Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Where’s good for a bargain down jacket
  • Maltloaf

anyone know where i might get a deal on a decent down jacket? possibly Rab or Mountain equipment??

AndyPaice
    Free Member

have you had a look for factory shops/outlets?

I think Rab have a factory shop but I don’t know if they’ll do any major discounts.

pcb
    Free Member

Alpkit are very good.

surfer
    Free Member

Second Alpkit, very popular on here for good reason.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

go outdoors always have bargain prices

Stoner
    Free Member

alpkit are very good value for a reasonable quality down product.

Pigface
    Free Member

Always found Mountain Equipment to be very stingy with there sizing. The cut is so small its ridiculous.

topangarider
    Free Member

Alpkit.

I forked out for a Rab, but now wish I’d saved a few bob and got the Alpkit – my missus’ is excellent and getting on for 3 years old now with no signs of wear or down loss. The new ones look even better.

aP
    Free Member

PHD have a sale on at the moment

firestarter
    Free Member

ive a rab glacier guide i may let go as i dont use it . i got it for one trip a few years back and wore it once and i no longer ice climb. its a med i think where are you based ?

Maltloaf

i’m in manchester, how much are you looking for it?

firestarter
    Free Member

not sure mate i;ll have to see what they are going for on the bay make me an offer 😉 . it was £280 when i got it and is like new like i say only used the once.its got a detachable hood too which is great. i will check the size and get some details . im in leeds btw.

firestarter
    Free Member

here is a pic mate, its a medium

stonemonkey
    Free Member

Got a Rab, would buy a Alpkit

Maltloaf

i think you are probably going to want more than i’m willing to offer. would you take £90 collected?

beej

I found a 20% off code for Cotswold Outdoor – B2091 or FJ71. Can’t remember which one I used, worked 3 days ago. They might have something.

Riksbar

Boundary Mill have Lowe Alpine down jackets for £100 in the sale.

Something like this

firestarter
    Free Member

malt loaf bob me an email its in my profile 😉

montylikesbeer

Alpkit filo for me, got one just before my trip to the Atlas Mountains, superb, cheap and well made, def worth a look

Sandwich

How about one of these Toasty Jackets

hora
    Free Member

Decathlon do proper down jackets for £50 (snowboarding etc)

Drac

Aplkit have only XXXL jackets left in stock.

I’m off to Montane factory outlet on Saturday best off all I get furhter discount too through work.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Montylikesbeer what was Atlas Mountains like? can I take my down puffa at that time of the year (April) will it be chilly at night??
    Goign to get one of those Alpkit puffas when they have them in again.

Pinkstiffee
    Free Member

Go Outdoors were doing down jackets for £10 the other day!

montylikesbeer

The trip was amazing, we set off to do Mt M-goun but it dropped 4 feet of snow and we could not get in to our start valley, mind yiu we should have known when we saw the reports.

Not all lost though the guide took us up to 2,900 M in a blisteringly hot day with deep snow.

The trip for the 4 of us cost £50 per person per day for the use of a land cruser, a guide, driver, cook, food, digs, drop off and collect from the airport as well as fist and last night in Marrakesh at half board.

Superb place with loads to do………..

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Cool can’t wait for the trip!!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Got a 66 Degree expedition down jacket in TK Max. for £80 said it had been reduced from £250. Its super toasty, natural down.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Where’s good for a bargain down jacket’ is closed to new replies.