Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 258 total)
  • When consensus becomes impossible to ignore?
  • patricksingletrack
    Free Member

hammyuk: And this happens when you have kept your browser open?

Cougar

*lightbulb*

Are you using Private Browsing? That will delete cookies when you close the browser.

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203036

hammyuk
    Free Member

Never close them on any device Patrick.
    If it was on a certain timescale it’d be a simple “okey dokey” but its totally random when it happens.

timidwheeler

Just for info.

Crome on tablet.
    Crome on phone.
    Get logged out by one or the other about once every 24/48 hours.

Cougar

Incognito browsing enabled?

hammyuk
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator
    Incognito browsing enabled?

Nope – use a different browser completely for anything that “requires” that 😈

patricksingletrack
    Free Member

Is this you?

hora
    Free Member

I still say you need to look in your phone settings AND on the advance section of your browser.

Cougar

Trying a different browser would tell you whether it’s a browser issue or something further up the food chain.

yunki
    Free Member

why is the entire Singletrack staff being called in to sort out the technical ineptitudes of a handful of users that dunno how to use their own computers properly…?

and still getting called names about it

scratches head and walks away in bemusement

jfletch
    Free Member

why is aren’t the entire Singletrack staff being called in to sort out more concernted that, despite the technical ineptitudes of a handful expertise of most users that dunno how to use their own computers properly…? the site still renders it’s self unusable at times.

and still getting no wonder they get called names about it

soundb0y
    Free Member

The issue for me is, you open up the main forum page, and easily less than 50% is actual content. The rest being flashy shouty crap.

Not sure if this is due to crappy work PC but funnily enough I dont notice it on my main pc running lots of browser extensions.

yunki
    Free Member

woah… jfletch – that’s some clever stuff you did there..

I’m humbled by your artistry

hammyuk
    Free Member

yunki – Member
    why is the entire Singletrack staff being called in to sort out the technical ineptitudes of a handful of users that dunno how to use their own computers properly…?

and still getting called names about it

Yunki – its got **** all to do with what you class as “ineptitude of users”.
    A multitude of different browsers, different OS’s and devices ALL having issues is a “little bit more” than user error……

Cougar

the site still renders it’s self unusable at times.

You’re conflating two issues there.

The issues with the adverts are STW’s concern and have been looked at (over the weekend, on their day off, whilst out at an event). Rogue adverts will get tracked down, but it’s not a simple process, as Mark has explained at length.

The issue with people being logged out more than once a month or so is highly unlikely to be STW’s concern, it’s a client-side issue (otherwise we’d all be suffering). This is what the comedy stylings of Yunki was alluding to. Nonetheless, the admin staff and volunteer moderators are trying to help people get to the bottom of it because we’re nice like that. You’re welcome.

Cougar

Also,

Please don’t feed the troll.

DrJ

You may be nice but helping people to circumvent the vagaries of stw-browser interaction I order that they can realise the benefit of their paid subscription may seem to be more enlightened self interest.

Cougar

Can’t imagine why a business might want to help its customers. So yes, I suppose it might not be entirely altruistic, you’d have to ask them.

Seems a pretty inefficient way of serving “self-interests” though, and I don’t really see what logout issues have to do with subscriptions. If I were serving my self-interests I’d have told you all to frack off and fix it yourselves and then gone to the pub, rather than sitting here racking my brains trying to come up with things to try. But y’know.

Drac

A multitude of different browsers, different OS’s and devices ALL having issues is a “little bit more” than user error……

None of my devices have this issue. Many other people don’t have the issue on a multitude of devices. Seems to be down to a few people having issues with their devices. May I suggest out drive to STWHQ at you’re own expense and then may have a look at the issue for you.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

I have the same issue. Doesn’t happen on other sites.
    It doesn’t really bother me too much, but does happen often.

DrJ

Can’t imagine why a business might want to help its customers. So yes, I suppose it might not be entirely altruistic, you’d have to ask them.

That’s sort of what I said, isn’t it?

I don’t really see what logout issues have to do with subscriptions

Some people reported that they weren’t able to benefit from ad-free P-ness because they weren’t able to log in, or stay logged in.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

customers

😀

Cougar

That’s sort of what I said, isn’t it?

I’m not entirely sure, it wasn’t the clearest sentence I’ve ever read TBH.

Some people reported that they weren’t able to benefit from ad-free P-ness because they weren’t able to log in, or stay logged in.

Did you miss the solution I posted two pages ago?

boblo
    Free Member

Ooo seems we’ve got side by side shit now instead of over the top shit… Lucky us…. :-/

DrJ

Did you miss the solution I posted two pages ago?.

Was that a solution? Looks more like a temporary workaround to me, but y’know.

Cougar

Are you here for the five minute argument or the full half hour?

Cougar

Let me give you an overview of how this issue has progressed:

“Wah wah I keep getting logged out, and there’s adverts.”

There’s no-one to look into it right now I’m afraid, it’ll have to wait till after the weekend.

Well, ok, here’s a bunch of things you can try.

Good news everybody! We’ve found a workaround, it’s a simple setting you can change which means if you do get logged out then you can click one button to log back in and there’s no adverts.

“Wah wah I keep getting logged out.”

The techs are back, here’s a behind the scenes explanation and a possible solution.

Well, it’s definitely an issue with your devices, which we can’t see, but here’s a few suggestions which might help you track it down.

Have you tried any of our suggestions? Any different?

“Wah wah I keep getting logged out and STW don’t care, it’s so unfair and I hate you, I was thinking of subscribing but I’m not going to now, that’ll show you!! This place is shit and all the other forums are fabulous.”

Um. Ok?

bullheart
    Free Member

Best thread this week.

So argue.

Much lols.

Mark

And no one has noticed there are fewer ads on each page now 🙂

Drac

You forgot.

“I told the mods along time ago why I won’t subscribe”

None of us can recall that of course.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m out of the thread now, seems the problems I have are not STW’s therefore I’m not going to bother them with my innate whining any longer. I suspect STW Gurus have far better things to think about than us at this time of night (or day come to that)

iDevices wule 8) speshially if they is all linked up like, init.

Thanks for shedding some light on it though STW Gurus, you have come up with a few brainstorm ideas and I like that, thanks.

Cheers Chaps.

😀

bullheart
    Free Member

You forgot.

“I told the mods along time ago why I won’t subscribe”

None of us can recall that of course.

😆

Cougar

And no one has noticed there are fewer ads on each page now

There are ads? (-:

You know, if you baulk at the price of half a pint per month to have an advert-free experience, might I suggest becoming a moderator? Then you get a [P] for the low, low price of having to spend half your life trying to deal with everyone’s problems on a daily basis rather than just your own and leaving work an hour late because of it.

I think I’m going to step away from this for now and find some kittens to drown or something.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yes Mark noticed that. Thanks. Only 3 today and that was this morning. Thank to Drac and Patrick for patience and attempts to sort things out. Glad that there was a response in the end.

Your friend might take a pause and a chill pill. Sorry STFU and suck it up, cos it’s free, doesn’t work as all the threads showed. No good misrepresenting how forums work, what posters say and what you told us last week and then calling customers (!!) trolls and whiners for pointing it out. Potential Ratner moment.

Alls well that ends well.

Thank you for addressing the issues.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think Mark’s only going to be getting a 4/5 in his annual review. Just two many deadlines missed this weekend. 😐

Still, room for improvement next year…that’s the advantage of getting a four I suppose.

Drac

Thank to Drac and Patrick for patience and attempts to sort things out. Glad that there was a response in the end.

Thank you but Cougar provided just as much help.

Your friend might take a pause and a chill pill.

To be fair it was in response to your attitude, which was getting very boring. Like I said early on the thread it seemed to be your thread of choice of arguing for the day. Turned out I was wrong it was for the whole weekend. I guess you haven’t used a chill pill for years as it’s something we’ve warned you before for.

Mark

Sorry? TH.. I called who a what now? I’ve been in an airconditioned warehouse in London’s docklands all weekend. When did I do another ratner?

🙂

Cougar

“Customers” was in the context of STW as a business. Which, oddly, it is. I suppose I should’ve said “users”, but I was trying to imply some sort of two-way process. More fool me I suppose.

I called who a what now?

That was aimed at me, Mark. For once, it’s not you having tact and diplomacy failure. (-:

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Too dd, too (passive what?)

Drac – just stated what’s happening but like emails tone can be misinterpreted. Sorry that was not the intent truly.

But no, don’t pop pills. Dangerous habit

Not you mark!!!

Over and out. This won’t end well. Sorry if my tone went too far but the adds we’re bloody irritating and constant.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ll chip in £1.49 a month if it would help get thm a sense of humour. 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 258 total)

The topic ‘When consensus becomes impossible to ignore?’ is closed to new replies.