years old and still going strong!

I have a smock version of this Patagonia micro puff which is good and feels more robust than the photon – i think it has a different synthetic fill and i am told will cope better with scrunching up in a pack then out and repeat..
    http://shop.themountainfactor.com/product.php?xProd=5532

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Which synthetic insulated jacket?’ is closed to new replies.