Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Which bottom bracket tool for DUB?
  • joebristol

As the subject really. Just taken a gxp off and found dub needs a different tool. The sram guide just says a 12 notch tool is required – I’ve counted 24 little notches on the B.B. cup. Both are screw in / 73mm shell.

I got the B.B. and crank (NX) from eBay – it had come fitted to a new bike but was immediately replaced with something more bling apparently.

I think it either just needs a 4.5mm spacer (which it came with) or maybe a 2/2.5 spacer in the drive side (which it didn’t come with). Guess I’ll suss it out as I go.

lawman91

DUB bb uses the same tool as Raceface BSA 30 bb’s, I bought one from my LBS as they had them in stock (Tweeks)

joebristol

Thanks for the comment – if found thy used the same as Raceface Cinch bb’s but struggling to find many options- at least cheap ones anyway. Local lbs had no idea what tool to use (although they offered to try all the tools they had to tighten it for me if I could make it there with my bike) and they said they almost certainly didn’t stock what I needed to buy.

Ordered a Park Tools 3/8th adapter on eBay in the end but it was £26! Ouch! I figure I’ll make use of it going forward though – although hoping dub bb’s last well.

bluedynamo
    Free Member

I had a similar problem when trying to install my new DUB BB this week. I ended up buying the the Park Tool BBT-79 bottom bracket tool. As DUB is so new I don’t think there are many options out there to assist with installation.

joebristol

That’s the tool I’ve ordered to click and collect off eBay sometime this week. Hopefully in time for the weekend.

Then I’ve got to work out that bearing preload system on the left hand side. Sounds simple enough but I couldn’t see where the locking grubscrew was on quick glance.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Rotor do one that fits DUB and 30mm RF. Just used one myself, 5 mins ago.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Icetoolz M097 from Merlin

ajantom

Don’t order one of the Zitto BSA30 tools from ebay. They don’t fit, even though the ad says they will!

After that debacle (they refused to refund for ages!) I bought a Unior tool. Was about £13. Fitted perfectly.

joebristol

Wish that had been around at the time as it’s a bit cheaper!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Which bottom bracket tool for DUB?’ is closed to new replies.