• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Drac.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Which Michelins?
  • Speeder

Questions for the collected wisdom:

I’m in a position to get a set of Michelins for the 27.5 “Enduro” bike but I don’t really know the range so can’t pick the right ones. Could you help?

I like soft tacky fronts and fairly fast rears. Currently running Minions F&R. Front is a 2.5WT 3C MAX GRIP EXO, rear is a 2.3 3C MAX TRAIL Exo (I Think).

Given I want a similarly draggy (or not) and similar strength/weight setup, which Michelins should I go for? I’m thinking:

Front – Michelin Wild Enduro Magi-X Tyre Front 27.5 x 2.4″
    Rear – Michelin Force AM² Tyre 27.5 x 2.40″

Does that sound right or is there a better combination?

Any experience welcomed.

Oh and to complicate things I’d like them to both have the same graphics – I’m particular like that.

Cheers

G

Yak

The graphics won’t match on your chosen combo. You need the raceline wild enduro to get the yellow/blue hotpatch. But that is a much heavier tyre and would be a mis-match potentially.
    Probably better to get a gumx3d wild enduro rear to go with the wild enduro front.
    Then there is the compound on the front to think about. The magi-x is meant to be harder, but grip better at full-on race speeds for proper rippers….or something like that. Gumx 3d for punters as it’s softer at lower speeds.

TLDR – Get Gum-X 3d wild enduro front and Gum-X 3d wild enduro rear. Or the Magi-x front if you are fast.

aide

Quite happy with my wild enduros (f + r). They are on all year round. As above just choose the tacky-ness you want in a tyre and go from there

intheborders
    Free Member

Old biffer here and I prefer the Magi-X on the front, slower rebound suits me.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Magic Mary front, Wild Enduro Front on the rear. You heard it here first! Admittedly a bit toothy for Summer but grips like shit to shovel.

Speeder

chestercopperpot

Magic Mary front, Wild Enduro Front on the rear. You heard it here first! Admittedly a bit toothy for Summer but grips like shit to shovel.

Tyres from different manufacturers front and back? Never – I’m not a pervert! ;o)

Thanks for the info all.

Cheers

G

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Tyres from different manufacturers front and back? Never – I’m not a pervert! ;o)

Surprised I’ve not been burnt alive inside a wicker man yet.

Northwind

Wild Enduro is really excellent but do be aware it’s seriously, seriously slow. Slower than a shorty 2.5 never mind a minion.

kiwijohn

Pirelli S enduro front. R enduro rear.
    Lighter, faster, cheaper.

nickc

I’d go with Gum-X rather than Magi-X, unless you’re super fast. Also the Wild Enduro rear I had wore down faster than any other tyre I’ve ever used, and I could never get the front to hold air for long. Good tyres, but come with their own issues.

teethgrinder

Magi-X2 WE front is really good. Though I warrantied my last one as the knobs started cracking after 2 months. Replaced it with a soft Mary, which has lasted way longer and is just as good as a Gum-X2 WE.

Ran a Force AM2 in the back and that was great in the dry to herodirt conditions but lacked in the mud. Replaced that with a soft Big Betty (and also brand-matching🙄)

jekkyl

I need to replace my wild enduro….. 60 quid!!! 60 quid!!!!

Drac

Hot S.

i may be behind the times.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.