Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Where are all the chocolate coins?
  • Jakester
    Free Member

Getting jr’s stocking fillers ready over the last month or so, but it’s missing that festive staple, chocolate coins. Ever since 1st week of Dec there’s been nary a choco coin to be had. I’ve tried Sainos, Tesco, Waitrose, M&S, Boots, Co-op, WH Smith, Poundland, Iceland, sweet shops and newsagents.

Nada. Has the Brexit-related currency fluctuations meant that the Sterling/chocolate coin exchange rate has tipped too far, slowing the liquidity of the seasonal treat?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Probably in my wife’s wardrobe if the last 15 years are anything to go by. Sorry.

Jakester
    Free Member

“Sorry, we have not been able to find what you are looking for”.

Exactly!

allanoleary
    Free Member

I settled for chocolate sprouts from card factory. Couldn’t be arsed searching when it would mean spending more time among the masses

eddiebaby
    Free Member
    Spud

Calais?

slowol

Aldi had plenty the other week, chocolate sprouts too, or so Father Christmas informed me as it’s him that needs them 😉

funkmasterp

Simply melt chocolate on to actual coins. What could go wrong?

Drac

Co-op has/had them but it’s a few days before Christmas so probably sold out.

wooobob

We got ours from Aldi too, although it was weeks ago now.

anagallis_arvensis

I got some in tesco tye other week its my favourite chocolate….go to have something when everyone keeps trying to give me that green and blacks muck

doomanic

Can you get any of these that are made of actual chocolate, rather than that brown muck all the ones I’ve ever had have been made of?

slowoldman

I think it’s all bitcoin now.

slowol

Can you get any of these that are made of actual chocolate, rather than that brown muck all the ones I’ve ever had have been made of?

Apparently you can, at least you can pay a price at which the chocolate better be decent
    https://www.selfridges.com/GB/en/cat/selfridges-selection-milk-chocolate-coins-109g_409-1000123-COINS190G/

joshvegas
    Free Member

You know i was thinking the other day… “I remember when cheap chocolate coins and footballs etc were **** horrible like even as an ignorant wee sweetie muncher i questioned why was eating the horrible things. I wonder what happened because nothing is that bad anymore”

Then my other half brought back a box of heros. **** me what happened to them?! Never as good as celebrations* but jesus theyre bad*

*Fudge the obvious exception.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Where are all the chocolate coins?’ is closed to new replies.