Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Which rolls faster – High Rollers or Minion DHF?
  • dorkingtrailpixie
    Free Member

Assuming you were using the same compound (say 60a as example) both front and rear, same width etc. Which would roll faster – 2 x high rollers or 2 x minion DHF? We’ll also assume the surface is loose over hard pack before we all get way too anal!

scruff
    Free Member

Minion.

legend
    Free Member

I think you’d struggle to notice the difference

Stuey01
    Free Member

I’m with Legend.

Same width, same compound, they weight about the same, it’ll be as near as makes no practical difference.

LoCo
    Free Member

Minion, Did a day testing with different tyres and pressures at one of my previous employers with the WC team riders.

Yetiman
    Free Member

Can’t say I noticed a difference myself. That’s with 2.5 versions of both.

LoCo
    Free Member

It’s a fairly small difference, but it is there when tested under ‘control’ situations, when every 10th counts e.t.c 😕

racing_ralph
    Free Member

minions feel way faster and grip way better imo

LoCo
    Free Member

More outright grip but more ‘snappy when they let go, than the high rollers which let go more progressivly/slide more controlably.
    That’s from a team rider, I’ve always run a minion front and h.r rear as I think if I’ve lost the front the majority of the time I’m going down anyway!

goog
    Free Member

rollers

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Minion DHR.

100mphplus
    Free Member

Minions without a doubt.
    We tested some down a long Str hill a couple of years ago. Just sat on the bikes from a standing start and free wheeled down the hill without pedalling and the minion shod bike won every time with 4 different riders.

Northwind

Minion seems obviously faster to my legs, it’s got a more continuous line of knobs whereas the Highroller is a bit more gappy so I think that’s what causes it.

Prefer the Highrollers though, the Minion grips well- amazingly well sometimes when it finds something to dig into- but the Highroller just seems to find grip where the Minion can’t, and aren’t as abrupt when I screw up.

But then I’m not that good, maybe better riders can predict a Minion better than I can.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Which rolls faster – High Rollers or Minion DHF?’ is closed to new replies.