• This topic has 39,835 replies, 1,030 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks ago by Klunk.
Viewing 36 posts - 39,801 through 39,836 (of 39,836 total)
  • The Coronavirus Discussion Thread.
  • dantsw13

Just tested positive this morning. I ve had a cold I felt I couldn’t shake for a few weeks, and a sore throat developed sunday and started coughing up phlegm. sore throat and sore eyes. 

4 covid jabs and 4 positive tests.

benos

I just ventured outside for the 1st time in 12 days. Bleurgh.

iainc

flu and covid (moderna) jabs an hour ago, one in each arm.  Supposed to be doing a Zwift meetup with some pals at 8 this evening, wonder how I will feel by then…

somafunk

I’ve just received both jabs as iainc mentioned above but both in my last arm (different areas) as I can only sleep on my right side, I’ve had no issues whatsoever with previous vaccines so fingers crossed for no ill effects 

fossy

Wife had both last week. Wasn’t 100% anyway, but just ran a high temperature for a few hours.

iainc

i am feeling a bit drowsy, 2 hrs post jabs, but maybe its in my mind !

somafunk

i am feeling a bit drowsy, 2 hrs post jabs, but maybe its in my mind !

Getting your excuse to avoid the zwift meet up in early I see 😉

iainc

^^^^^ that’s what makes me think it’s psychosomatic 🙂

Kryton57

My experience and that of others around me is this years Flu jab hurts your arm for a while, then two-three days of feeling crap follows, although we’ve all had both so not sure which vaccine cause the crapiness.

daviek

Think I had it at the end of September but I was away with work so couldnt test (would cause no end of trouble if people were officially positive) Went to the doctors yesterday for the first time without one of the kids in i dont know how long and now ive got a steroid inhailer for the asthma thats not really bothered me in over 30 years. Its the gift that keeps giving!

phil5556

My wife didn’t go to work last Tuesday because she felt a bit rough, sore throat and not much voice – just thought it was a bad cold.

Did a test on Sunday and confirmed it’s Covid. She’s up and about the last couple of days but a 20 minute walk yesterday with the dog finished her off for the day.

I’ve had a very slight cold for about week that hasn’t come to anything, starting to feel slightly groggy tonight.

I wouldn’t mind but we’re supposed to be driving to Wales today and got BPW booked Fri & Sat 😤

Bunnyhop

As far as I know I am a ‘first timer’ and caught it last week.
    nbt had covid in April and was properly ill with it (4 days in bed), I didn’t catch it.
    Just been very tired, shivering most of the last 5 days (not gone out anywhere) and feeling as though it was a really bad cold. Now I have a ‘the cough’.

gravedigger
    Free Member

I am personally not having another jab after seeing how the flu jab has completely wrecked my girlfriends brother life – I can’t remember what the diagnosis is now but it’s gone through “It’s all in your head” to possible Guillain barre syndrome to whatever it is now, with him being unable to work and physically unable to do much activity at all. Also had Cateract problems resulting from the treatments and has had to have operations on both eyes.

However at the time he had the jab he was training hard, circuits, etc.

So if I were to have another jab, flu or covid, or whatever, I would certainly be resting for at least a week afterwards.

That also fits in with a documentary I saw ages ago about people with ‘chronic fatique syndrome’ and most of them seem to have carried on with some intense exercise close to an illness which included a sore throat (virus…).

kelvin

Don’t know enough about that flu jab experience, but resting after viral infection is wise. CFS seems to often come on post virus in people working hard (not necessarily intense exercise, more burning the candle at both ends).

bedmaker

So if I were to have another jab, flu or covid, or whatever, I would certainly be resting for at least a week afterwards.

That also fits in with a documentary I saw ages ago about people with ‘chronic fatique syndrome’ and most of them seem to have carried on with some intense exercise close to an illness which included a sore throat (virus…).

That’s been my big takeaway from the past four years.  Don’t soldier on through ilness or it may leave a very bad sting in the tail.  My two covid bouts were as mild as they could be, but I did nothing but maybe a short amble for the week.

The long covid folks I know, and many on here it would appear, are active types wanting to get back in action too soon in hindsight.  The average couch potato less likely to suffer it seems.

On the flu jab, my FIL developed carpal tunnel syndrome immediately after his last one.  Apparently it’s a (rare) thing.

gravedigger
    Free Member

On the flu jab, my FIL developed carpal tunnel syndrome immediately after his last one. Apparently it’s a (rare) thing.

After a covid jab my girlfriend suffered a dead/painful arm for a long time, but then found a cyst in her breast on the same side of her body. Had it drained and the dead arm pain also went.

Incidently the lump came back and she had it cut out by that Asmaa lady that won this years “The Great British Sewing Bee” – needless to say the stich work was impeccable…

LAT

my wife was at a small conference recently,  there was an outbreak (is that the right word?) of covid in the cohort and she even shared cabs on 3 occasions with folk who tested positive. 

she’d had the latest vaccine a month or so ago. thankfully she didn’t catch it or bring it home. 

bigginge

IMG_1602

sad face.

zippykona

I was exposed to Covid on Wednesday 29 November.Felt poorly on the following Saturday and tested positive on Sunday.

According to the website I could be infectious for up to 10 days.
    When does the 10 days start from?

I  have a snotty nose , feel fine but still have a faint line. Can I go to the shops yet?

MoreCashThanDash

Can I go to the shops yet?

Thete are no rules, do what you think is appropriate.

imnotverygood

Personally I would wait until you test negative, but  I believe that after about 5 days you are considered less infectious. I would definitely wear a mask if you do decide to mingle with others. 

midlifecrashes

I was ill last weekend but didn’t suspect Covid, but have passed it to family who have tested positive. I’m testing negative now so it’s come and gone but I’m still feeling it. Got work to do today but mask and gloves just in case I can still pass it on, and I’ll be hanging around outside as much as possible.

Cougar

I am personally not having another jab after seeing how the flu jab has completely wrecked my girlfriends brother life

That’s terrible. If that’s the reaction from a tiny dose of an inactive virus, I wonder what the actual flu might have done to him?

Bunnyhop

I’ll be going into one shop today, but will wear a mask. I’ve had covid for 2 weeks now (not contagious anymore). Still feeling a bit rubbish.
    So many people seem to have covid at the moment, but it’s not mentioned in the news. Too many people think this is over.

MoreCashThanDash

Its not mentioned in the news because its now “just” another potentially fatal winter virus – vaccines and treatments have reduced the amount of really serious cases. I think i read somewhere that flu deaths exceeded Covid deaths last winter?

Still rubbish if you catch it, I would go out of my way to avoid to avoid spreading it, even vaccines won’t fully protect any vulnerable person who I passed it to.

scotroutes

I had the flu and covid vaccines week before last but have managed to catch a stinker of a cold (thanks Mrs S). I’ll be careful about who I’m around and personal hygiene. No need to pass even that onto someone else.

onewheelgood

This week was the anniversary of my mother’s death from covid.

Last weekend the choir in which Mrs Onewheel sings went to perform carols at the hospital – during the week about a third of them came down with covid – luckily she hadn’t gone with them because of other commitments. It seems that the current variant is extremely contagious. Given that singing and going to hospital are two of the most dangerous things when it comes to covid transmission I’m not convinced it was a good idea to combine them.

codybrennan
    Free Member

I did the Deerstalker last Saturday with a group of mates; hanging around in the marquee afterwards one pal remarked that he’d done well considering he’d been feeling so gash. Eyebrows were raised. Gash? Exactly how?

Same pal messages on Wednesday with a pic of a +ve C19 test. Feeling ok, I carried on. Only to be struck down with it overnight on Thursday, +ve test for me on Friday.

It’s Flu 2 now, isn’t it? (Or Flu Too, perhaps). I’m mid 50s, decent nick, but even so I’m hingin’ at the mo. Another endemic disease to add to the pile as we age. And I’m one of the lucky ones, fully vaxed etc

somafunk

I consider that ^ to be a form of natural selection,

martinhutch

I find it hard to believe that they’ve adjusted for other factors contributing to mortality in those cohorts of hydroxychloroquine enjoyers. eg over-consumption of crayons and being kicked in the head by a horse while nicking its medicine.

TiRed

Combination of lots of small studies with variable baselines is going to be a challenge for interpretation, so I’d be wary. However the original premise, that hydroxychloroquine could be beneficial at suitable doses was reasonable. Until one looked at the doses needed to get to the in vitro antiviral levels (which I did and published). This, like ivermectin, was never going to work ans doses would be toxic, and there have been cases of poisoning in the US.

imnotverygood

I see private booster jabs are going to be available for £45. There doesn’t seem to have been much of a fanfare about this- shows how quickly covid has blended into the background.

doris5000

Yeah I saw it in the Guardian yesterday – very pleased to hear that. I managed to get a jab in the autumn after pleading with my GP, but I’d be happy to pay in future. And MrsDoris will be keen to get it too, to reduce the risks to me.

thecaptain
    Free Member

45 quid is gouging though. If you have an elderly parent you may be able to get one free as a carer.

Klunk
    Free Member

JN.1 variant is quite unpleasant reminded me of having a UTI after going 10 rounds  with mike tyson

Viewing 36 posts - 39,801 through 39,836 (of 39,836 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.