Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Where's the cheapest mobile pay monthly deal?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Tesco?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Depends on what you want? You can get £10 on thousands of networks, thousdands of sites, Tesco, Talk Mobile, etc etc etc. But depends on how many minutes you want, if you aren’t going to use many you’re probably better off going PAYG.

Militant_biker

For what sort of usage? You want Internet?

GiffGaff do pretty awesome deals…

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

I pay £20 with Tesco get 250 minutes and unlimited texts and data.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

1freezingpenguin cheaper on Giffgaff looking at that! Never heard of them before as it’s such a catchy webstie name and instantly makes you think of mobile phones!!

MadBillMcMad

gifgaff – but do it via a friend so you & them both get a kickback.

giffgaff piggyback off the O2 network (just like tesco).
    They are just an internet only shop.

Contact me if you do not know anyone else to get the kickback.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

So I would need an existing phone to use giffgaff?

Militant_biker

So I would need an existing phone to use giffgaff?

Yup – it’s SIM only

RealMan
    Free Member

So does GiffGaff get the exact same coverage/reception/signal etc. as O2?

Militant_biker

So does GiffGaff get the exact same coverage/reception/signal etc. as O2?

Pretty much. 🙂

djglover
    Free Member

Free galaxy s, £70 cashback, £13 a month – vodafone via quidco

Brilliant deal

RealMan
    Free Member

Then why isn’t everyone with GiffGaff? This feels slightly too good to be true. Where’s the catch?

defydude
    Free Member

Recently switched to giffgaff myself.

£10 goodybag for the month gave gives me 250 mins, unlimited texts/data and free 0800/0500 numbers.

….and to quote myself from another post:

I am in the process of switching to GiffGaff from O2, and keeping the same number, using a 3GS.

Gone from £20 for Simplicity sim only for 600 mins / 1000 txts / Unlimited Web (which while decent was waaaay to many mins)

to….

£10 goody bag on GiffGaff which gives me 250mins / Unlimited Web & Texts / Free 0800/0500 calls.

If all goes to plan it would have gone:

Wednesday: Apply for GiffGaff sim & ring 02 for PAC Code.
    Thursday: Receive, activate sim and put in PORT request on the GiffGaff website. Also download My GiffGaff off the Appstore.
    Friday (hopefully*): Number gets ported over and relax.

Probably mentioned above, but both GiffGaff and Tesco piggyback on 02’s network.

* All went smoothly.

Militant_biker

Then why isn’t everyone with GiffGaff?

No traditional advertising means a lot of people have never heard of it.

This feels slightly too good to be true. Where’s the catch?

None that I’ve found. Well, if you have any problems, it’s web based help only – that could be a catch in some people’s eyes. But compare that to phoning up a customer service dept…

Cletus

I get a Blackberry on T-Mobile from work but have got the rest of the family on GiffGaff maînly due to fact that calls between GG mobiles are free (as long as you have topped up in the past three months. It means that the kids can always call their Mum even if they havè no credit. I have bought PAYG Orange San Franciscos on Orange for £100 – easy to unloçk.

T666DOM

You can’t fault giffgaff if you’ve got an unlocked phone I get the £10 goodybag as mentioned above 250 mins, unlimited texts and data. After about 7 years with orange the best they could do for my iPhone was £40 a month. Can’t remember what the contract length was but I told them to whistle.

A big plus for giffgaff is there’s no contract try them for a little time as you want , if it doesn’t suit you, just switch.

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

I’m using Gigaff on the £10/month goodybag…was with Asda. O2 not quite as good coverage as Vodaphone but works for me. I get the feeling it’s such good value that O2 will see it as a threat and throttle their service. Asda raised the cost of texting so can only hope the same doesn’t happen with Giffgaff.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

IT does look too good to be true which unfortunately normally means it is! I will have to remember that when my contract is due up.

z1ppy

Too good to be true was think of trying Utility Warehouse for there mobile.. too too many horror storries (admittely about gas/electric bills) meant I went with GiffGaff.. there is no contract, I can get rid of the sim tomorrow. Have been with them over 6 months now,g/f joined too, no issues in the slightest.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

giffgaff I think

k-sugden
    Free Member

Talk Mobile have similar deals to giffgaff but use the Vodafone network you can get a sim card from your local carphone warehouse but if you want one of their phone deals they are cheaper on the net

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Where's the cheapest mobile pay monthly deal?’ is closed to new replies.