Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • Which month do you dislike the most?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Me …… November.

October – can be nice weather (like this year)
    November – wet, bloody miserable and nothing going for it
    December – Xmas
    January – Hopefully cold and crisp, spring is on it’s way
    Feb – Spring is closer still (and it’s a short month)
    March – stuff starts growing
    April to Sept – spring/summer so all is good with the world.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Depends where I am, it’s possible to be miserable all year round 😉

weeksy

August, i have to buy the wife birthday presents and wedding anniversary presents !

rocketman
    Free Member

Definitely November it’s got nothing going for it

ton

august, September and October have been a complete bastard for me this year…………but I normally embrace all the seasons with open arms.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Jan and Feb is a close second.

I don’t really like Xmas, but at least the hump is buried in there and I will admit it’s nice to have some time off work when everyone else is off, not that I get much these days.

Jan just sucks arse though, cold, dark, miserable and wet, the only positive thing about it is that if I look at the charts I can get the days are getting a bit longer, Feb can really go either way, sometimes the weather is worse than Jan.

Northwind

October probably, it’s got no flavour of its own so I just end up noticing the crap bits of other months- the weather’s not that bad but it tends to feel worse, there’s still undergrowth overgrowth which I hate, and I’m not adapted to it yet so everything feels worse than yesterday. (also, quite a lot of our trails are in the crappy transition stage where the dust and hard dirt is collapsing into shitty mud, it improves as winter goes on)

But mostly, because it’s a crappy compromise month I’m never adapted to it. November I’m fine with because it doesn’t tend to muck about.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

January, it’s a dark, long and dirty month.

scotroutes

November.

I was born in November.

Each one that comes around reminds me I’m another year older.

ton

Each one that comes around reminds me I’m another year older.

and that you have to turn the heating on……….. 😆

lowey

Definitely November. To my recollection its always rain of varying degrees and darkness. Utterly miserable.

chakaping
    Free Member

Feb can be tough.

Freezing cold, wet and muddy everywhere and the novelty has long worn off.

jruk
    Free Member

January. Xmas has come and gone, invariably skint, usually rubbish weather.

On a more positive note, April is my fav. Warmer, lighter and normally drier.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Yep Jan for me too, closely followed by Feb, for all those reasons above. However, I had a weeks skiing last Jan which was so enjoyable, I’m doing it again this year. Great time to have a week away….if you can afford it!

molgrips
    Free Member

March.

No chance of snow or frost or winter prettiness, still ages til it gets warm and the leaves come out, all we get is storms, wind, and crap. Sure stuff starts growing, but all you get is some shitty daffodils, then they die and nothing else happens. Even then the whole word is muddy and dead, a few foolhardy flowers pushing up does nothing for me. Who the hell do they expect to be around pollenating them anyway.

corroded
    Free Member

November and February, which is why I try to spend both abroad. It was 36C yesterday…

fifeandy
    Free Member

haha, I don’t have a most disliked month because:

May: 2 weeks of Summer
    June-April: wet, bloody miserable and nothing going for it

Therefore May is my favourite month and I dislike all the others equally.

Rockape63
    Free Member

March.

BST kicks in in March….definitely something to look forward to!

bikebouy
    Free Member

February

PJM1974
    Free Member

I generally detest this time of year and am usually in a foul mood until the last couple of weeks of February.

I was out on Saturday after a two week break from the trails. The covering of leaves has slowed everything down hugely, so making progress comes down to stamina and willpower. Add wet, green chalk into the mix and you’ll be wistfully daydreaming of dusty summer trails in no time.

Having said that, bikes are ace and I’d rather be outside for a couple of hours in the freezing, slippery mud than staring out of a grey-tinged window.

Is it Spring yet?

wilburt
    Free Member

Feb usually clinging on for dear life by then.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

I love them all!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Probably December, seeing family at Christmas is great but build up is a nightmare of gift buying stress and crowds. Jan-March is skiing so the thought of a trip or two always brightens the spirit. Riding wise I generally did more in winter than summer as was always busy with sailing in the summer months. Each of the seaons offers something and autumn is a lovely time of year. When I lived in Singapore the biggest negative was the same weather and sun rise/set all year round. That and too hot.

keenasmustard
    Free Member

Washtember.

ahwiles
    Free Member

February.

shite weather, dark, skint. All i can remember is that last 18months of winter, spring and summer still bloody ages away. And yes, the changing of the calendar is a stark reminder that i’m another year older, but somehow further away from the life i want.

And because of my stupid RP accent, I can’t even pronounce the word properly.

(‘Febwhe-eh’ is about as close i can get)

molgrips
    Free Member

BST kicks in in March….definitely something to look forward to!

Yeah but that’s near the end.

deadkenny
    Free Member

December – humbug.

Aside from actual Christmas spent with family, it’s hideous bombardment of commercial Christmas tat. Bad enough ramping up to it in October and November but can at least avoid much of it. December just can’t watch TV, go into any shops or even go into work without “festive” bollox going on. And don’t get me started on work Christmas do’s! and then there’s bloody “everyone get pissed and act like t**ts just because a number rolls over on the calendar” to look forward to 👿

😛

jimmy

December. Darkest of the wettest dark.

July is often most disappointing, though.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

January – christmas is over and suddenly there it is five weeks of blackness with no money and loads of work and rain, lots of rain.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah but it still might snow. That keeps me going in Jan/Feb.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Jan, Feb & Mar.

Still dark.
    Still cold.
    Still wet.

Winter basically..

Nothing really perks up till April IMHO.

tenfoot

January. Lots of people give up drinking in January, but I can’t think of a worse month to do it in.

November runs it very close for crapness.

MoreCashThanDash

December – or at least, the bit up to Xmas Eve.

Gets darker, colder and wetter.

Too many people old enough to know better getting hyped over Christmas, which generates a raft of extra events to fit in as a family, which this year includes 5 music concerts, 2 school musical productions, 3 Scout/Guide/Brownie Christmas events, plus I lose 3 evenings a week and two weekends coordinating our Scout Christmas fundraiser as every other bugger is “busy”!

Don’t begrudge any of it, but just so glad when it is over.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Oh and bloody Secret Santa at work. Yes, just had the email. Stuff that.

January is great. Days getting longer, no family/work events, no Christmas bollox, so it’s loads of time for riding and people have new bikes 😀 , and we’re into ski season. If lucky, may even get snow on the trails.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

November here . Snow hasn’t come but it’s icey and very cold. Kind of neither here nor there month

stumpy01

January for me, I reckon. Cold, wet, dark & spent loads of money over Christmas so always stretching it by payday in Jan 😆

Nov comes a close second in terms of the weather & general meh feel about the whole thing!!

Rorschach
    Free Member

Oktember

specky4eyes
    Free Member

March. Winter’s gone on too long, the days are getting longer but it’s still cold and windy.

Sonor
    Free Member

July.

I love Autumn and Winter.

windowshopper
    Free Member

Feb can be tough.

Freezing cold, wet and muddy everywhere and the novelty has long worn off.

This. Without a doubt.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Which month do you dislike the most?’ is closed to new replies.