Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Where are all the V2 Scandal 29ers?
  • mrjmt
    Free Member

I’ve been looking for a 19.5″ V2 Scandal 2er for a long time now. They just don’t seem to come up for sale anymore.
    The only one I’ve found is in Oxford and I’m up in York and typically the seller won’t post it!

So, yes this is partly a thinly veiled wanted ad, but also, where have they all gone? surely they’ve not exploded? they are great frames so I assume that people who have them don’t want to sell them but they also strike me as the kind of frame that people will hang up in the garage with the intention of building up but never getting round to it…

dlr

Mine went to the local tip a few years back in 2 pieces, probably buried by now

mrjmt
    Free Member

huh. I didn’t think that they tended to snap?

sandwicheater

I’ve seen at least two pop up here over the last few months.

Both times I didn’t have any cash/spare parts to build one up.

One of the few frames I wish I didn’t get rid of.

dlr

Rode into a tree stump at 10mph, top and down tube clean in two… was a nice bike though

Stupid.is
    Free Member

There is a 21″ one in my shed and no you can’t have it! 😈

faustus

Mine’s here. But it’s an 18 inch (a bit small for me). I do love the ride, but it will probably be sold soon. Probably…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/R3g5Ss]Black mountains riding[/url] by Matthew Walker, on Flickr

mrjmt
    Free Member

Maybe I need to find a friendly STWer in Oxford who will go pick up the one I’ve found and post it to me…. 😉

mrjmt
    Free Member

YGM big_n_daft 🙂

Although I just noticed, is it an L or XL?

the00
    Free Member

I wonder if the the Scandal was ahead of the curve a little bit. It was well reviewed at the time, but perhaps there weren’t as many sold as you’d hope. When did they go off sale? 4yrs ago? It was a 29er hardtail from a time before 27.5 had taken off, so people were still stuck in the 26″ ‘rut’.

I think they became more popular once they were off sale, so there was a flurry of people snapping up other people’s 2yr old cast offs.

They were always pretty inexpensive, so to most people there won’t be much to gain from selling.

thomthumb
    Free Member

I’ve still got a mark 1. A few friends had them ~8 years ago. not sure who still has them tbh.

Stiull love miine. Looking forward to giving it a bit of a spruce up come spring…

mickeyb0305
    Free Member

I have a hardly used 18″ raw scandal v2 that will sell.

Mike

splashgordon
    Free Member

I think I’ve a V2 in a north east garage in around that size.

snownrock

Mines in the garage in winter ss mode, lovely

epicyclo

thomthumb – Member
    I’ve still got a mark 1…

Stiull love miine. Looking forward to giving it a bit of a spruce up come spring…
    Me too. Still the lightest metal frame I’ve weighed.

Never understood why they weren’t more popular. A classic.

vdubber67
    Free Member

Struggled to get much for the one I sold a while back. Think it was an XL. Can’t have got more than £60 for it.

Still got my Mk1 – love that bike!

mrjmt
    Free Member

Too small for me, but others may be interested.

There’s no email in your profile, can you drop me a line on the one in mine?

whatgoesup

I’ve got two – a V1 built up into my bike (not for sale) and a V2 which IS for sale.

The V1 is the model with rack mounts which is the main reason why that’s the one I’m keeping that one.

So – if you’re still interested in the V2 drop me a line.

the00
    Free Member

My V2 has rack mounts too.

damascus
    Free Member

It’s the only bike I regret selling.

It was in racing British green. If it had been a raw finish I’d probably have kept it.

I’ve often wondered why oo/px doesn’t Re launch it with updated features. I know they do the parkwood but it’s not the same.

If anyone has an xl for sale, please let me know. Especially if it’s I’m raw and has lugs for a pannier rack

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Raw,xl,no pannier lugs, for sale

fatmax

Big n Daft – full bike or f&f. I could be tempted as had my XL nicked 🙁

emac65
    Free Member

Still got mine, admittedly it’s not been used much this year since I got a fatty, but it’s still the nicest h/tail I’ve ridden…

ampthill

Mine went to the local tip a few years back in 2 pieces, probably buried by now

Surely if anything is worth recycling it’s an AL bike frame

whatgoesup

Really must re-adverstise mine (19.5″ – lazy link to the classifieds ad here )
    Several people have been interested, but for postage rather than pick-up which I’d prefer.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/db8pw9]photo(2)[/url] by markwsf, on Flickr

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Big n Daft – full bike or f&f. I could be tempted as had my XL nicked

Frame and forks, headset, seat clamp, geared and SS dropouts

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Without wanting to start another thread I have decided to retire my MK1 as I just don’t use it & would like to know if it’s worth selling/what to ask for it?
    Its the original scandium version in bloody good condition with only minor cable rub & would come with a silver King headset/Thomson clamp & X-fusion slide forks (that have a lower axle to crown height so they work with the frame so set at 80mm) also in excellent condition as I many used the bike rigid.

Any thoughts?
    Cheers.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Mine is here 🙂

Though is an 18 I think. Doesn’t get used much but enjoy taking it out when it does.

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

Can any V2 owners confirm seatpost size, think it’s 31.6?

core

Yup, definitely.

mrblobby
    Free Member

31.6 confirmed.

core

On One are missing a trick, if they could knock out a new Scandal now, similar weight, few degrees slacker, up to 120mm fork, 142/148 back end, B+ compatible, they’d sell shed loads if they were reasonably priced.

downhillfast
    Free Member

They are out there. I bought a v2 from here last year, and in the next couple if months another 2 or 3 popped up for sale.
    Maybe early next year a few will appear as folk get new bikes for Xmas and put the old bike up for sale.

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

Cheers all for the seatpost confirmation.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

core – Member

On One are missing a trick, if they could knock out a new Scandal now, similar weight, few degrees slacker, up to 120mm fork, 142/148 back end, B+ compatible, they’d sell shed loads if they were reasonably priced.

I think I would risk an OneOne purchase if they released these again. Offspring has one in small and is getting towards needing a medium. He loves it and it builds into a nice riding bike.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Where are all the V2 Scandal 29ers?’ is closed to new replies.