Viewing 18 posts - 241 through 258 (of 258 total)
  • When consensus becomes impossible to ignore?
  • brassneck

“Did you become a premier user because the ads were a pain in the arse and you were happy to pay to get rid of them?”

Nah, I just like getting the magazine and don’t expect people to work for nothing.

I think we should get a hit counter on the home page to go with the avatars and sigs.

“Strong, light, cheap – Pick any two”
    brassneck

bearnecessities

Agreed.

1993 Kona Explosif – Sold
    1996 RC200 – Sold
    2011 Orange Elite – ran off with the milkman.

nemesis
    Free Member

isto – you know **** all about what it was like back in the good ole days. Go and clean my tyres like a good newbie

( 😉 in case it’s necessary)

Drac

Does anyone know who this belongs to?

It was found about 14.30 today.

DrJ

… we need the wood.

Cougar

I also like the fact there is no post count as that often gives people an air of superiority over new users.

You can get a rough idea from clicking on the ‘member’ tag next to a username. Also, we can look it up. It’s a fun game we play sometimes.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/your-forum-contribution-profile

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/how-many-pages-of-forum-activity-do-you-have

But you’re right, we don’t need to give people an air of superiority; mostly they’ve got that quite well covered without our help. (-:

Does anyone know who this belongs to?

Was it on the floor next to your saucer of milk? (-:

atlaz
    Free Member

LFGSS is my default forum. They went through a radical change fairly recently; all members were invited to comment on the process by the fella that runs it. There’s minimal advertising, avatars, PM’s, and all very user friendly. The forum self moderates too, it really is a community.

But also the guys who run it also have a forum platform which they are working on so building a better forum is beneficial to LFGSS and to their day job now called Microcosm

scotroutes

Two pages of sub-forums? 😯

isto
    Free Member

@nemises…yes sir I bow to your singletrackworldliness 😀

————————-
    Santa Cruz Carbon Cruisinator
    AMG BMW 4.0 435bhp Quattronator
    Intel i7 3570k GTX 670 FTW GamingLator

aracer
    Free Member

You seem to have confused me complaining about it being a “benevolent” (sic) dictatorship, with being confused about it being one.

———————————————————————————————————————————————

no gain without pain

Cougar

Maybe we should have a vote?

Oh, wait.

bearnecessities

Whatever.

________________________________________________________________________________

84kg, bench press 1 ton, 2012 UK X-Power Championships Chorley region semi-finalist (over 70 category)

DT78
    Free Member

Did I read on the last page this forum needs 18 people? Or is that the whole mag / website etc… Because if it is just the forum you can outsource it to my company for half the wage bill and I’ll buy myself a Bentley each year with the profit.

Cougar

It is, somewhat obviously I’d have thought, the site and magazine and everything.

Mark

Not just one mag either

Drac

Or one website.

bearnecessities

Or one wheel size.

piemonster

LOL

Viewing 18 posts - 241 through 258 (of 258 total)

The topic ‘When consensus becomes impossible to ignore?’ is closed to new replies.