Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)
  • Where is Mark Francois
  • frankconway

Could be that the Field Marshall is no longer on manoeuvres and ready to lead from the front again…

jam-bo

Dads army is going to need all the help it can get..

jamj1974

Maybe he’s gone back to his old job advising Danger Mouse?

Just seen this. I would have spat tea on my keyboard – if in fact I drank tea and using a keyboard. Despite the delay and other factors – it is still brilliant! 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

ElShalimo

There’s an interesting description of Francois in this article:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/dec/08/codpieces-zeppelins-best-brexit

Caher

Fell out with Dangermouse.

dannyh
    Free Member

Despite the delay and other factors – it is still brilliant! 

It’s nice to be appreciated, but to be fair I post so much twaddle I think is funny, it probably only represents a 1:100 hit rate. But thanks all the same.

It refers back to my default nickname for short, chubby, angry men – i.e ‘Poison Penfold’, which harks back to a journo years ago dubbing Jean Marie Le Pen as ‘Poison Le Pen’.

ElShalimo

dannyh
    Free Member

^^^

I’ve totally saved that photo.

That is getting used again.

CountZero

Shows how much attention I pay to British political shenanigans these days when I don’t know who the **** Mark Francois is!

theotherjonv

don’t know who the **** Mark Francois is!

He’s a tory MP who had a very visible role as a prominent brexiteer in the ERG, but then inexplicably disappeared from public view around the middle of the year. No-one seems to know why.

If you’ve missed knowing who he is then it’s entirely possible you’ve missed some other key stories from this year. I’d dig some out and link them, but don’t really have time, but someone else might in a post later on.

lamp
    Free Member

I saw him at the local pool and he was swimming widths.

fingerbang
    Free Member

Shows how much attention I pay to British political shenanigans these days when I don’t know who the **** Mark Francois is

If you want a crash course in Frank Mancois then you’ll be able to find his Mexican standoff with Will Self easily enough

Francois orders Self to apologise to 17.4m Leave voters for saying that ‘not every leave voter is racist but every racist probably voted leave’

Shit 4 brains missing the point

frankconway

His disappearance from public view co-incided with a police investigation into allegations of rape and sexual misconduct against an un-named MP in his 50’s who is a former minister; he is in his 50’s and a former (very junior) minister.
    Prior to his disappearance from public view françois was a regularly interviewed in the media about brexit; given his background, 6 months of silence on his favourite subject – well, it could be for any number of reasons.
    Anyway, here’s Guardian article.
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/dec/13/police-drop-investigation-conservative-mp-accused-rape

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Shows how much attention I pay to British political shenanigans these days when I don’t know who the **** Mark Francois is!

Coming from you, that’s no great surprise.

dannyh
    Free Member

To summarise, he is a pumped up, swaggering, short, fat, ranty, Brexity, pompous shit of the highest order.

He’s now fapping himself raw at the chance to show all the people who used to take the piss out of him just what a prick he can be.

That just about covers it, I think.

dannyh
    Free Member

Coming from you, that’s no great surprise.

Previous?

Do you need me to get you a room?

frankconway

dannyh – that seems like you offering match-making services…

dannyh
    Free Member

dannyh – that seems like you offering match-making services…

The existing grudge/needle thing always intrigues me.

Tis all.

chakaping
    Free Member

Disappointed that he’s not in the situation he might have been right now.

🙁

safi

In the jail?

frankconway

Whether or not it was françois, the complainant isn’t letting go…

The alleged victim told the Sunday Times she intended to appeal against the decision under the victims’ right to review scheme.

Edukator
    Free Member

Bump

Murray

He’s been on a secret mission to the Outer Hebrides but bad weather / missed ferry / no trains / no planes / no automobiles means he may be a tad late tomorrow

AD

Nah – I reckon he’ll be fighting in a Ukranian steelworks ‘cos he’s nails hard.

Or maybe there is a more plausible reason for his current whereabouts. I’m sure he’ll probably be in the HoC tomorrow though…

grahamt1980

Check his wrists for cuff marks

smogmonster

Its not Mark Francois, which might surprise some on here…

ElShalimo

He’s Putin’s last remaining General in Ukraine

matt_outandabout

Please let it be der Peffel, please.

oldnpastit

Romford MP.

grahamt1980

I’m back hoping that it is either chope, drax, fabricant and will add gove to that.

Edit – despite the comment above in still hoping

Edukator
    Free Member

I was disappointed for for the time it took wiki to remind me who Rosindell is.

Drac

To be fair he didn’t know it was illegal st the time.

matt_outandabout

To be fair he didn’t know it was illegal st the time.

And it was in the course of a day’s work.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Although I’ve a very deep loathing for any blue-rosette wearing MP, I must confess that I’m not one for trial by social media or an outpouring of schadenfreude if one of the particularly obnoxious bastards mouthpieces are up in front of a court on charges of historic sex offences.

That’ll be someone’s sibling/child/loved one who’ll have been on the receiving end of a particularly nasty assault, it’s not for the likes of me to gloat. I do hope that whoever it was is subject to a fair trial and if found guilty that they’ll spend the entirety of their sentence in a state of abject fear.

MoreCashThanDash

Although I’ve a very deep loathing for any blue-rosette wearing MP, I must confess that I’m not one for trial by social media or an outpouring of schadenfreude if one of the particularly obnoxious bastards

That’ll be someone’s sibling/child/loved one who’ll have been on the receiving end of a particularly nasty assault, it’s not for the likes of me to gloat. I do hope that whoever it was is subject to a fair trial and if found guilty that they’ll spend the entirety of their sentence in a state of abject fear.

Nicely put.

batfink
    Free Member

I’d certainly agree with that – all I feel is despair.

I’m not sure how we are supposed to reconcile that we have ended up in a situation where a group of people who are supposed to act with honesty and integrity, seem to personify the opposite of that.

I’d like to see some analysis of where the current crop of MPs (by party) sit vs the national average in relation things like this: accusations/cases of misconduct, conflicts of interested, fiddling their expenses, inappropriate workplace behavior, etc etc

Seems to me like we have institutional shit **** ery, and wide ranging reforms are needed to ensure that people like this don’t get anywhere near politics, let alone be an MP in the UKs governing party.

maccruiskeen

I’d like to see some analysis of where the current crop of MPs (by party) sit vs the national average in relation things like this: accusations/cases of misconduct, conflicts of interested, fiddling their expenses, inappropriate workplace behavior, etc etc

I think in the aftermath of ‘The Expenses Scandal’ – if you compared the House of Commons against the wider population’s behaviour in their workplace in relation to anything from expenses to nicking toilet rolls  MPs came out as a fair bit more honest than the rest of us. A lot of what we think we remember about that event – the Duck Houses, the Moats –  wasn’t what it seemed to be. Llargely because of the way the Telegraph reported it.

Edukator
    Free Member

MPs came out as a fair bit more honest than the rest of us

Don’t include me in that. I’ve honestly declared where junior’s address is even when I could have saved tax. I was the one who contacted the tax authorities to rectify. He’s never claimed to live with his mother when living elsewhere to claim expenses and avoid tax.

kerley
    Free Member

I’m not sure how we are supposed to reconcile that we have ended up in a situation where a group of people who are supposed to act with honesty and integrity, seem to personify the opposite of that.

“We” chose them. Or more likely “we” chose them for the party they are representing which is the whole problem with current system but for another thread.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.