Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Where to buy moody (fake!) oakleys?
  • Saccades
    Free Member

iolo – Member
    thisisnotaspoon,
    I’m sure you’re a lovely guy and possibly you’re having a bad today but you are making yourself look like a fool.
    If you’re happy buying fakes good luck to you as you can justify it to yourself.
    It’s just you’re not justifying it to anyone else.
    I for one and many others will just but what’s legit and if we need it cheaper we buy it in a sale.

Keep taking the medication…

iolo
    Free Member

I am. Diazepam and many mood stabilisers.
    It’s just when someone doesn’t admit something and accpt it you have to tell them.
    That is all.

MrPottatoHead

Do the fakes take legit lenses? A very big part of the expense of Oakleys is the frame. A good compromise would be cheap frames and proper lenses which would save a lot and still give all the impact protection.

greeble
    Free Member

yes they do direct fit

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Thisisnotaspoon,

I don’t keep up to date with the prices of bikes that I don’t want, but I’m assuming that a bantam isn’t a tenth of the price of a 5. And that’s not twisting my example either, because a bantam is a Santa Cruz, made/designed/researched etc by the company Santa Cruz, not someone else slapping a santa cruz sticker on it, regardless of the country it is made in.

Yes oakley is not owned by a little old woman somewhere who needs the money to buy her fish fingers, so that’s not the argument I’m making, but I really don’t understand why someone would want ‘fake oakleys’ rather than ‘cheap sungasses’. Oakleys are brilliant, but not because they say oakley on them, there are plenty more excellent and less expensive sets of eyewear out there without having to resort to fakes.

discoduck
    Free Member

There you go then !

Everyone’s happy, half of us can still have shit copied frames and proper lenses and the other half can have both the shit lenses and shit frames,

julianwilson
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

Try here – http://www.counterfeitshit.com

I own a pair of real oakleys and no fakelys BTW.

But the fakelys everyone bought from that oft-used purveyor of ‘bastid lights’ are probably not crap enough to make your site flashy: The quality of the fake splitty-openy ones (and indeed the hard case they come in) is quite extraordinary. And fwiw someone pointed out on the last thread about this that it is harder and more expensive to make plastic or polycarbonate lenses that don’t filter UV.

It makes one wonder whether the fakelys were another example of the factory employees subcontracted to produce real ones continuing work after hours using some of the same moulds/tooling etc… (this happens for all sorts of other brand-name/high-end stuff, even lego!) And it makes you wonder how much the middlemen, shop fronts and warranty is really worth on a pair of genuine oakleys.

I own a pair of real oakleys and no fakelys BTW.

unovolo
    Free Member

Had a look at several different pairs of Oakleys in the duty free at the airport recently Frogskins and allsorts and to say I was completely underwhelmed is a understatement.

Ok there maybe is some tech going on in the lenses but the frames just looked like some bog standard plastic certainly no better than some Cebe glasses I got from TK max for £14.99.

I appreciate the aesthetic but if other companies can knockout a pair of glasses with proven impact protection and UV resistance for less than a tenner than I will spend my money there ,
    The specs I’m talking about are Bolle’s safety specs which adhere to the above statement and what I currently use,great visibilty,comfy ,light as a feather and cheap enough to be disposable.
    The UV definetly works as a recent trip to france for the tour left me with nice panda eyes where the lenses stopped my face tanning whilst out riding.

I’m using the Contour ESP but may get some Grooves or Hustler as well.
    http://www.bolle-safety.com/safety-spectacles/contour-contesp

iolo
    Free Member

Unovolo
    I’ve used those for riding too.
    They’re perfect

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Ye the frogskins and similar are admittedly basic, but they’re based in a design a few decades old. As touched upon above there is an awful lot to be said for the Oakley warranty, I was sold a new pair of glasses for £25 after I snapped my 9 year old, second hand with no receipt m-frames. That’s got to be worth something hasn’t it?

zilog6128

But the difference is the fake oakleys are functionaly the same as the originals.

Yeah? Try this whilst wearing your Fakelys. 😆

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDtazhqy0xs[/video]

Houns

My current (well almost, had 4 more pairs since this photo) collection

Would I buy fake? No chance

Do I think the “brand” and quality has suffered since Luxottica took over? Yes, yes I do

Lux are just rinsing the hell out of the brand now, constant limited editions, loads of new models that look the same, boring colours etc etc

They’ve shut down the xmetal plant (allegedly xmetals will come back but made in china)

Sometime ago they started making some glasses in china, I wasn’t fussed about this (Flag waving American collectors were) as China can produce good quality kit. However I’ve recently bought a pair of two faces, which are made in china, and I have to say I am less than impressed with the quality, one of the lenses have recently loosened in the frame.

I don’t think I’ll purchase another Chinese made “lifestyle” pair. Are these fakelys coming from the same Chinese factory? Don’t know, I would need to see a pair of fakelys up close but they could be rejects?

Lux did introduce an Elite range which almost was like the Oakley of old, however they priced the range stupidly high. They have now stopped this range (obviously wasn’t making lux much money)

The founder of Oakley, Jim Jannard held a collectors event at his Red studios in Hollywood last month (was going to go but couldn’t get time off work or really justify the expense) he still has a hand in Oakley and hinted that there will be a new model soon (ish) that will be like the Oakley of old. Sadly I feel this will be priced stupidly high by lux

For me the worst thing about lux taking over is that all their other brands can now use Oakley tech.

Will I still collect? Yeah the odd pair of new Radars and still want some of the older Mumbos but that’s about it.

julianwilson
    Free Member

I don’t think I’ll purchase another Chinese made “lifestyle” pair. Are these fakelys coming from the same Chinese factory? Don’t know, I would need to see a pair of fakelys up close but they could be rejects?

Houns, I lurk on a lego forum, and since lego stated getting some parts and especially minifigures and hats/hair pieces (for the little lego men, not full size people!) made in china, the volume and indeed the quality of counterfeit lego has increased considerably.

However I’ve recently bought a pair of two faces, which are made in china, and I have to say I am less than impressed with the quality, one of the lenses have recently loosened in the frame.

For some unfathomable reason (I am sure not ecological!) China also has limitatons on the types, blends and grades of plastics that can be imported as raw material for use in their factories: the ABS used in Chinese-made legit lego is inferior to that used by lego everywhere else (denmark, hungary, mexico etc); I wonder if there is a similar issue with Chinese-made legit oakleys?

I was getting disillusioned by all the limited editions of oakley stuff too until I found an advert for the “Radar Path France” in Rouleur today. 😀

Houns

Aside from the bag you can make them up yourself, probably for less too!

Interesting point about the plastics, I didn’t mention in my post that its the acetate frames being made out there (however I do feel that the other frames are being made out there too)

Houns

Ah here we go, my TdF Radar Locks “assembled in US” = Made in China

sweepy
    Free Member

I got a set of the fakes and theyre fine. I thought i’d discovered the weak point when I stood on them and they fell into half a dozen pieces- but they just popped back together. I just bought them as cheap glasses, Ive got real oakleys but i’m not a fan to be honest, certainly wouldn’t have paid for them.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Where to buy moody (fake!) oakleys?’ is closed to new replies.