• This topic has 14 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by akira.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Which roadie gloves with palm padding?
  • nicko74

Looking for recommendations of gloves to wear on the road bike. I guess fairly thin and not prone to bunching is ideal, but also full finger and with some padding on the heel of the palm. There have been a few recommendations on here previously, but most I think without any kind of padding around the heel, which doesn’t quite work for me.

So any recommendations? What do you use that works?

lunge

Something from Specialized would be my thought, it’s what I wear. The Grail model is very good indeed.

Klunk
    Free Member

these the leather is in a different league to any spesh offering (and half the price) best riding gloves i’ve ever owned

ransos
    Free Member

My Endura gloves are good. I find a lot of gloves have prominent stitching along the webbing between thumb and index finger, this can rub on long rides.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Not full finger, but the catelli arenberg has totally eliminated the issue I use to have with numb hands on the road bike.

qwerty
    Free Member

Specialized Grail +1

BadlyWiredDog

Specialized Grail +2 – really good on the road. Works by filling in the hollow on the palm of your hand to spread the load and actually does what it claims in my experience.

TiRed

You don’t need padding if your handlebar position is correct. Gel cushioning is usually a sign of too much weight on the hands

steve_b77
    Free Member

You don’t need padding if your handlebar position is correct

I tend to agree with this, I’ll happily ride glove-less on the road, unless it’s a matter of keeping my hands warm or dry and then I like gloves with minimal / if any padding at all.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I like my endura aerogel mits.

I also like riding with bare hands and happily do both.

The padding is really thick and bulky but does do a good job. Especially off road in the drops, think of it less as padding and more allowing the bars to move a few mm on top of the padding without your hands getting shaken!

They’re also really getting quite old, which is an achievement as I destroy bar tape in a month some times!

globalti
    Free Member

Any Specialized BG glove. Mine are so good I really don’t know I’m wearing them.

edhornby

prendas gloves – totally brilliant quality and service from them is next-level

nicko74

Awesome, thanks everyone, I’ll check some of those out!

mariner
    Free Member

Garneau biogel work well – for me.

akira

Always found gore to do the comfiest gloves.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Which roadie gloves with palm padding?’ is closed to new replies.