• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by rs.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Where can I get disc tabs added onto my On-one frame?
  • MountainMonkey
    Free Member

I’ve got an old inbred ss, but would like to be able to put a disc on the back as well as the front. I know I could get another frame with tabs relatively cheaply, but I like mine! I’m aware getting disc tabs added isn’t cheap but I’m not sure exactly how much we’re talking. I also don’t know anywhere I can get it done…

I’m based in Bristol (and work in Cheltenham) does anyone know anywhere local to me, that’ll do it and how much they’ll charge?

Thanks!

markenduro
    Free Member

Argos are in Bristol

clunker

Ditto on Argos, will do a superb job but not cheaply.

Clink

http://www.argoscycles.com/renovation-pricelist.htm
    think somewhere on above page, but could be wrong!
    Argos are not always that cheap btw

downshep

Vernon Barker did my Airborne for £80. Alignment was perfect. Modding a steel frame may be a bit cheaper than ti too.

wwaswas

A2Z used to do a disk conversion bolt on thingy that may do the job if aesthetics aren’t too much of an issue.

nickc

Robin Mather did mine for about £80 IIRC which included removing the vee tabs, and a brace (neither of us thought it strictly necessary but belts/braces etc), he’s based near Bath I think.

Clink

Don’t think RM is taking on any new work at the moment?

nickc

Still? Blimey. Might still be worth an email though.

clubber
    Free Member

How’s that front wheel going?

Anyway, as above, Argos will do the disc mount (you may well want a slotted one though if it’s for a SS with a horizontal dropout) and then get it painted at ABC in Nailsea (5 miles from Bristol) who are cheaper than Argos and actually have a tougher finish (assuming you don’t want a complex colour scheme). Drop me an email if you want their details.

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Thanks guys – really helpful stuff! I didn’t realise it was as much as £80 (thought it would be more like £50) so will have to mull it over… I would just get a new one but the old white is so much nicer than that red!

I would be after a slotted tab, so will drop you an email Clubber (the wheel hasn’t been great actually, but I’ll let you know via email!)

Thanks again!

mrfrosty
    Free Member

Think argos used to charge £100 for stainless steel ones+ paint

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Wow! That’s loads! Man, I wish On-one still made the pretty white ones! Anyone, got a spare 14″ one for sale?!

rs
    Free Member

maybe, if you ask nicely brant can pinch one on his way out the door.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Where can I get disc tabs added onto my On-one frame?’ is closed to new replies.