Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Where in Switzerland for MTB?
  • thegeneralist
    Free Member

Sorry, I appreciate that this will have been done before, and I will do a search, but we’re nearing Dover and she’s just decided that she doesn’t necessarily need Verbier, just somewhere in Switzerland.

Looking for good lift assist MTB, not full-on plummet, but good variety. More Tignes than Saalbach if you see what I mean.

Also, not having to cough close to ahundred quid a day for lift passes (2+ 2 kids) would also be a bonus.

Westish switz preferred as we’re off to Tignes afterwards.

Pretty please.

rickmeister

Check out Herbert Bike in St Moritz and Davos. They are great lift assist all in with Bike Hotels at very good rates for the weekend. Out of teh two, we preferred St Morits. I think Lenzerheide is also on the same website too.

If you stay in St Moritz, with teh bike Hotel in Celerina there is a small BBQ place with firewood supplied by a lake close to the hotel. Supermarket food on teh grill avoids teh £30 pizza in a restaurant madness

https://www.herbert.bike/de/angebote/bahnentour-engadin-st-moritz

mrmoofo

Interlaken/grindlewald.

The Jura

NZCol

In Grindelwald now, lift to first lets bikes in any time. KS only after 3:39pm and tickets are ££ although that applies to Switzerland full stop.

mrmoofo

CH is not place for “cheap” …

thegeneralist
    Free Member

CH is not place for “cheap” …

Yes indeed. I think any options you people come up with will probably be discounted on cost grounds. Dreaming of the days of 2,75 chuffs to the pound.

Ho him. Tignes it is.

Andy_B

I didn’t check but I believe the lifts are free in Courchevel this summer. Yes, I know it’s not Switzerland but still, free lifts.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Where in Switzerland for MTB?’ is closed to new replies.