Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • What’s your go to guitar album?
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Luna!!! They use to be my favourite band at uni, even met them at a gig and went for beer and nachos.

Youve inspired me to listen to some Lunapark and reminisce about the good times..

As for the op’s question..appetite for destruction

onewheelgood

I love Shut Up And Play Your Guitar (I have the original triple vinyl version). But This song really should have been on there…

metalheart
    Free Member

Just for tpbiker then…

spectabilis
    Free Member

Nic Jones – Penguin Eggs

jimster01

Radiohead The Bends, hear one track and I have to play the whole album.
    Along with Pink Floyd – Wish You Were Here

tpbiker
    Free Member

When I first heard they’d covered sweet child of mine I was dubious, but it kind of works doesn’t it!

Just listened to ‘crazy people’ off the first album, first time I’ve listened to that in about 10 years. Brought back alot of memories…actually quite emotional listening to it after so long..

I remember when I first heard that song it was back in 94. Thinking about it that’s over half a lifetime ago..made me feel old.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Are we allowed a few more? It’s kinda difficult to limit it to One innit.

metalheart
    Free Member

I’m not a GnR fan so I actually prefer Luna’s version (although I’d like to be able to hear Dinosaur Jr’s version again… embra circa ‘88). I was a Galaxie fan, from Today (which I bought totally on spec from Kevin in Avalanche). God, that’s it I am old…

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Game changer…

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Dammit Metalheart! Now I have dig out Taken by Trees version.

nbt

as per others, I’m not a guitarist but I love this whole album. The guitar more or less replaces the vocalist

SRV is another good shout, as is Chris DeGarmo

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

metalheart

you might like this then…

(2 hours listening later). You could say that 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼 Cheers

tetrode
    Free Member

If we’re talking about ones which I think are most fun to play along to on guitar, then:

Lamb of God – Ashes of the Wake

TOOL – Lateralus

kiwijohn

Good call nbt. I almost went with Not Of This Earth or Surfing With The Alien.
    Could have gone with Steve Vai: Passion & Warfare.

slowoldman

OK continuing the FZ love-in. One of my favourite cover versions and solos. Also one of the best bands ever to be assembled on a stage.

slowoldman

Oh and I mentioned Richard Thompson. Solo at 3:30 but I recommend the whole track.

metalheart
    Free Member

@Malvern: I kind of had a feeling you might like it 🤣

Iirc, Moon Palace, on the same album, also features Tom…

stevie750

Edukator
    Free Member

Metalheart is responsible for me spending 3 hours relearning Sharp Dressed Man. The Gibbons and John F vid followed his linked vid. It’s the first vid where I’ve seen Gibbons playing the complete riff live and he uses a couple of cheats that make it much easier. Ta, metalheart.

slowoldman

Billy Gibbons is a genius for taking comparatively simple stuff and making it sound awesome. Gorgeous tone on this:

stevious

Explosions in the Sky – The Earth is not a Cold Dead Place.

metalheart
    Free Member

I didn’t mean to turn this in to a zz love-in (isn’t that usually CfH’s job?).

Here’s some antidote (🤪) and was my introduction to them in the first place. I guess my heart will always lie here (Steve showing he’s studied the Andy Gill playbook…)

iirc Steve’s guitar has an alu neck (possibly the body too) which is how it sounds so trebleee…

DezB
    Free Member

Gutted I couldn’t go n see Shellac a few weeks back.

Have some Bill Carter

beiciwr64
    Free Member

Bombino
    Mahegagh
    From the album Agadez

lapdog
    Free Member

Any album by John Fahey!

A truely original guitarist whose music in his own words always somehow ends up sounding like death.

tinribz
    Free Member

Lots of insperation in this thread.

Fire and Water is my current go to:

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘What’s your go to guitar album?’ is closed to new replies.