Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Which angle headset – SS vs Works
  • tomparkin

It’s an intelligence test. If you can’t work it out, you probably shouldn’t be attempting to fit it….

🙂

While there’s something in that, it’s easy enough to be apprehensive if you’ve not done it before, haven’t got the bits in front of you, and read Things On The Internet about e.g. ovalising your frame’s headtube if you do it wrong.

Anyway, @IvanMTB, you’ll be ‘reet. The key thing is getting the cups lined up. This video here gives you the idea:

At around the 10 minute mark you can see him marking up the frame — he does it by eye, but you can of course measure it with callipers or use a straight edge or what have you.

phil5556

@superstarcomponents I fitted mine a couple of weeks ago, went in fine. Would have probably been slightly easier to line up if the alignment slot was on either side, so you could eye it up better across the top.

Still haven’t ridden it anger as I’ve leant it out 🙄

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Thanks Chaps!

I’m not the most technically minded so though that it won’t hurt asking a bit of guidance even if called spanner by Nice Man Who Sold You The Bit You Want To Fit.
    Might casually drop it in product’s review :p

Cheers!
    I.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Rite… Installation completed. Probably correct xD

Will check over the weekend if any noticeable handling improvement will be detected.

Mental note to buy proper, headset press. Homemade is pants. Gray, smelly, old pants with massive skid mark in the middle…

Cheers!
    I.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Which angle headset – SS vs Works’ is closed to new replies.