Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Which brand of tyres have a tall profile?
  • granny_ring

Looking for a ‘tall’ profile tyre to fit a 27.5 wheel, probably 2.25-2.35 .
    Cheers.

benpinnick

Big volume ones. The tyre’s shape isn’t really controllable by the manufacturer as they’d have to make it so stiff it would ride horribly. Therefore height is dictated by diameter, or width in tyre parlance. Wider rims also make for taller tyres too.

*Obviously tread depth increases height, but thats probably not what you were asking.

thols2

Wider rims also make for taller tyres too.

I would have thought the opposite, I can’t see how they would increase the profile.

joebristol

In 27.5” tyres my 2.6” width ones are significantly bigger than the 2.3 and 2.4” ones.

Then the more aggressive ones with big spikes are obviously taller again.

So my 2.6” Forekaster is pretty big but rolls quite well. 2.6” Slaughter is a bit smaller – more like a 2.4” tyre.

2.6” Magic Mary is flipping enormous and tall. Doesn’t play nicely with a mudguard and a non boost Yari but works well in m boost Pike Ultimate.

The recently bought 2.4” Wild Enduro is pretty big / tall – more so than the 2.5” DHF I had on there before I’d say.

Forekaster and Mary on 25mm internal rims, the DHF / Wild Enduro / Slaughter on 30mm internal rims.

dc1988

I always found the Specialized 2.6 tyres to be more tall than wide but I don’t know that it’s also the case with the smaller sizes.

chakaping
    Free Member

As above the 2.6 Magic Mary would be a good front tyre choice.

And a 2.4 Schwalbe for the rear perhaps?

BearBack
    Free Member

A 2.4 continental trail king is higher volume than most 2.4 rubber.

Edit, well, it was in the emergence of the 27.5 wheelsize as a 26 wheel with 2.4 trail king was almost the same overall diameter as the next brands 27.5 tire.

Kahurangi

About a decade ago, I used a 26×2.4″ Rubber Queen (now the Trail King) which was very tall.

I found WTB Vigilante 27.5×2.3 to be even taller.

matt_outandabout

I think my XR4’s come up tall.

I also agree that Conti Mountain Kings are huge + but not supple like the XR4’s are.

mjsmke

Maxxis Ardent Race 2.35 is a tall/high volume tyre. Noticable bigger than their 2.35 Forekaster.

granny_ring

Cheers guys will look into those.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Which brand of tyres have a tall profile?’ is closed to new replies.