Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Which adjustable travel 150mm trail fork for my hecklar
  • bs3eggs
    Free Member

About to invest in a new fork for my hecklar. I am wanting it to be slightly future proof so I am thinking a bolt through adjustable travel fork. Because I will probably change the frame at some point
    Top of my list at the moment is the revelation xx 150-120mm fork. Or the fox 150mm talas.
    Probably the 2011 or 2010 models
    Budget is about 500- 600 pounds max and not to heavy!

Any comments

Thanks

warpcow
    Free Member

Personally I’d go for the Rev RLT Ti over the XX, though, as with all things STW, I have no experience of the XX version. Rockshox themselves say that it has a less sophisticated damper, with the priority being on low weight rather than control.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

my other half has Dual Air Revs on hers and the set really nice at 150mm.

If I had the cash there would be some 160mm TALAS on mine but for now it’s the 160mm bombers. 160mm is slightly too slack sometimes but great others

Northwind

U-turn is the best way to go if you want to use the fork at varying lengths, you get a normally performing fork at all settings unlike most travel adjusts. Revelation is the obvious choice.

Someone was selling some ridiculously cheap 2010 Rev Team u-turns on here the other week, which are IMO pretty much the best allround trail fork that’s ever been- great damping, lightweight, stiff enough, and very flexible. And also no daft bells and whistles like remote lockouts, etc.

2wheels1guy
    Free Member

I’ve got the Rev XX 150-120.
    They’re well nice.
    The hydro lockout works a treat too.

bs3eggs
    Free Member

hmm, food for thought, I will look into those suggestions guys thanks. I was just also wandering about how it works, because I have afixed fox fork atm. When you shorten the travel does it tighten the angles of the bike and drop the fork down or does it just take the travel from the end of the stroke?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Get coil lyrics and be done with it

nmdbase
    Free Member

I have 2011 Revelation RL 150mm and they are pretty good, I’d go for a blackbox damped one if I were to buy again….or those black Fox 36 with the funky gold coating.If you are future proofing you may as well buy a frame now with a tapered steerer 😀

nickegg
    Free Member

+1 for Coil U-Turn Lyriks.

jockhaggis
    Free Member

I had a talas 140 on my Heckler and found that dropping it to the 120 or 100 settings felt wrong. I think other folks have described the feeling as riding into the ground. It seems to sap some of the energy from the bike if that doesn’t sound too stupid.
    140 is a good height for general trail riding though, so I would either get a 140 fixed travel or go for a set of Lyrik U-turn so you can get the benefit of 160 (which is great downhill) and wind it down to 140 on the climbs.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Which adjustable travel 150mm trail fork for my hecklar’ is closed to new replies.