Which side of the bed do you sleep on?

Home Forum Chat Forum Which side of the bed do you sleep on?

Viewing 45 posts - 46 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • Which side of the bed do you sleep on?
  • Right side.. But always wakes up in the carpet 😡

sbob

The side her arse is on.
    I probably shouldn’t go into more detail.

Premier Icon mboy
    Subscriber

Men sleep on the left

Women sleep on the right

Anything else is too wrong for my tiny brain to compute sadly…

Either left, as a starting point, extreme left with the level of extreme dictated by the presence of one or two children, or the middle as I try and diminish “the hump” (the raised area that demarcates the neutral zone between the divots we have formed in the memory foam mattress).

popstar

Furthest from the door, closer to radiators and bloody windows. In current set up my man’s side is on the left.

If I perform right at night then I reward myself with the right one, feels so much better. Further from windows feels comfier. Maybe I need stamp down my prefference and occupy right side. If she complains, send her to kitchen to do lady jobs, and possibly stay there.

Premier Icon woody21
    Subscriber
    chojin

I think you’re all missing a vital bit of detail here:

The left as you lay on your back? Or the left as you lay on your front? Surely it depends on *how* you sleep!

Nearest the door for me too.

Premier Icon Onzadog
    Subscriber

Chojin, left and right were defined in the OP.

Premier Icon breadcrumb
    Subscriber

Closest the door so what the OP describes as left.

I’d say it was actually the right hand side, as when you’re sitting up in bed. Could that provide the argument that’s missing from this thread?!

prawny

Nearest the door, furthest from the duvet.

Premier Icon lunge
    Subscriber

Her right so the OP’s left. This is furthest from the door and so closest to the window.

Premier Icon theotherjonv
    Subscriber

She sleeps on the right side. I sleep on the wrong side. Wherever we are. Only variation is if there’s a wet bit, I get that privilege.

chojin

Onzadog – Member
    Chojin, left and right were defined in the OP.

So it was. You’ll have to forgive me, it was about 4:30am at the time I read it and I was trying to settle a 6 week old!

TiRed

Home right, Away left.

bikebouy

Facing the bed standing at the bottom? Then right, it’s the closest to the window, furthest from the door and radiator.
    However it’s not always been this way, about 4 years ago we swapped around as we changed the room and now MrsBouy likes sleeping closest to the door (on the left). I guess it’s so she can let her farts out sharpish 😆

Premier Icon sandwicheater
    Subscriber

We used to swop once a year but since the sprog arrived the wife is closest to the door (right).

Premier Icon JohnClimber
    Subscriber

Right, furthest from the door, closest to the radiator in the new house.

flicker

Nearest the door, this is apparently so any burglars who break in will murder me first, whilst the wife helps by shrieking the house down.

Shibboleth

Shirly it depends if you’re left or right handed… 😯

emsz

Where I want to!!

It’s my duvet, I will make a nest of it, and yes it possibly is a bit smelly, and yes there may be missing socks and knickers at the end, there may also be the telly remote that’s been missing for a bit and a plate, definitely a book

Single? How can you tell? 😆

epicsteve

I sleep on the right. When we first got married that was the side nearest the door but in our current house it’s not, but we’re too set in our ways to change now.

Premier Icon ads678
    Subscriber

Left, which is currently nearest the door.

Premier Icon D0NK
    Subscriber

right, which is furthest from the door at home, pretty sure I sleep on the right when we’re away, irrespective of where the door is, tho if the bed is against a wall on one side I’ll probably sleep on the other.

jamiea

Always used to be the right (closest to the door), with the left of the bed being against a wall. Since our daughter was born we swapped so the wife cold feed during the night and haven’t changed back.

Cheers,
    Jamie

Premier Icon cliffyc
    Subscriber

Left side,near the door.It is supposed to be the “Man side”,is it not?,in case you have an intruder you can leap out a pull some ninja sh1t or suttin….,.I lost my hero nerve in my teens after an old guy very nearly drowned near our house*(we were taught lifesaving in the school pool,we had to pick up a brick off the bottom dressed in pyjamas.Sadly on the fateful day I spotted the old boy in the water and raced home to put on my jim-jams,by the time I returned, someone else had got him out….).GF is far more terrifying anyway,when awoken….

*possibly made-up story.

twojumpers

Right, nearest to the door and furthest from the radiator. In our old flat it was still the right but away from the door and near the radiator (but also the window that let in lots of cold air).

The dry side preferably ……

Mister P

Which ever side I want. I find if you use one side one night then the other the next night you don’t need to change the sheets for a couple of months.

Premier Icon ir_bandito
    Subscriber

on the left, ever since I broke my right clavicle.
    Before that it was on the right, following an serious injury to my left knee.
    Both bike-related injuries.
    See a pattern?

Even although I have a kingsize all to myself, I still sleep on the top left quarter, nearest the door. Occasionally I venture round the other side of my bed and find the long lost jeans, socks, t shirt etc.

loddrik

Right, in 17 years I think I’ve slept on her side of the bed twice. And that includes when I have the bed to myself.

Premier Icon honeybadgerx
    Subscriber

The side that isn’t ‘hers’*

*There is apparently some logic to this, seemingly involving the size of the moon, time period from the last portion of chocolate consumed by her ladyship and the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Nearest the door, this is apparently so any burglars who break in will murder me first, whilst the wife helps by shrieking the house down.

As per “Men are from Mar, Women are from Venus”.
    Men as protectors, should sleep closest to the door.
    This is ingrained as much as men being hunters and women being nurturers

Any man not sleeping closest top the door is either a big wimp, or his wife has bigger muscles!
    Which are you? 😉

stumpy_m4

Left side for me 😀

Always on the left, for at least the last 17 years. Then, a few weeks back, we rearranged the bedroom, and mrs NBITF wanted to swap. Worst nights sleep ever. Promptly switched back the next night!.

mightymule

Right.

Correction: I start off on the right. I generally wake up curled up in the tiny patch that the OH and the cats have left for me.

cfinnimore

On the wooden frame, knuckles on the floor, right leg just about on mattress, left leg cold.

Repeat.

mattsccm

Scotroutes has it right . I have to circumnavigate the bed to get to the door which is at 10 o’clock. I like to be tucked away with no interference from passing traffic and I can leave a 3 foot stack of cycling mags on the floor there.

cfinnimore

On the wooden frame, knuckles on the floor, right leg just about on mattress, left leg cold.

Repeat.

The middle
    No one has ever shared a bed with me since I bought my flat . In 2004.

yossarian

On the door side, like any other proper man.

badllama

I’m on the right furthest from the door but nearest the window miss llama has always slept nearest the door before I arrived so I just found myself the free bit.
    She works nights and I’m days so most of the time I have it all muahahahahahah. And she has it all during the day 😀

prawny

honeybadgerx – Member
    The side that isn’t ‘hers’*

*There is apparently some logic to this, seemingly involving the size of the moon, time period from the last portion of chocolate consumed by her ladyship and the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

African or European?

Viewing 45 posts - 46 through 90 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Which side of the bed do you sleep on?’ is closed to new replies.