Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • When was the last time you did a forward roll?
  • teacake
    Free Member

I’ve been getting my kids to do them recently and I even got my dad doing it at the weekend and he’s 67! I think it keeps you young so try one tonight or in the office or on your walk home!

kayak23

I even got my dad doing it at the weekend and he’s 67!

Yeah but most on here aren’t quite so young to be fair…

😉

theotherjonv

Good question – fairly recently as it happens.

Or rather I tried, found my neck and spine don’t flex in the same way any more, so sort of did a headstand and then flopped over onto my back. No rolling to speak of.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Deliberately or an unwelcome gift of inertia and gravity?

Deliberately – August or September  time  – challenged by the kids to do one in the garden, Did one from a standing start and right over onto my feet to the amazement of the assembled sprogs.

Over the right shoulder to the left hip. All that Aikido ukemi practice in my twenties finally had a practical application.

Accidentally – Saturday. Took a tumble at the newly opened pump track whilst showing my nervous nine year old how “safe and fun” it was. Cost me a jacket, most of the skin on my right  elbow and my hip still aches.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Ditto above. Kind of flopped on the ground. See also diving in the pool. Not pretty.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Over the handlebars last summer on an RM250 mx bike – it was ok until the forks decompressed…

sandwicheater

Or rather I tried, found my neck and spine don’t flex in the same way any more, so sort of did a headstand and then flopped over onto my back. No rolling to speak of.

Yep, same here over Christmas. Felt very old.

MrPottatoHead

Last week with my son. It wasn’t graceful at all. In my head it was amazing, but the video replay suggested otherwise.

Then he told me to try a headstand, which was a total failure.

benman
    Free Member

Sunday evening – my two year old son is in the process of learning to do them, so obviously Dad got egged on to demonstrate one…

stevextc
    Free Member

Ha ha… like Percy pretty recently

Sunday before last I  managed a full somersault with assistance from the bike and the fact I was on a 60 degree slope… the bike didn’t …but the bars and saddle straightened out… despite landing on my feet (miraculously) I still did my back a turn.  (Oh to be in my 40’s again)

Then Sunday just gone… having a bad bad still I decided to take it easy and just went to the local woods with Jnr.  (and also have a play on the DJ bike I just rebuilt) Met some nice local kids/youths on a jump and Jnr was having a blast with them and they modded a few drops specially for him and their youngest member so it seemed polite to offer to carry the spade when they offered to show me another area they were building.

Of course spades don’t fit through trees as well as bars … which resulted in another OTB… and forwards roll this time.

This would have probably been fine had I not landed on the spade shaft ….

welshfarmer

Haha, I thought I would have you and got down on the floor to do one….

Not a chance, well not without some serious warming up and stretching first. This 51 year old knows when to stick and when to twist 🙂

ChrisL

Intentionally? Probably in the early or mid 80s, unless they kept making me do them in secondary school too.

johnx2
    Free Member

Weekend before last. Boulby Bank, steep hillock, dive roll x4 sequentially down the hill through old bracken to impress friends’ young lads (obviously it didn’t, just as it never impressed my kids). Best one off the bike was a few years ago, fairly fast down a not that steep slope. Hit a rock and somersaulted off  pivoting off my head to come to rest a little way down the hill flat out on my back. Listening to the clattering sounds of my bike coming down to join me

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

My last one was about 5 years ago, it was the result of a spontaneous frontal arial dismount.

I hurt my neck & am still having trouble with it so you can stick your forward rolls up yer arse.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’ve never successfully achieved a forward roll.

When I was a Cub Scout my progress through the arrow badges was stifled by my inability to do the forward roll in the Bronze arrow. I could already tie the knots in the Gold arrow.

In a stealth move on the evening of the forward roll test, I waited until the examiner was looking the other way and faked the conclusion of the roll without rolling at all.

SaxonRider

You all are talking about somersaults I assume? 😉

In which case, my last one was about 6 years ago, moments before I broke my left clavicle into 3 pieces.

matt_outandabout

Just now, checking I still can. 😎

joshvegas
    Free Member

Recently. Along with round offs, cartwheels, headstands and handstands/walking.

The forward roll was a mistake.

allthegear
    Free Member

Last weekend! Took goddaughter to the trampoline park place and they has a giant airbag you can trampoline onto. Occasionally a somersault when wrong so forward roll was probably best description!

rachel

funkmasterp

Just now after reading this. They’re great fun 😀

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Did one in midair yesterday, over and down a foam ramp 🙂

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘When was the last time you did a forward roll?’ is closed to new replies.