Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • What’s your go to longer distance MTB saddle?
  • malv173
    Free Member

Another Charge Spoon fan. Been riding them for about 8 years.  For the last two I’ve even ditched padded shorts,  and done up to 32 miles with no problems whatsoever.  I have a 39 mile ride coming up in October,  i may buy some chamois cream, but I may not.

jayx2a
    Free Member

So did 21 miles on the Pure today. First 15 were ok. Last 6 my arse was getting numb as! Might be I’m just not used to longer distance and any new saddle might be the same!

Was chaffing a bit on right cheek but not left cheek lol.

mattyfez

Madison flux here, only need to wear my nappy on 30+ mile rides.

jayx2a
    Free Member

I must ride odd or have a bigger right cheek lol.

toolzenith73
    Free Member

I switched to SELLE SMP TRK about 12 months ago,I’ve got nerve damage in my SI joint bulging disc L4/5 and had nerve root block in my coccyx.
    I ride hardtail so all about comfort , it’s not super sleek XC looking aesthetics saddle but does the job coupled with decent seamless shorts and plenty of chamois cream.

jayx2a
    Free Member

Went to Specialized dealer and had a saddle fit. Came out with a Phenom an have 30 days to try it out and if no good can try another!

BadlyWiredDog

I run a Fizik Gobi on mountain bikes, a Fabric Scoop on the cross bike and a Fizik Arione on the road. I’ve used all sorts in the past, but these work pretty for me. Fizik has an app which supposedly helps you select q saddle based on three notional rider ‘types’ and Fabric similarly offers three different profiles based on your personal preferences / riding position / mobility.

I like the Scoop and I’d definitely consider using it or a variant if I replaced a mountain bike saddle. The Fabric saddles are really nicely constructed, similar profile to the Spoon but without the stitching. I found the Fizik Tundra a bit hard and flat for me, but it’s really down to what works for you.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I must ride odd or have a bigger right cheek lol.

Check your shorts, i had a pair where the stitching on the pad wasnt quite right which meant as the pad wore out eventually it started chaffing. A 100 mile ride took the skin off before i figured out it was the shorts!

jayx2a
    Free Member

My short liners were not great so got some nicer ones now. But having been measured at least I know what width saddles to avoid!

Tried the Phenom tonight but hard to tell on a short loop what’s it like.

Felt quite firm and as a heavy lad I’m not sure the padding is quite enough for my weight but will take it for a longer spin to decide.

Metasequoia

Fizik Gobi 👌

jayx2a
    Free Member

My sitbones are wider than the entire Gobi lol

jayx2a
    Free Member

@Malvern Rider

I think that’s my issue with the Phenom too. Lack of padding + fat bastard status lol

nevermindthebutter
    Free Member

I used to make fun of my mates Cobb saddle, which looks like a sawhorse mounted on a bike, until I got my first uretheral stricture. There’s a reason cycling is one of the highest risk factors for the condition, and most people give up cycling after they get it.

Look it up and take care of those nether regions.

https://speedandcomfort.com/collections/jcob-seats/products/2018-plus-2

sillyoldman

PRO Turnix

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

What kind of bike are you on?

For all varieties of hardtail, I always use a Thudbuster – makes any saddle feel 500% more like an armchair, with little real-world penalty.

Blackflag
    Free Member

I went to a bike shop and had the Selle Itallia saddle fit thingy. Worked a treat. You get a letter and number that correlates to a number of saddles they do, both expensive or cheap. I’m an S2 so as long as i get an S2 fit saddle im pretty much set.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘What’s your go to longer distance MTB saddle?’ is closed to new replies.