Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Where is the best place to buy individual MP3 files?
  • keppoch

I’m need to buy some music for a party (streaming services not an option). Where is the best place to buy single MP3 files of music? Amazon? It is going to be a mix of different artists but nothing too obscure. I’m not into torrents or other complicated methods just looking for an easy and reasonably priced way to buy about 80 songs.

Suggestions welcome. Thanks.

DezB
    Free Member

Amazon’s ok, or Itunes.
    Yeah, thinking about it, if I was going to buy all in one place I think Amazon would be the best bet.
    7digital.com or emusic.com would be worth checking too.

tjagain

spotify premium allows you to download songs for offline play

deadkenny
    Free Member

Same question, but Flac format. Which is why I’m uncool and still buy CDs and rip them. Sure a decent MP3 encoding can be good, but it’s still a lossy format. I just feel like downloads are a downgrade, and even then CDs are a downgrade from good vinyl as it is. Shame HD audio formats haven’t taken off and too many kids like listening to music on their phones with shit earphones or just through the speaker!

nicko74

To the OP, Amazon. Do check around the site though – depending which album/ compilation you’re buying a track from, it could be 49p, 99p etc. It adds up if you’re buying enough of them!

Which is why I’m uncool and still buy CDs and rip them.

Well yeah, same here. It’s the ultimate backup, and if you ever get really bored, you can rerip it all to something different/ better quality

northernsoul

Same question, but Flac format

For flac, in addition to 7digital:

Juno Download

Bleep

Boomkat

Qobuz

HDtracks

djshop

Traxsource

I use mostly Juno and Qobuz for general listening and Bleep (owned by Warp) and Boomkat for electronic music.

johnners
    Free Member

I’m uncool and still buy CDs and rip them

On Amazon the CD is quite often cheaper than the digital download. Which is peculiar because if you buy it from Amazon you can then download the .mp3 anyway so you can have a digital copy before the postie turns up with your CD.

DezB
    Free Member

On Amazon the CD is quite often cheaper than the digital download
    For individual tracks? 😉

deadkenny
    Free Member

For individual tracks?

Yeah, but I’m also uncool or an old fart in that I listen to whole albums. I struggle to just listen to random tracks on a random play. There has to be some order to it and not just top hits. I know that’s not what people do these days though.

I’ll even do albums by an artist in order too. Which gets annoying on streaming services as they often don’t put the dates on them so I have to try to remember or work out what came when.

One of my OCDs 😀

DezB
    Free Member

I know that’s not what people do these days though

Not just that, it’s not what was being asked! 😆

twonks

I use Melodishop and only tend to buy and use credit when they have a super deal, whuch normally co-incide with a bank holiday or special occasion. As an example I paid 100USD, got 500 free and buy when most albums are 60 to 70% off their already low prices, so about 2 usd for an album tops.

Did a fair bit of research before I sent any funds as it seems too good to be true at times but, so far so good.

I mainly use it for full albums in FLAC and then convert to Apple Lossless but MP3 is more popular.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Not just that, it’s not what was being asked!

Compilation CD then, get everything you need for a party in one hit for couple of quid 😛

Like we used to do. Though CDs we’re more expensive back then.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Where is the best place to buy individual MP3 files?’ is closed to new replies.