Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Where to ride instead of BPW
  • redjon
    Free Member

i’ve booked the day off next Thursday to do BPW but then the uplift sold out just before I booked it. Still got the day off so where should I ride instead, I’m based in Warwickshire so looking for somewhere within a couple of hrs drive!

ajantom

FoD would be good, maybe Afan?

weeksy

Just because its sold out doesn’t mean you can’t ride it, just not in the instant queue. But you’ll be fine.

Northwind

FOD or BMCC if you want an uplift, think both will be closer to home for you. Or Flyup but it’s not as good imo, more of a trailcentre with an uplift. Still good but FOD and BMCC are fantastic

jekkyl

The Peak District. Head to Ladybower.

lucky7500

Not uplift, but I had a really good dat at Brechfa last weekend.

redjon
    Free Member

Considered 417 but it wasn’t great when I went a couple of years ago

redjon
    Free Member

weeksy, have you done this before? Do you risk having to wait ages for a space?

joebristol

Try Black Mountain Cycle Center – it’s epic! I preferred it to BPW personally. I’d say it’s less rocky and it isn’t armoured trails, but there’s more flow and definitely lots of table tops / step ups etc.

The blues are really fast – you need to reign it back in to start with otherwise the lips start chucking you up in the air more than is comfortable! The reds have bigger features but are really fun too. Blacks are a mixture of rockier / a bit more technical – then the massive jump lines with gaps younhave to clear.

Tractor ride to the top with an open trailer so might be a bit soggy if it rains a lot.

kiwicraig

weeksy, have you done this before? Do you risk having to wait ages for a space?

You should be sweet as. The wife and I rode BPW last week (on a Thursday as well). I had an uplift pass, she had a pay as you go. There was never a queue and we both got on together, there was always 2 buses waiting each time (they go up together).

weeksy

I did it a while ago and it was fine. But more recently we were there and there were vans every 10s it seemed, just loads… Every one had 2 vans waiting there, so no issues for the non-full riders.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Where to ride instead of BPW’ is closed to new replies.