• This topic has 39,835 replies, 1,030 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 39,601 through 39,640 (of 39,836 total)
  • The Coronavirus Discussion Thread.
  • Klunk
    Free Member

they change regularly btw usually somewhere different locally especially at the weekends

zomg

I was disappointed to discover that while my younger child becomes eligible for vaccination next month (having apparently dodged Covid so far), the nearest vaccination centre to us is more than 40 miles away. If government quietly wants to make vaccination unavailable on the NHS could they not start allowing it to be sold commercially as they do for chickenpox/shingles or travel vaccinations?

scaredypants

Klunk
    Free Member
    Chinese Scientist have released a paper base on the initial samples taken @ Huanan Seafood Market.
    Posted 7 hours ago

The WHO etc are well pissed off with them about this as they’ve been asking for thew data for 2yrs now with no response from China

neilnevill
    Free Member

I agree getting kids done is far more awkward than necessary. I would love to know the stats on how many youngsters have had their one or two doses. Even in London we had to hunt to find vac centres that did under 12s and the first we tried was only doing kids in Mondays. When I pointed out they probably didn’t get many in then, seeing as its a school day, it was like I had two heads. We got them done at a walk in at one of the local hospitals, but when we pitched up for dose 2 the place was closed despite showing as open still on the government website.. cue race to the next nearest hospital with a walk in before they closed. Got them done then laughed at the sign in the wall saying they weren’t doing kids vacs over the school hols. Why not roll out to GPS like other vaccines?

oldnpastit

Don’t know if it’s covid, but my wife, myself and one of my children have gone down with some kind of virus. My wife caught it from a friend last week.

I’ve been in bed for most of the last three days, occasionally getting out in order to feel weird.

Having some awesome fever dreams though, so not all bad.

Poopscoop

Klunk
    Free Member
    they change regularly btw usually somewhere different locally especially at the weekends

Cheers, I’ll keep an eye on that page and sorry for the typo calling you klink!lol

Klunk
    Free Member

I’m dislexec so dimdn’t notace 😉

doris5000

Good luck with the ongoing recovery mate and hope your parents are doing ok.👍

Thanks chap. I’m sure we’ll get there in the end!

mert
    Free Member

Colleague of mines mother in law died of it at the weekend.
    They’d actually driven down to go to father in laws mothers funeral, who died of COVID about 2 weeks ago.

Both my colleague and her partner have it too. Isolating in a hotel room in central Germany with a 2 year old.

bertie bassett
    Free Member

What do we think about this, the Covid heroes:

Covid Heroes

bertie bassett
    Free Member

and the Covid Villains:

Covid Villains

agree of disagree with any of these nominations and why?

cinnamon_girl

Back so soon?

somafunk

Id place them all in a sack and throw them from a high bridge

bertie bassett
    Free Member

Id place them all in a sack and throw them from a high bridge

You mean kill them? For what reason? Surely you can be more specific?

beej

agree of disagree with any of these nominations and why?

Unfortunately I don’t have several months to spend researching all the activities, background and motivations of the nominator and the nominees from original, credible sources, rather than blindly accepting information spread through social media where almost anyone can post almost anything.

gobuchul
    Free Member

From that villains link regarding Bill Gates:

injecting our food with mRNA.

@bertie
    bassett – can you please explain why he would be doing this?

bertie bassett
    Free Member

Unfortunately I don’t have several months to spend researching all the activities, background and motivations of the nominator and the nominees from original, credible sources, rather than blindly accepting information spread through social media where almost anyone can post almost anything.

But what is an original and credible source these days? Isn’t that the problem. When even the BBC have been caught with their pants down spreading outright mis-information:

BBC Lies

oldenough
    Free Member

@bertie bassett – can you please explain why he would be doing this?

Please don’t, just bore of instead.

the-muffin-man

Mods, Mods – he’s come back home – can we keep him this time!

It’ll be really, really nice to have a pet lunatic around! Pretty please! 🐶😸🐰🐹

bertie bassett
    Free Member

@bertie bassett – can you please explain why he would be doing this?

No, oh wait, perhaps because of his huge investments in mRNA manufacturers and his links to being the biggest owner of farmland in the USA? No couldn’t be eh? That would be a conflict of interest surely?

ElShalimo

13 years of Tory cuts to social care gives you unfortunate people like bertie out on the streets

kimbers

Bertie Basset its going to blow your tiny mind when you learn that all food is full of mRNA!

An injecting it intro food?? why ask anyone who works with RNA & theyll tell you its incredibly unstable, it degrades very quickly at room temp, let alone once its in your digestive system

tjagain

From the “covid heros”

Dr. Simon Goddek
    @goddeketal
    🧵THREAD: In an age of alleged pandemic urgency, supposed good intentions have led to discrimination against the unvaccinated and coercion for gene therapies. This thread unveils the bad guys’ deeds that must not be allowed to fall into oblivion.

there is no discrimination against the unvaccinated and no coercion for gene therapies.

So that immediatly marks it out as nonsense

also “Dr simon goddek” is not a medical doctor but a phd in biotech

Klunk
    Free Member

was flicking through the channels this morning as you GBeebies were doing their paper round up and were stating that Covid virus originated from the Wuhan lab… Then one of the reviewers pipes up something along the line of “Viruses don’t exist and you can’t prove that they do…..”

Bunnyhop

There seems to be covid out there that’s knocking people onto their backs. nbt has spent the last four days in bed. I’ve never seen him this poorly.

Anyone else noticed this?

onewheelgood

My sister had it two weeks ago and was pretty bad. Her daughter suffers from ME/CFS and she had it too. She had been improving but this has knocked her back months 🙁

theotherjonv

This is an interesting ruling by the coroner – ‘unintended complications of the [AZ] vaccine’

Not so much that it happened, it is a fact that some people have had serious negative side effects albeit at very low levels but that it provides ‘written proof’ and validates his family’s litigation against AZ.

Thankfully it’s not me, and i don’t know how I’d react in that case, but could create far reaching implications. I’m uneasy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-65321937

ernielynch

Blimey, according to the article:

It estimates the vaccine programme prevented more than 100,000 deaths and more than 200,000 hospitalisations from Covid during the first eight months of the rollout in 2021.

CountZero

You mean kill them? For what reason? Surely you can be more specific?

Wipe the hard drive, because all of them are fake images created by an AI, so they can’t be killed. Which is what you are, son. Fake, that is.

CountZero

No, oh wait, perhaps because of his huge investments in mRNA manufacturers and his links to being the biggest owner of farmland in the USA? No couldn’t be eh? That would be a conflict of interest surely?

Fail to see how, there’s no obvious correlation.

Investing in the development of mRNA treatments is good business, because the range of potential treatments is expanding rapidly, cancer treatments, HIV, the likes of Epstein-Barr virus, which is now being studied as a likely cause of Parkinson’s disease and, IIRC, Multiple Sclerosis as well as some other diseases.

Anyone who actually cares about finding treatments for what are terrible diseases, leading to a terrible drawn-out death, and has the money, is benefiting humanity as a whole.

Not that you give a shit, of course.

CountZero

Not so much that it happened, it is a fact that some people have had serious negative side effects albeit at very low levels but that it provides ‘written proof’ and validates his family’s litigation against AZ.

I don’t see how, all medical treatments come with the potential for side-effects, look at the little bit of paper in the box containing any over-the-counter medication, and all of them, every single one, will warn about possible side effects. The birth control pill had a very similar effect on some women, for example. Pregnancy does as well.

It estimates the vaccine programme prevented more than 100,000 deaths and more than 200,000 hospitalisations from Covid during the first eight months of the rollout in 2021.

Yes, and I believe 72 suffered that reaction and died, during that very early rollout. Once the issue was identified, it was very easy to treat, I believe.

CountZero

also “Dr simon goddek” is not a medical doctor but a phd in biotech

Of course! He’s running a false flag operation, he’s actually developing the nanomachines going into the vaccines!

Jamze

There seems to be covid out there that’s knocking people onto their backs.

Yup. Very high-risk dad caught it last week after 3 years of shielding. Hopefully out of the hospital this week 🤞🏻

dirtyrider
    Free Member

was it worth writing off 3 years of his life hiding away for something he’s been into hospital with and now being out within a week?

theotherjonv

That’s a tough one, the hidden consequences of the lockdowns and shielding are difficult to quantify against the very quantifiable risks of the virus itself. Also catching it now Vs at a time when treatment was not well refined, hospitals being swamped, no vaccines, possibly a different strain….. different implications.

And to clarify; to my earlier post – I’m not saying the ruling validates a claim against AZ, that’s what his family is saying. I’m uneasy for similar reasons to CZ

Jamze

He has dementia and not very mobile,  so TBH his life didn’t change,  just the people around him are being careful. Maybe some benefits catching now with antivirals and vaccine? But impossible to know for sure.

reluctantjumper

Woken up to the news my dad has tested positive for Covid, not great news for an 83 year old overweight cancer patient! No sign of any symptoms in the rest of the family yet (we were all together on Saturday) but keeping an eye out. That leaves just me and my mum who have missed it.

Good luck to all the others above who are dealing with it in their families, it’s definitely not gone away.

thecaptain
    Free Member

was it worth writing off 3 years of his life hiding away for something he’s been into hospital with and now being out within a week?

3 years on and this is still the level of debate? Surely you can do better than that.

“was it worth 10 years of insurance premiums when my house didn’t even get burgled let alone burnt down?”

theotherjonv

Good point, but in cold hard facts – no, I wish I’d saved the premiums. But that’s knowing what i know now, not what could have happened and hence why I insured and continue to insure.

moimoifan
    Free Member

I think it is fair to say that the initial lockdowns in particular had an effect on the mental health of a lot of people, to varying degrees.

But by now, nearly 18 months after the last partial lovkdown, I’m surprised that people are still feeling the need to air their issues into the ether of Internet forums. Even if someone was badly affected, I would have hoped they would have sought some help by now – or worked it out for themselves.

But then maybe spouting off into the virtual world is their therapy. It takes all kinds.

Viewing 40 posts - 39,601 through 39,640 (of 39,836 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.