• This topic has 17 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Where to buy a refurb iPhone 7 (256GB)
  • SamB
    Free Member

I know it’s not the right time of year to go shopping for iPhones with the new one due in a month or so, but I’m getting very grumpy about constantly running out of storage space on my 128GB handset.

Where’s the best place to pick up a used 256GB iPhone 7? I don’t need the extra speed/features of the 8 or X, and quite happy to go used or refurb. Amazon look like a safer option (£415) than ebay (£375), although note that ebay price is from a trader rather than private seller.

While this isn’t a stealth ad, if anyone does happen to have a 256GB iPhone 7 that they want rid of, let me know 😉

cokie

Out of curisuty, do you also use iCloud?

Jakester
    Free Member

CEX worth a look – they offer a pretty good warranty IIRC.

Drac

eBay look for a refurbished one they come with a 12 month warranty. I’ve just ordered one yesterday as some lovely individual stole my daughter’s. The police tried the address I tracked it too but they couldn’t locate it.

Cougar

constantly running out of storage space on my 128GB handset.

WTF are you storing on there?

Drac

Actually that’s a good question. You do have iCloud storage set up don’t you?

rossburton
    Free Member

Argos have a refurb store on eBay, we’ve got a few things from there.  Most of the time it’s unopened returns, so that’s been a great money saver.

tdog
    Free Member

Sold mine a few months ago on here with a tech21 proper case for £375 which considering it’s £800 tag and fact it was only a few months old was rediculously cheap.

The guy got an incredible bargain and claimed it off his business allowances iirc.

Great phone but not needing anywhere near 128GB even with all my music meant sacrifices were made not to have a bling phone handset. Having the stereo speakers were real pleasure over the iphones before it. Connect it up to a Bose and it is cranking the dbs up! 😂

I recently purchased a 64GB SE from musicmagpie for £128 with 12month warranty but no charging plug.

avoid paying extra for their v good and pristine condition marked handsets as my good one was effectively just the same as a usual 2nd hand refurbed handset.

i.e. Vv happy albeit some slight scuffing marks to top and bottom of casing. Now it’s in a cover I don’t notice it and tbh wouldn’t care.

I however always look after my mobiles v much so.

SamB
    Free Member

Lots of good things to think about here – thanks for the replies!

I am not currently using iCloud – I backup regularly to my desktop so thought I didn’t need it. I didn’t realise the cleverness about minimising photo storage space though, that’s quite useful and may alleviate my issues until September…

In terms of “what have I got on there” – 70-80GB of music, 20GB of photos, plus a pile of apps. I’m going through the backlog of photos and sorting / deleting the crap ones (how many gig photos turn out to be decent vs crap!?) but that’s still a work in progress…

zippykona

the cleverness about minimising photo storage space

Tell me more.

SamB
    Free Member

Tell me more.

OK! iCloud will duplicate your photos to your iCloud account (only over Wifi unless you explicitly tell it to use cellular data). Those photos are then automatically available on any other device signed into your iCloud account. Not very useful for me, but I can see how it might be handy.

The clever thing is that if your photo library on your phone gets too big, iCloud can be set to manage your photos to reduce their size. What this means is that only lower-res versions are stored on your phone. The full versions are available on iCloud and your other devices, so you still have the large versions available for printing / emaiing, but your phone doesn’t really need the big versions given it has such a small screen. Quite clever and very handy if you have enough iCloud storage space!

Drac

It’s costs about £1.49 a month for 200gb storage.

zippykona

I just begrudge giving apple a penny.

chrismac

OK! iCloud will duplicate your photos to your iCloud account (only over Wifi unless you explicitly tell it to use cellular data). Those photos are then automatically available on any other device signed into your iCloud account. Not very useful for me, but I can see how it might be handy.

So the same as google photo only the android version is free

Drac

I just begrudge giving apple a penny.

Did you get sorted with your new iPad?

So the same as google photo only the android version is free

Yeah exactly the same it’s free unless you want more storage.

LittleNose
    Free Member

Yeah exactly the same it’s free unless you want more storage.

only 5 gig is free if I remember right.. after that it’s £1.49 per month as mentioned earlier.

Drac

Yes that’s why I mentioned it but you can have 50gb for 79p

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Where to buy a refurb iPhone 7 (256GB)’ is closed to new replies.