Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Which Helicoil Kit?
  • Speeder

I’ve got a thread on the DH bike that needs fixing and it needs a helicoil kit. I could get a single size kit but it’s likely to be something I’ll use in a few situations on a few different sizes and it feels like it makes sense to buy a kit that covers most eventualities.

I’ve seen a few multi sets on eBay but they don’t inspire much confidence and I’d like to buy a good quality kit.

So anyone have any recommendations for a good but not exorbitantly priced multi size kit or do I just buy the genuine Helicoil M6 kit?

G

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I used a v-coil kit to fix the bridge on my guitar. Quality seemed good and came with everything you need including the right sized drill bits etc

eskay

+1 for recoil

coatesy
    Free Member

RS Components have a set of M4 – M10 for £77.99 + vat, part code 917-2482. It’s an own brand set, not used them specifically, but all of the other RS Pro tools i’ve used have been excellent (currently using their power keys in a busy workshop, and they’re the best i’ve ever had, if that’s any recommendation).Edit- in stock, and free next day delivery.

fooman

Any recommendation for a pedal helicoil? I’ve got some SLX cranks the thread disintegrated I’d like to try to breathe life back in as silver cranks are hard to come by.

Speeder

Awesome. Cheers fellas, will look those suggestions over.

G

drnosh
    Free Member

Try https://uni-thread.com/

My go to supplier in my engineering workshop.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Which Helicoil Kit?’ is closed to new replies.