Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • When's a good time to finish an ebay auction?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Any suggestions ❓

petrieboy

Depends what you are selling but mid week, after kids bedtime but before 10 works for me.

camo16
    Free Member

7pm to 9pm seems to be most successful. Not sure the day matters.

Garry_Lager

Usually do Sun evening.

Seems to make sense, but given the pittance my last auctions have gone for might need to rethink.

Muke
    Free Member

Sunday 8pm according to the Gadget show.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I default to between 8pm and 10pm on a Sat or Sun night

chambord
    Free Member

I normally list for 10 days on a Thursday so it finishes on a Sunday at Antiques Roadshow time.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

wine o’clock.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Seems to make sense, but given the pittance my last auctions have gone for might need to rethink.

😀

You and me both, hence the question.

Duane…
    Free Member

As above, Sunday evening, ideally just after pay day.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I wonder if too many auctions are finishing on Sunday evenings then?

camo16
    Free Member

I wonder if too many auctions are finishing on Sunday evenings then?

Maybe – but we’ve just won a solid wood side table thingy (ended 8ish on Tuesday) for £1.24. Jinkies, that was an embarrassing pick-up. 😯

wrightyson
    Free Member

If my purchase history is anything to go by its got to be at 7/ 8pm on a Sunday evening, which also usually coincides with having had a few afternoon beers in the garden, this in turn usually means the wife is easier to persuade….

sunnrider
    Free Member

Sat night after pub closing.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Evening, unless the thing I’m sell might be attractive to traders, in which case week day afternoon, second half of the week.

Monday evening, everyone who’s been outbid over the weekend will have seen it once the frenzy ended, but upped the amount they’re willing to pay as a result of being outbid…

mrmoofo

always sunday

Try for 19.00 – 21.30

Imabigkidnow
    Free Member

Used to work for an internet mail order company – 1500-3000 orders a week.

Busiest time on sales

Sunday evenings 5-10. Just don’t coincide with The Voice/BGT/Rugby/ etc etc live show [EDIT which may account for unexpected pittances: but compare with similar products recently ended]

Thursday lunchtimes 12-3 (though this is less so on ebay as your much less likely to have an auction item delivered in time for the weekend but there’ll still be browsers about doing best price shopping searches)

[2nd EDIT – if you list it Sunday mid evening ish on a 7 dayer.. you’ll pick up that weeks browsers, Thursday lunchtime browsers and then catch some of next Sundays too!]

lasty
    Free Member

Alus end my bike stuff Monday 8-ish ..

Reasoning being, bits get broken at the weekend, to be honest the last thing any one wants to do post ride is source parts, and also riders contemplate how they’ll be better (instead of working) and decide a pair of Hope skewers are just the ticket !!

maccruiskeen

I end on a sunday.. and do a 10 day listing from thursday so theres two weekends-worth of browsers to happen across it

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Depends somewhat on what you’re selling. If it’s a ‘commodity’ item – say an iPhone – where there are identical items ending every day there’s no need to do long auctions and 3 days will get you the same money.

It’s a bit random though – look at sold prices on iPhones and it varies a surprising amount.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah Sunday evening I reckon. Conversely, you can pick up some top bargains by looking for short auctions that finish at say 11am on a weekday.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘When's a good time to finish an ebay auction?’ is closed to new replies.