Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Which birthday present do I pick?
  • Munqe-chick
    Free Member

So it’s my 30th in April and me and partner have booked a 8day guided tour to Morocco for my 30th! I plan to be sat on top of a mountain with beer!
    Other half has asked what I want for my birthday present .. can’t think of anything? he has suggested that he could pay or my trip to Morocco as a present for a holiday of a lifetime? or buy me a nice pimpy hard tail?? (I have a Giant Reign 2 and a 15 yr old Kona Fire Mountain which is lacking and dying a bit in itself (parts okay though), or a pimpy road bike?
    What do you think? I am more than gobsmacked with all of the above as I think they are incredibly generous offers (we have been together for 6 years). But I don’t know what to go for or suggest?

I did utter the word diamond but he is against marriage so I know that won’t happen .. but to be honest I am quite happy.

What are your thoughts on the matter????

tails
    Free Member

Gotta be a new hardtail or perhaps just a really nice frame (curtis) and have a nice birthday mines march 1st don’t forgot 🙂

crispybacon
    Free Member

How about a pair of these?? could come in hand at work for you too 😀

*runs & hides away very fast*

Skippy

Nice bike would be a good and memorable present. Morocco sounds great, would like to do trip there, i hope you will post pics after your trip!

tails
    Free Member

wait a minute, 💡 💡 💡 remember the collective – vanderham – morocco – bike – atlas mountains !!!!!!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Well, the trip is for both of you, so not a present exclusively for you, so it’s got to be a new bike, or the diamond.

He can buy you a diamond, without having to marry you formally, you know…

(Sidles away, aware that Mr. Munque might not thank him for this suggestion…)

chewkw
    Free Member

Vibrator perhaps?

😈

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Okay so nice hard tail it is! What kind of hard tail now?? suggestions??
    Think Mr MC is used to people telling him to get me diamond! we are both over it though happy as we are!

I will definately post pics of Morocco trip (if I can figure out how!) it’s with cycle active and so far I have been impressed!

Skippy

Is it the singletrack trip with cycleactive or the other one?

Hardtail choice – difficult so many options, any factors to narrow it down a bit, racy, relaxed, steel, Ti etc

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Morocco is with Cycle Active looks like a top trip! can’t wait!
    hardtail .. something light x country ish with reasonsble front travel. Just open to ideas about £800 ..

RudeBoy
    Free Member

£800 for frame only?

You could have something made speshly for you, by Roberts or someone. 853 custom made, possibly fillet-brazed…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Which birthday present do I pick?’ is closed to new replies.