• This topic has 20 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by tomfun.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Where is good to eat Betwys y Coed?
  • burko73

Recommendations anyone? Not pizza, had enough of that lately!

Olif is nice. The Stables does good food too.

burko73

Olif?

alanl
    Free Member

Book in advance.
    We stopped there on a Saturday evening last July. Nowhere could fit us in. And the town was rammed, around 8pm.
    We ended up back in Llangollen chippy.

grahamt1980

As above stables is good, and the restaurant next door does a good burger

burko73

I’m booked in the restaurant next door to stables and like the look of the burger!

Agree with @alani, gets silly busy.

burko73

Yep I saw olif. Looks nice but I always think tapas for one is a waste or expensive!

Pizza place looks nice but I’m pizza’d out and after saunteringbup the street the stables place next to the Royal Oak has a huge queue!

I made a reserve booking in the restaurant at the royal oak as the burger sounded perfect! Good to get a recommendation on here! 👍

mtbfix

The Gatehouse Steakhouse on the way into Dolgellau. They were only taking cash when we were there last summer but the food was great and plentiful.

RustySpanner

The curry house is actually pretty good.

rockhopper70

Bookmarked, albeit I think I’d better not dilly dally on this. Taking the lad to watch Hardline and I think we got the last room in the area so will need a restaurant booking for the Saturday night. Tapas is Ok, but I sometimes feel shortchanged and with a bottomless 16yo in tow, it could be pricey!

nwgiles

Hangin pizza is also good

simian
    Free Member

These are all terrible suggestions.

Everyone knows that you buy the overpriced, awful fish and chips and eat them by the river.

generally slow service, soggy chips. Terrible.

We’ll be there tomorrow.

burko73

The burger was average in the hotel restaurant, might be more inclined to try the stables next door next time. If I hadn’t been eating so much pizza at home lately I’d have eaten in the hanging pizza place – it looked the best/ freshest / nicest of the options, apart from the tapas place.

Someone else mentioned that the Indian is really good. I just didn’t fancy a curry and again, Indian food is always better shared for a wider selection of tastes!

Cheers for the suggestions.

olly2097
    Free Member

Ty Gwyn. Just outside the town over the bridge from the shell garage. Does nice food.

nickc

The curry house is actually pretty good.

At something other than curry, maybe.

alexandersmith

Yes, Ty Gwyn Coaching Inn is good as others have mentioned.
    Also, Conwy Falls Cafe (LL24 0PN) is a little further out of town but worth travelling to.

RustySpanner

Just back from a few days at Dolgam (Aaaargh, the midges! 🙃).

Hanging Pizza was excellent, very busy but good service and lovely pizza.

The chippy near the bridge was fine, I’d give it a strong 7 out of 10, fish was top class, chips could have been a touch crisper, but very pleasant overall.

The food at Abbasi, the Indian, was superb.
    Not just by the standards of a one horse dorp tourist trap, but well up to the standards of our local at home, a town with a big Asian population.
    Only issue was that it took a while to arrive, but well worth it.

Only disappointment was the Tyn Y Coed.
    It’s changed hands. No longer do food on a Monday or Tuesday and the menu is very limited.
    Quality was fine, but not a patch on what it used to be.

Hope this helps…….

RustySpanner

Sorry, forgot to mention the Siabod Cafe!

My word….great food, the most cheerful staff and a superb location.
    They looked after us very well indeed, no wonder they win awards.

tomfun

We had a weekend in Bettws Y Coed a couple of weeks ago. Ate at the Stables on the Friday night and it was good as always. Couldn’t get a table on the Saturday night so we ate at the Gwydyr Hotel. Everyone in our group agreed the food was better than the stables.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.