Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Where you been riding today?
  • Smee
    Free Member

I’ve been exploring Caberston. Found some sweet steep rooty trails that look like they haven’t seen a bike in years. Twas a good day.

ilikebikes
    Free Member

We went to castleton today and tried to do a bit of a loop of Mam tor. It was a nightmare, mud and deep snow on Rushops edge and blowing a gale on the top check out these pics;

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/neiltlarge/MamTor15209Nightmare#

BigDummy
    Free Member

I got up late, and took my wife on the back of the Big Dummy to our local deli, where we had breakfast. Then we rode around for a bit before going home. About 2 miles all in. 🙂

theboatman
    Free Member

Different worries in the white peak today;

oldgit
    Free Member

Around Woburn were the snow is still laying deep and frozen. Never thought I’d utter the words ‘ride through the mud it’s easier’

paule
    Free Member

Went out on houndkirk moor above sheffield but turned it into a short ride as the dog was belly deep in half melted slush…..

domino

At home – I have hurt my ankle. Might even need to visit the docs as it doesnt seem to be getting better. 😥

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

T shirt weather at Drumlanrig today.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Wiltshire loop taking in the Shaston Drove and the Ox Drove west of Salisbury. Was incredibly muddy and a fair amount of snow on the droves. Had the deep satisfaction of seeing a few 4x4s stuck on a section of the Ox Drove which had a closure notice on it 🙂 Fed up with those **** ruining it for the rest of us.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Barden Moor. Saw lots of other bikers too 🙂

ilikebikes
    Free Member

should have gone to the white peak 🙁

PJ266
    Free Member

Climachx + extras 😀 was mint.

Nick
    grumm
    Free Member

Went round Kentmere and Longsleddale yesterday – still fairly snowy on the tracks. Entertaining but I am slightly bored of the snow now!

forge197
    Free Member

Went to Afan did Whytes Level with a few mates and then had a lovely lunch in the Drop Off Cafe.

Trails were awesome and the Pitch fantastic. Perfect day in many ways.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

went out on the road, got lost 3 times and ended up doing 122km – i’m paying for it now, really nice day though

jedi

been at herts shore.rode line i built yesterday then it rained so we built another 🙂

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Delamere. Now I remember why I haven’t been there for 4 years!

muddy, easy to get lost, a bit piontless unless you’re after the exercise.

Not really worth getting the bike muddy for I am afraid to say as Rivington is closer to me and far more fun, and less muddy, more technical etc etc.

Did like looking at the (mad) bikers doing the big jumps though.

Delamere could be soooo much better with some proper trails to follow. Hope the FC will bother one day.

druidh
    Free Member

Lang Whang – again. Saw loads of other roadies out too. Thing is, I was wrapped up for yesterdays weather which was a bit overkill today!

spooky_b329

My ride buddies for today…

15-02-09 081

…though this was the view most of the way round…

15-02-09 075

They were over the horizon on nearly every hill…good for getting fit!

jedi
    mutley

3.5 hours of mud on the Chilterns

Nice

grumm
    Free Member

Oh yeah, and this is where I was riding today!

Lovely snow despite the bare patches and a fair bit of sunshine too. Lots of nice jumps to mess about on as well. Still find it amazing that you can do this in England.

hicksville
    Free Member

longridge fell

jedi

opps
    i meant image

will
    Free Member

Ilikebikes – Those photos look very hard work! Glad i stayed on the road today 🙄 Just went out a for a quick spin up through Endcliffe park to the peaks, then just pootled around the lanes, no shots i’m afraid, left everything at home, including drink 🙄

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Here.

It was exercise.

Gary_C

5 of us out in Nidderdale today.Started from Pateley Bridge.

Unfortunately had to cut the off road section short on the return leg due to a ‘bit of snow’ hampering progress somewhat.

It was no less enjoyable though!

Invisible rider takes the bend:

The descent begins:

rlt
    Free Member

Local trails in Ogmore valley. Out on new Commencal 5.5. Rode some of the steepest stuff iv’e ridden for years.

Great day.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I rode to sainsburys, bought some milk, rode home. it was A W E S O M E I S H

ken_shields
    Free Member

Took my daughter to Woburn and it was kack……either icy snow with no grip, slushy snow or a quagmire. It’ll be a while before it’s back to properly rideable there me thinks

stevestunts
    Free Member

Home – A590 – over the mosses – Clocktower climb – Bishop’s Allotment – Simpson Ground circuit – Bishop’s Allotment in reverse – Clocktower descent – over the mosses – A590 – home.

Rear shock spat its air at the bottom of the Clocktower descent, so the pedal home was ridden in a state of fury.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

working 🙁

rickmeister

Town ride in Edinburgh, GT and Inners snow bound. Fitted in as many flights of stairs and lanes as possible. Rode in from Musselburgh to Bristo Square to mess about on the walles and stuff. All around the castle and old town, down the stairs by the Scotsman building to waverly station, up the observatory, tea and medals in Tiso’s, Leith and home on the prom.

40k of urban loveliness.

trail_rat
    Free Member

me n the missus did 90k on roads and gravel tracks from cambridge to mangatautri and round by horahora …. was a touch hot and we ran out of water about 12 k from the end 🙁

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Where you been riding today?’ is closed to new replies.