Home Forums Chat Forum Where to meet between Cardiff and Southampton

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Where to meet between Cardiff and Southampton
  • molgrips
    Free Member

My colleague and I both WFH and we want to meet up somewhere nearly equidistant from Soton (ish) and Cardiff. I’m thinking Marlborough, Devizes, Chippenham, that kind of area, or somewhere in the countryside.  Coffee and a bit of food would be needed.

verses

The Red Lion in Avebury Stone Circle?

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

If you fancy a nice road ride, meet in Warminster, couple of miles from town centre past Longleat Center Parcs campus entrance and you have some lovely lanes.

Not quite equidistant, only a 50min train trip from Southampton Central.

molgrips
    Free Member

We’re not riding bikes, just a “work” meeting.  I did used to have work meetings with a different colleague on bikes though, that was great.

BigJohn

Behind the Nationwide in Swindon, surely?

argee

Bath, it’s on the Cardiff to Southampton mainline, get the train either side.

fs1e

Bath? It’s easy for both Southampton and Cardiff on the train and there are lots of good restaurants, cafes and pubs near the station

radbikebro

I used to work in Chippenham, there’s absolutely nothing there. Another vote for Bath – it’s easy on the train or park and ride. Plenty of pubs/cafes to have “work” meetings in

IdleJon

or somewhere in the countryside.  Coffee and a bit of food would be needed.

just a “work” meeting. 

Oh I see, a ‘work’ meeting somewhere away from home, maybe discreetly in the countryside with no prying eyes, and with food and drink. Will sir be bringing his own picnic mat or will one be required and will it be cleaned of any incriminating stains after the ‘work’ meeting?

:D

TiRed

Devizes for Caen Hill locks. Otherwise Bath. If the canal bug bites, there is always Crofton Beam Engine pumping station.

molgrips
    Free Member

Not on expenses though. £21 for me to get to Bath and £34 for him. Pricey.

argee

If you think £21 is pricey then Bath is probably not the best choice, maybe lower expectations to Trowbridge, they have a wetherspoons 🤣

slowol

Not on expenses though. £21 for me to get to Bath and £34 for him. Pricey.

Best get the Megabus then. Google tells me it’s 55 miles from Cardiff to Bath (110 round trip) which will cost way more than £21 at standard 45p per mile expenses rates if driving. Taking the train would save enough for a decent cafe lunch.

doomanic

Not on expenses though

just a “work” meeting.

If it’s for work why can’t you expense it?

burko73

Marlborough is nice, plenty of pubs, cafes etc or perhaps the NT place at Lacock village just south of the M4 at Chippenham. Used by our family for meet ups.

molgrips
    Free Member

If it’s for work why can’t you expense it?

Long story.

I didn’t think of NT places. I’m even a member.

Cletus

The Ginger Piggery is a favourite stop on audax rides and would be a nice venue for a meeting. Closer to Southampton than Cardiff though.

https://www.facebook.com/ginnysboyton

curto80
    Free Member

Bradford upon Avon. Great little place

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.