Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Where can I stop off for a ride between Nottingham and Kielder?
  • MadPierre

We’re heading up to do the Avalanche Enduro but I’ve got Friday off. So I was looking for somewhere on the way to pull in a quick lap. Nothing too long (gotta save myslef for the race!!) and preferably nice ‘n’ simple follow the arrows navigation.

Hamsterley is the obvious choice (not been there) but reading another thread here apparently it’s a bag of sh*te? So if Hamsterley is so crap… where is best for a quick lap on my way up to Kielder on Friday?

toons
    Free Member

Stainburn is on the way’ish. 40-50mins from the A1?

Have you been to Newcastleton?

Hamsterley black and skills loop would be my choice. The black isn’t that bad.

davey_clayton
    Free Member

For a mini trail centre experience you could try Stainburn, near Harrogate, or nip into Swaledale and do a bit round Reeth/Grinton area. Or just the other side of Kielder is Newcastleton, one of the 7 Stanes. I haven’t been but from what I’ve heard it’s not very gnar.

davey_clayton
    Free Member

Bah, beaten to the punch. Stainburn is only 20mins from the A1 though.

dr_death
    Free Member

Dalby??? slightly out of the way but pretty much ‘follow the arrows’ kinda stuff.

james
    Free Member

Hamsterley black just doesn’t have any ‘flow’ thats all (maybe a bit near the end and the skills loop(worth doing))
    Theres a fair few roots though:

Pook

the peak district surely?

StuF

sherwood pines if you only want a blast (woody singletrack) and nothing to taxing?

MadPierre

We ride Sherwood and the Peak week in week out so was looking for something new and a bit further up the journey……

Done Newcastleton before (and it’s kinda past Kielder). How much riding is there at Stainburn?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Where can I stop off for a ride between Nottingham and Kielder?’ is closed to new replies.