Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Which Gopro do I want?
  • flyingmonkeycorps

Thinking about a new action cam to replace my aging (and slightly lost) SJ4000. It’ll be used for filming trips out with MiniMonkey (8 months and counting) , so it’ll be strapped to backpacks, bike seats, balance bikes, crawling babies – basically anything I can manage to do with her. It’ll also be used for biking but less often.

I figure that image stabilisation is essential, and that seems to have been around since the 5, but there’s a baffling array of choice. Is the HyperSmooth on the 7 Black that much better? What other differences are there between them?

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

There’s also a DJI action cam now which rivals the Go Pro according to most of the reviews.

dougiedogg
    Free Member

Hero 7 stabilisation looks incredible as does the 8 and there isn’t much between them in terms of price. I’m thinking about selling my gimbal and Hero6 and getting a 7 or 8.

Although if the DJI shoots in a decent colour profile I might look at that

Stainypants

I switched from Hero 3+ to Hero 7 black and it’s night and day. The image stabilisation is brilliant the voice control is surprisingly useful too.

wrightyson
    Free Member

As on the other post recently, hero 7 is flawless. Hypersmooth is a brilliant feature. The 7 will be available with better deals now the 8 is here. I got a nice little set including a floaty handle and head mount from John Lewis.

rone

I’ve had a Hero 7 for a year and it’s been great.

Hypersmooth doesn’t work when there is a lack of light.

Looking forward to the new one.

swanny853

I’m really sold on the idea of 360 cameras for this sort of thing. Less thinking about it while you’re using it, which to me is the point of it- I want a camera that records what I’m doing, not to go out filming, if that makes sense?

I’ve tinkered a bit with an insta360 one x for work and been generally pretty impressed.

boomerlives
    Free Member

The built-in mount on the 8 would sway it for me; I hate the cradle thing for ‘lesser’ GoPro’s

It makes sense to have a protective case, but a faff to need something for just walking around.

andy8442
    Free Member

Hero 5 black and above. You can’t really go wrong.

twonks

I had a Hero 7 black for just over two weeks. As said image stabilisation was great using hypersmooth, but for me the thing just didn’t work properly.

Would lock up for no reason, refuse to start recording and flatten its battery very quickly when doing nothing. Sent it back in the end although half wish I’d tried a bit more as it was really good when working.

Also got a Hero 3 silver which sits doing nothing as the quality in comparison is pants.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Which Gopro do I want?’ is closed to new replies.