Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Which month do you dislike the most?
  • geoffj

scotroutes – Member
    November.
    I was born in November.
    Each one that comes around reminds me I’m another year older.
    POSTED 2 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST SHARE

+1

fasthaggis

None,I am a man of all seasons me 🙂

donald
    Free Member

December – Xmas

Alex

Feb. It was Feb when I wrote this a few years ago: http://pickled-hedgehog.com/?p=2183 and it’s still Feb even tho I don’t do that bike-train-bike commute anymore. You know the one where you see your fellow passengers hurrying into their warm, dry cars leaving you alone thinking ‘I’ve got one of those at home’

Most years I sneak away for a week or so of MTBing in Spain this time of year. Sadly too much work on so I’m just counting down to BST. 122 days, 10 hours if anyone is interested….

donald
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eT40eV7OiI[/video]

chrismac

December and January. Christmas is just a bore, the time off is its only benefit, and January is so dark and miserable. February I can go skiing so that helps and then the winter has been survived for another year.

hooli

November and Feb.

November is dark and wet, I still remember the dry trails and miss them and it feels like it will be ages until it improves. I also get annoyed that there were loads of things I wanted to do in the summer but didn’t.

And Feb is when winter starts to drag, Christmas has come and gone and its still so dark and miserable. It all improves after Feb.

mahalo

it would be January. always despair in January that its (xmas) all over, and that another year has ticked by, and the credit card bill is due and im always pig sick of sloppy dark cold rides that are still quite fun in Nov/Dec… This is why we always go SKIING!!! which i suppose makes it my favourite month!! so, err, February. mainly because of how its frigin spelt.

rogermoore

May. Swanning round like the 3-lettered bastard that it is.
    RM.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

November/December – Not the months in particular, but everythign in the run up to xmas becomes a military operation , like going for milk or something because of all the doom-preppers preparing for the apocalypse (xmas day)

ransos
    Free Member

November has bonfire night and I went biking in the snow on Saturday.

The answer is February: the last death throes of winter; it’s still dark, cold and wet; Christmas is long-gone; you have a massive credit card bill. The only thing in its favour is its shortness.

MSP

Feb or August for different reasons, Feb can be cold and wet (I don’t mind it too much if it is just cold) Aug can be too hot which affects me worse than the cold.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m reading a lot about credit card bills in Jan / Feb.

Spend less, honestly, just spend what you’ve got and not a penny more and avoid the bills, you’ll be unhappy about it a lot longer than you were happy about buying whatever you bought.

Write a list (check it twice if you must) set a budget, it’s not rocket surgery. If your loved ones really love you, they won’t want you getting into debt to buy them someting.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

December – Xmas

Pubs full of Office Nights Out – yeah you’re right pal, cardboard antlers and a flashing red nose show what a wacky and fun dude you are.

Marin
    Free Member

December as it now starts in November.

chewkw
    Free Member

Spring and Autumn …

Spring – the birds start to roost on the tree as a result my car which is park under the tree is full of bird shite.

Autumn – as the weather changes the trees start to drop their leaves as a result my car is buried under tonnes of leaves.

😮

epo-aholic
    Free Member

February – short but nasty!

mintimperial

November. It’s just **** shit.

milky1980
    Free Member

Torn between November and February really.

November means that the depths of winter are coming, work is getting ridiculously busy and I hate the whole run-up to xmas consumerism crap.
    February is just winter hanging on too long before spring makes a welcome return, the only upside is that it means I have the council tax money to spend on new bike stuff 😀

Probably go with November.

vickypea
    Free Member

November. I really struggle with Autumn, everything is going downhill in relation to darkness, cold, etc. Darkness increases with every day, it’s usually raining, and I seem to get allergy symptoms while all the dead leaves are about (maybe from mould spores). I don’t find January an anticlimax, because by new year we’ve turned the corner to longer daylight hours. Christmas is ok but definitely not my favourite time of year.

yunki
    Free Member

November, after the joyful celebration of the brave but foiled attempt on the house of commons is a harsh month..

It’s a jolt weatherwise, and if not handled correctly can lead to a bit of a precarious winter, worse case scenario being a suicidal February..

Gotta say that it’s all coming up rosy this year though 🙂

kudos100
    Free Member

February.

In January I’m still recovering from the holidays and don’t tend to notice it so much, but by the time February rolls around I’m sick to death of the wet, cold and dark and start dreaming about moving closer to the equator.

piemonster

August, the humid ****.

scaredypants

Thermidor – seafood? again ?

canopy
    Free Member

december. an expensive time.

– late nov, my sisters bday
    – mid dec, my girlfriends bday
    – xmas day
    – late dec, my bday

plus trying to fit in all the xmas, new years related work + family visits etc..

not trying to be bah humbug as i’m not really, but it is a bit hectic

cheers_drive

I was pondering this the other day.
    November, closely run by January. February is saved by skiing.

flashinthepan
    Free Member

It’s a toss up between November & January. February is third.

November because it’s getting cold, generally grey and miserable. January, well Christmas is done, back to work, spring a long way off. February much the same just a bit ‘less’

By March things look up, spring is coming. April to September is all gravy.

October escapes as we always have a weeks holiday at half-term.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

February.

I work outdoors and it is usually the coldest, wettest most grim month. The winter excitement has worn off and Spring is still a way off. Those first warming rays of sunshine that start to hint at the change of season appear sometime in March (usually) and give that first lift.

WildHunter2009

In oz its def Jan and Feb because its stinking stinking hot and they always seem to have site works programmed in then the gits. And you have to go ride at 4am otherwise you might actually die. Hmm and in the UK it might be the same for the opposite reasons.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Movember.

Or any other viral social media guilt trip/raising awareness.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

January February and March. Because the weather is just cold and horrible.
    February is the worst though.

2013- Grandpa died,step mum had a stroke, broke my leg.
    2014- broke my finger
    2016- Dog had to be put to sleep, fractured three ribs.

muggomagic

The early autumnal months aren’t generally too bad. Although it is wet the ground is still generally quite firm. So for me it’s January. Post Christmas and new year blues, plus I’ll most likely be skint from enjoying myself in December and bar the odd frosty morning the trails have pretty much turned to shit in the south by then too. Psychologically I can handle February as it’s shorter and feels like you’re within touching distance of spring.

CheesybeanZ

January , its MrsbeanZ birthday mid month – which she starts moaning about in November plus it’s dark cold and seems to have 40 days .

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Which month do you dislike the most?’ is closed to new replies.