Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Which free anti virus??
  • freeman
    Free Member

Used AVG and Avast, but have just bought a new vista laptop and wondered if there’s owt better.

Ta

househusband

Nowt better than Avast, imho.

freeman
    Free Member

Balls…… wrong forum!! Oh well 😕

Drac

Avast

snaps
    Free Member

I ditched AVG on Monday after it let a Trojan through – took me 3 hours to manually delete it & get everything back to normal Avast & Malwarebytes were the only 2 that picked it up on a safemode scan.

jfeb
    Free Member

Another vote for Avast although I have yet to work out how to schedule a scan!

stooo
    Free Member

Personally, I’d be using paid-for AV to ensure you’re fully protected. On that front, my vote goes to Eset NOD32. I don’t trust free AV. plenty of folk I’ve seen using free stuff have had problems with the odd sec threat, trojan etc.

For the record, I’m a freelance IT consultant and so see a lot of machines in different situations, with varying av on them.

joemarshall
    Free Member

Personally, I’d be using paid-for AV to ensure you’re fully protected. On that front, my vote goes to Eset NOD32. I don’t trust free AV. plenty of folk I’ve seen using free stuff have had problems with the odd sec threat, trojan etc.

I’d say quite the opposite. The people with loads of viruses who’s computers I’ve seen, inevitably have some version of Norton or something, where the subscription has run out. They say ‘it came with anti-virus’, but don’t realise that you have to pay to update the darned thing.

Avast seems to be terribly quick to update when new things come out, compared to the other ones too.

Joe

neil_1979
    Free Member

Ive been happy with AVG, no problems so far….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Which free anti virus??’ is closed to new replies.