• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by sniff.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Where to stay near Aviemore this weekend?
  • honeybadgerx

Having a last minute weekend away with my other half + bikes, after somewhere for Fri and Sat night. Upper limit say £200 for somewhere nice, breakfast etc, though also happy to go the other end of the spectrum with a camping pod or similar. Can’t be fussed with full on tenting gear though.

Any recommendations? Bonus points for good camping pods as it saves my money and I’m working in Inverness Mon-Weds so may stay on a couple of nights and throw the other half on a train!

scotroutes

Badaguish – or is that too obvious?
    Nethy Bridge – Lazy Duck
    Lagganlia

Cairngorm Hotel if you want to spend your £200.

NZCol

I rang Coylumbridge on boxing day and got 3/4th Jan for 100 quid a night D, B & B ! Try them …

boxelder

Loch Inch water sports centre or Lagganlia are handy

duckman

Glenmore Lodge, thread closed.

somafunk

Aviemore Glamping in the town, mates of “gordie” at bothy bikes so should be spot on for your needs.

The cairngorm hotel is pretty decent and it’s right in the centre of town so handy for the shops/pub, not too expensive either.

I’m up at aviemore for a weeks riding this saturday, hoping for dry weather (fingers crossed)

honeybadgerx

Cheers folks, if anyone fancies a pootle in the area Mon/Tues night shout up, wouldn’t mind doing a bit more singletrack hunting around Rothiemurchus.

snownrock

Glenmore YHA?

geoffj
    duckman

No,the Scottish outdoor training centre. Very bike friendly,great food,great facilities and a bar with great ales overlooking the Northern Corries.
    http://www.glenmorelodge.org.uk

trail_rat
    Free Member

Other end of the spectrum. Ardlogie guesthouse .

Young couple , only done a couple of seasons absolutely cracking breakfast and great craik. Not jaded like many bnb owners.

Accomodation is good to….while remaining cyclist/outdoors friendly, shed to lock up bikes and drying room for your gear.

Was 80 quid a night bnb last september.

sniff
    Free Member
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Where to stay near Aviemore this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.