Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 95 total)
  • Which bike would you love a go on?
  • aracer
    Free Member

One of the loony tunes HPV record ‘bents.

This. Also Old Faithful and Boardman’s ’96 superman bike for the ultimate bikes of their time. Would also be interested to have a go in a faired Windcheetah (preferably Wilko’s LEJoG one) and a lowracer for something a bit more practical than the HPV record ones, which are really single purpose and not rideable on ordinary roads. You might get a theme here.

Not really that interested in riding a current pro TT or road bike as I doubt they’d feel all that different to what I have (well I suppose a pro road bike meeting UCI regs might feel a bit heavy!) Neither is there any point in riding a pro DH bike as my skills aren’t up to doing it justice.

Northwind

Sworks Enduro 29er, and a Salsa Beargrease. Very fat-curious, I’d like to ride them all tbh but the Beargrease seems like the daddy.

chakaping
    Free Member

Well none of yours that’s for sure

Mine are all buggered anyway. 🙁

Hoping to get back MTBing soon though, watch this space.

Leku
    Free Member

Yo Eddy Fat Eddy
    Cotic Rocket

tazzymtb

of course you can stu…you can see how to set ’em up proper like, so you don’t keep selling ’em to me ‘cos they’re shite 😀

chakaping
    Free Member

I might be wrong, but I think there’s been no mention of 650b bikes so far?

😀

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Mk 1 Breezer down Mt Tam, and a Ritchey Annapurna. Not because I don’t want to own either of them just I’ve next to heehaw of a chance of it.

singlespeedstu

you can see how to set ’em up proper like

I have no interest in a fireroad light bike. 😉

jameso

A while with a good flatland bike, some tunes and a covered carpark. I’d be rubbish, always was, but it’s fascinating. Good flatlanders are the most amazing riders to watch.

Until recently a fat bike – was a bit underwhelmed tho. Would still like to ride one on some good xc ski trails rather than normal bike trails.

Coyote
    Free Member

Kona Operator on the North Shore / Whistler.

Rode lots of Stinkys over there and a few others. Always came back to the Stinky though, loved ’em. Last time I was over the Operator had just come out. I only had a week so stuck with what I knew. Damn! Wish I’d done the Operator.

scotroutes

You’ve an open invitation to try mine in the Aviemore area once we get some snow.

honourablegeorge

I reckon that Karpiel is top of the list of bikes I wouldn’t want to ride.

flange
    Free Member

For the chap that wants a go on a storck, I have a 14lb fenomalist you’re welcome to have a go on

Or for those that want a go on a dh bike, you can take my yeti out for a spin

I’d like a go on a jones. And a bronson. Just to see if they’re that good..

GHill

If I have to choose just one…

The 18bikes pinion gearbox thing.

jameso

You’ve an open invitation to try mine in the Aviemore area once we get some snow.

Woohoo ) been meaning to get up there for ages, a good loop would be great. Maybe bringing a borrowed bike to extend the trip? Ta..

I’ll pay that fwd by saying there’s a Jones bike here if anyone in the Herts/MK/Aston Hill area is after a try-out, just PM me. Promise to keep my mouth shut about it for the duration.

slackalice
    Free Member

Hey dab, if you’re Hampshire way, I can help you with the PYGA, size M. 🙂

Euro
    Free Member

But if you meant bikes without engines then a really light race bmx, just to see.

senorj

A fat bike (for the beach mainly)
    A Downhill bike ,
    & as it’s been such along time on a full suss a 650b five :-).

rickmeister

Looks like a lot of fun…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The Pinarello TT bike that Sky were riding just to see what it’s like (or if I could turn the pedals on the flat.
    On of the WC V10’s
    and some sort of sub 10kg xc race bike

billytinkle
    Free Member

There are plenty of bikes I’d love to have a go on! All in their native environments and in no particular order…

A low and lean recumbent trike

A top end ‘silly light’ road bike

A Grace ebike

A fat bike

An old board track racer

A gravity bike

A motor paced bike

I think they’d all be a lot of fun in their own ways 😀

wrecker
    Free Member

One of those OMFG-spec carbon bronsons with the enve wheels etc. I’d like to see the difference between that and my LTc and feel what a £10K bike rides like. My face would just be all smug.

TimP
    Free Member

A Charge Stove to make my commute a bit more fun

and more recently the new Surley Instigator.

andypaul99
    Free Member

this one

_tom_
    Free Member

Santa Cruz Bronson over a variety of different trails to see if it could really be a “quiver killer” bike. They certainly look awesome. Plus I’ve never tried anything other than 26″ on a mtb.

Banshee Spitfire again for similar reasons to the Bronson but with the familiarity of normal size wheels.

Wouldn’t mind a shot on a Surly Krampus to see what that’s like.

matt_outandabout

That kids BMX>

chakaping
    Free Member

Suspect us mortals would find any pro’s DH bike impossibly oversprung

Yeah I think most of us would have more fun and be faster on a production DH bike.

It’d still be cool to try one out though, hopefully Aaron Gwin will pop up on here and offer someone a go on a Demo which is a bit short for him.

+1 for a recumbent as well

DezB
    Free Member

Nothing interesting – just a Yeti SB66/SB75/575 (650B version)

neninja
    Free Member

Really want to have a play on a Santa Cruz Solo Carbon – sounds like my type of bike.

Would also love a go on a Nicolai Helius AC 650

JEngledow
    Free Member

One of the Honda Gearbox DH bikes (to see what all the fuss was about):

curiousyellow
    Free Member

– Carbon Demo 8 on some of those Spanish trails.
    – A Cervelo TT bike.
    – A rigid SS Tranny.

passtherizla
    Free Member

Commie DH V3
    turner DHR
    Transition Tr450
    Specialized demo
    Yt tues 2.0.

The DH bikes I’m looking into buying…

Chainline
    Free Member

Judging by these lists I’ve been a pretty lucky boy, but I would like a crack on a proper DH bike, though I doubt I’d do it justice…

Rode this in TransProvence race and didn’t die..photo by Michiel Rotgans for a Dutch Mag article cos they thought I was crazy…probably not wrong in hindsight..

TP-byMichielRotgans-62

Ran a Fatbike for a while. I preferred my half fat Jones tbh, but it was great in the snow.

Ran a 26″ carbon Enduro, which was nice..

As an alternative to the Spesh Enduro 29, oft mentioned here i was privileged to design this with Nicolai. it’s fantastic and is now a production bike called the Ion15. Mine is a bit slacker than production, not much, but its designed to pedal and climb well but with serious gravity capability, 150mm both ends and. 28lb in this build. Pics are at Nicolai’s factory.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

chakaping
    Free Member

Judging by these lists I’ve been a pretty lucky boy, but I would like a crack on a proper DH bike,

Drop me a line if you’re in the north. I’d be scared to touch that Nic though! Gorgeous bike.

ianv
    Free Member

My DH bike with one of these:

or

on it.

Otherwise, a demo 8

bungalistic
    Free Member

Hoping to get back MTBing soon though, watch this space

Good stuff let me know and i’ll pop down for a ride on your local trails

I might be wrong, but I think there’s been no mention of 650b bikes so far?

Already tried a Bronson, someone did mention a turner burner which come in 650b flavour as well

AlexSimon

Fat bike
    Jones ti spaceframe
    Full DH bike

Looks like that’s what a lot of people want – perhaps someone needs to offer a service! All 3 in a day £50.

Chainline
    Free Member

Alex, that’s not a bad idea…shame I sold the Jones 6months after TP! Immensely capable, rewarding & fun bike..for a rigid…ultimately I felt I was limited for what I wanted to do after experiencing TP….would have liked to keep it but £££ won in the end..

Chainline
    Free Member

Chapaking I get up North for rides every now and then…not to be scared of with the Nic, I’m not precious, its a bike, for riding 🙂 people were always surprised when I offered rides on my Jones, why not spread the love, partof what I like about mountain biking..

I’m 650b curious but most are the same length and taller with less BB drop than my Nic, but like I say…I’m curious..maybe the SC bikes since the hype is soooo huge, not everyone can be wrong..but most are a bit steep HA for me..I come from the French school….long, low, slack as!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Puffin

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Which bike would you love a go on?’ is closed to new replies.