• This topic has 39,835 replies, 1,030 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 20,401 through 20,440 (of 39,836 total)
  • The Coronavirus Discussion Thread.
  • lunge

@kelvin, yes they have and have been for a while. They also send people to The Royal Orthopaedic depending on the need.
    I’m told there was some slowing down in recent weeks but it’s back up again now.

kelvin

That’s great. Good news.

dantsw13

Thanks Stretch. Good to hear that treatment options are better than in the first wave.

Poopscoop

Made the mistake of looking at FB for a few mins… People are being encouraged to print these out and disseminate them.

oakleymuppet
    Free Member

I mean, that leaflet is insane but at the same time considering it’s been produced by a deranged lunatic that is a halfway competent disinformation leaflet. Needs some official looking Harvard referencing and the removal of the some of the more conspiracy based language and it’d be a great one.

ElShalimo

Where is this from?

Poopscoop

Oakly,

Indeed, that’s partly why it is concerning. It almost seems plausible, even copying the government’s messaging brand.

oakleymuppet
    Free Member

Where is this from?

Yeah, I wonder if there are any interested parties within DHSC that you could pass this onto.

The **** need swatting like flies, McCarthy had the right idea.

oakleymuppet
    Free Member

“Louise”…….well that explains everything.

Northwind

I love the “but why? Don’t ask us”. Like, the wisest and most intelligent conspiracy theorist in the world have dedicated literally tens of hours to this problem, and the best anyone’s come up with is “something something Bill Gates”.

Like, tell me oh illuminati, why did Donald Trump throw away his second term over the plandemic? Why is Boris Johnston allowing it to destroy him? And why is Nicola Sturgeon, who hates him, going along with it? Why has every european country bought into it and let it smash their ecomomies?

And if there’s some conspiracy so deep, so profound that it forces all of those different interests to work together… How is Bolsanaro not dead?

This calls for a picture of Jimmy Saville standing beside a Wookie I think, and possibly even a reference to zombie maggots.

oakleymuppet
    Free Member

I wouldn’t bother to understand it Northwind, all you need to assume is that they are seditious agitators who in a different time would have had the full force of the state thrown at them.

This is what happens when people decide that the actions of western governments highlighted by certain whistleblowers are equivalent to the actions of states run by people like Putin. The rot and degeneracy sets in.

vazaha

It’s like looking at the new ‘soft power’, just as we abandon its previous incarnations.

Like how the Brexit Barmy Army succeed in their pressure to cut Overseas Aid in the kind of ‘cancel culture’ that they outwardly criticise, yet actively utilise to actually harm us.

It is HyperNormalisation, and it comes from a play-book.

We can spend our time fruitlessly refuting the BS as it gets more ‘n’ more outlandish, so they start answering questions with questions, so we start answering questions that take us down cul-de-sacs that resemble colostomy bags… Or we can purposefully ignore its worst excesses and get on with the interesting stuff.

stevextc
    Free Member

poopscoop

Made the mistake of looking at FB for a few mins… People are being encouraged to print these out and disseminate them.

The problem is these are no more or less accurate than the governments misinformation.
    People see it as a binary choice when it isn’t. i.e. the government are lying therefore this must be true

It is obvious to anyone the government are lying … I mean they do it in a single press conference but frankly anyone can see Nursing Homes were not safe etc. Boris social distancing stood behind a 2m apart sign nowhere near 2m from people either side… whilst no sane person will disagree that lockdown has caused massive unemployment and MH issues.

So we’re a bit stuffed… I don’t actually believe that Boris even has the capability to understand truth…. (I mean that seriously, it’s not a political pop) .. but he doesn’t even seem to tell the truth even when it might be to his advantage… and I don’t mean in the sense of him being a politician … it’s like he has some MH issue that prevents him ???

This makes conspiracy stuff so easy … because people will tend towards if one is lying the other must be true.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Talk of Scottish schools not starting back til 11th January, can see that happening, on agenda at Scotgov meeting today.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

People see it as a binary choice

That right there is the problem.

The modern world is more complex than yes/no.

I don’t actually believe that Boris even has the capability to understand truth…

I suspect you are right.

Or if he does, he simply doesn’t care, because power/possession/vanity is more important.

Ewan
    Free Member
    Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It seems increasingly that Boris is indeed a gift from above, and that he will eventually deliver the break up of the union. 🙂

stevextc
    Free Member

I suspect you are right.

Or if he does, he simply doesn’t care, because power/possession/vanity is more important.

Increasingly I’m starting to think he actually doesn’t understand “truth” or “lie”.
    It’s a weird one … his school reports seem to show he was the same back then even by Eton standards but he doesn’t even seem to take the opportunity to tell the truth even when it’s the easy option ??? (and again I don’t mean that in a politician way)…

I don’t know if this happened to him or was he born like this?

I wouldn’t be all that surprised TBH if it turned out parts of the government were behind the leaflet… some bizarre plan to obscure the truth through accusing themselves of lying ???
    It’s all VERY 1984 double think…

stevextc
    Free Member

Nober

It seems increasingly that Boris is indeed a gift from above, and that he will eventually deliver the break up of the union.

You couldn’t make this up could you?
    Honestly even with the combined intellegence of hancock and bozster you couldn’t possibly think this would go down well in any of the devolved nations. Even die hard unionist will be vomiting…

All I can think is its a double bluff… Bozzer is going to hand over power of the union to Nicola.

edit:
    Actually I think that might be more popular than first glance.
    My kid asked me and my mate who was the “best English politican” the other day and I said “English of British”… he was “Oh British then” and me and my mate both said Nicola Sturgeon at the same time.

MoreCashThanDash

That right there is the problem.

The modern world is more complex than yes/no.

I’ve been pulled apart on this forum more than once for suggesting such heresy! 🤣

Rather alarmed that Tory MPs are undermining the latest tier plans by demanding evidence after the event, with the press giving it their backing. Can see that playing into the hands of the Covid deniers/ignorers.

Obviously could have been avoided if the criteria were set out clearly before or alongside the announcement.

Much as I’d like to see the Tories stab Boris in the back. 😎

kelvin

Actually I think that might be more popular than first glance.

Down here in little England… I take that offer up in a heartbeat.

stevextc
    Free Member

Kelvin

Down here in little England… I take that offer up in a heartbeat.

Yep … just time to cancel HS2 and put it between Manchester and Edinburgh ??
    but seriously I wonder how popular it would be after the handling of this epidemic.

stevextc
    Free Member

MoreCash

Rather alarmed that Tory MPs are undermining the latest tier plans by demanding evidence after the event, with the press giving it their backing. Can see that playing into the hands of the Covid deniers/ignorers.

I’m not totally convinced they are not the same thing. As in if it turned out later that spreading disinformation in 2 ways was actually official policy ..

I mean Bozzer knows that Govey leaked the biggy… and has ordered a police investigation he will doubtless then obstruct. Makes you wonder …

ElShalimo

HS2 will continue as it’s a vanity project.

Sadly they have postponed Crossrail2 due to Covid-19, the £ Billions that were to be invested in that have morphed into £43.82 and a bag of gobstoppers for levelling up the North.

martinhutch

What the actual ****. Can someone please reboot this version of reality.

FFS. How we laughed when Trump demanded his signature be put on the stimulus checks.

Can Scotland adopt selected parts of the North of England on the way out please?

kelvin

Sorry for Daily Mail jurno link…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Can Scotland adopt selected parts of the North of England on the way out please

We’ll take Cumbria, ye can keep the rest of it.

lunge

Rather alarmed that Tory MPs are undermining the latest tier plans by demanding evidence after the event, with the press giving it their backing

I don’t think we can blame the MP’s here, if the government provided evidence when they released the details then there’d be more buy-in to the restrictions.
    You can argue about their timing, but asking for evidence is no bad thing.

MoreCashThanDash

I don’t think we can blame the MP’s here, if the government provided evidence when they released the details then there’d be more buy-in to the restrictions.

As per my next paragraph then….

Poopscoop

That anti lock down poster appears to have been removed? I did report it but didn’t actually expect anything to happen.

Obviously it will still keep on popping up but still…

frankconway

Chloroquine & hydroxy if taken by CV19 patients may cause psychotic episodes…
    https://www.politico.eu/article/drugs-hyped-as-coronavirus-treatment-linked-to-psychiatric-disorders-says-ema/

nickjb
    Free Member

Could it make you falsely believe you are president of America?

crazy-legs
    mariner
    Free Member

Nadhim Zahawi, a minister for business and industry, has been placed in charge of overseeing the deployment of the Covid-19 vaccine, Downing Street has announced.

Is it the vodka talking or was Grayling too busy?

ElShalimo

We’re doomed now. He’ll siphon off the budget for his property portfolio.

dantsw13

Good job we are paying millions for a vaccine Tzar……

TiRed

Thought this blog posted to Wired on the vaccine trial reporting was very good and worth a read. http://hildabastian.net/index.php/100

Basically, the two mRNA trials were well set out Phase 3 designs with one simple endpoint. Reporting of them in press releases (which is a mandated activity for any trial results material to the share price) was clear and straightforward, as is the interpretation. By contrast, the world-beating Oxford/AZ trial was more convoluted, an amalgam of multiple trials and objectives, and reporting was (ahem) less than transparent. Only after Warp Speed’s Moncef Slauoi revealed the randomisation has the true nature of the results come out.

Basically it appears that one contract manufacturer did not transfer the release assay for concentration of virus in the vials. This lower strength vaccine was used unwittingly and the reported reduction in adverse events led to further investigation.

In Biotech Land, the process is the product. If you can’t make it reliably then you are absolutely looking for the paddleshop. On a scale of 1 (minor trial issue) to 10 (failed trial) this would rate about an 8-9 maybe a 10. OK the remainder of the data is probably OK (60% efficacy is enough for an emergency license) but the 90% efficacy can be wholly disregarded. The fact that the data is confounded (no >55 received the low dose) and there are no US patients due to an FDA clinical hold during the trial means that the vaccine won’t be approved in the US without a further trial. AZ’s CEO admitted as much and they will run a further trial.

MHRA may approve the Pfizer/Biontech vaccine this week for emergency use, ahead of the EMA.

If you want some good news, we are presently at the peak of the second wave of deaths and things will continue to go down as we leave lockdown into lockdown lite.

Viewing 40 posts - 20,401 through 20,440 (of 39,836 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.