Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 365 total)
  • What’s this new On One Project? (Brant Brant Brant!)
  • goby

Oh nice Guandax, have you managed to get out and give it a good ragging? 😁

guandax
    Free Member

Oh nice Guandax, have you managed to get out and give it a good ragging? 😁

Going to see if there’s any chance of swapping out for an XL before riding it in anger.

guandax
    Free Member

Apparently not. PX are “Sorry to the inconvenience”. It’s a refund or keep it 🙁

goby

Ah that’s a bit naff, well I hope you get on ok with it or else sell on and get a Marino eh 😉

spacey

Didn’t they all sell out really quickly, so if they haven’t got any XLs in stock they wouldn’t be able to exchange. Looks great in the pics!

gardron
    Free Member

Building mine at the moment, it’s definitely a bit old-school on-one in some of the finishing. Paint overspray on Headtube and some masking left in – Headtube also outside the box on delivery but it’s the right size and not dented so y’know not utterly shocking. Thing is it’s a bit like the old 456 when that came out, it was cheap so you take those minor things into account when you’re buying it so nothing too untoward so far.

Olly
    Free Member

Apparently not. PX are “Sorry to the inconvenience”. It’s a refund or keep it

Did you order a L? your previous post reads like they sent you the wrong size?

guandax
    Free Member

It’s complicated. They originally sold them as small, medium and large. I ordered Large. They then called and said they should have been Medium, Large and XL. I confirmed I wanted XL as I’m 6′ 2″ tall. Apparently the order was then amended to XL, but 9 mins later changed back to L.

spacey

Ah that is more annoying, apologies I misunderstood. I’m really tempted by one of these or a big dog but all the ordering woes do put me off.

J273
    Free Member

I bought one of the new scandal frames and one of these. I’ve stripped the scandal down to build this, just placing it together it seems like it’s a very short bike due to the seat angle compared to the scandal.

I’m a shade under 6ft and I thought the scandal was short with a 50mm stem.

Both the scandal and this are large just not sure now on whether this is going to be too short for me.

Anyone similar height to me on a large hello Dave had chance to ride theirs yet? Not sure on whether I’m going to keep this or not.

guandax
    Free Member

It’s definitely an unusual shape. I rode mine this afternoon and it handled nicely. Pretty sure the XL would fit me better.

gardron
    Free Member

Poor image but another one for angles / length on an XL. It’s not a light bike – 11s mix of x01 and XT with carbon rims, hope hubs so nothing stupid-light or massively heavy and it’s weighing in at 14.4kg

null

weeksy

It’s not blessed in the looks department is it.

smokey_jo

Christ that’s long – how does it manage hump back bridges?!

Olly
    Free Member

Looks awesome, as a Down-hill hardtail Sledge.
    I for one really like its lines, which is saying something for an on-one.

tom13
    Free Member

Those look epic.

goby

Ah wow good to see a XL gardron, looks allot of fun just got to get it nice and muddy now eh! That rear tyre should be be fun too! ;o)

accu
    Free Member

just got my tik tik frame..very good !
    good welds,good paint,decals under clearcoat..
    no axle enclosed..
    the maxle fits fine …but too much paint in the thread, needed recutting..
    3,23 kg in large…

tom13
    Free Member

Has anyone got a floor to top of bar height for the XL? Need to know specs such as spacers, travel and bar height as well.

gardron
    Free Member

Assuming you mean the XL Hello Dave…. Floor to highest point on the bars on my setup is 104.5cm – that’s with 2020 150mm 42mm offset lyriks, 10mm spacer under the stem, raceface 35×35 stem and nextR 10mm rise bars. Wheels are 30mm ID 29ers with 2.35” schwalbe Hans dampf. Headset is a superstar

srm87
    Free Member

Can anyone confirm the thread length required on the axle, 10 or 20mm??

guandax
    Free Member

20mm

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Another damaged in transit. It looks like the frame is too big for the box. Head tube dinged at the top.

guandax
    Free Member

🙁 bad luck

smatkins1
    Free Member

Another frame arrived damaged here, a D shaped headtube out of the box. No replacement available :thumbs down:

tomhoward

I see the price sick were quoted for, then the cheap rate O-O got these for didn’t quite stretch to cover decent QC or packaging then… at least you’ll get your money back I guess. Could be worse.

guandax
    Free Member

Is it all XLs that are arriving dented?

srm87
    Free Member

My XL was fully enclosed and nothing damaged in transit. Was expecting the worse but pleasantly surprised… Only niggle was lack of thru axle as read on a social media post by on one that they were being supplied??

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Mine is a tiktik but is XL.

The box is clearly too small for the long reach.

It looks like it should be fixable if the right tool exists or by a competent frame builder, the deflection is less than a couple of mm.

Just over 3.2kg naked.

Paint and welds look fine

Two small unfilled holes on the front of the headtube I presume for the sick headbadge

DN6 tubing label made me smile, I thought it was supposed to be better than the (not quite) gas pipe inbred.

I imagine that with the number going back someone is in for a difficult meeting. A bit of thought and they could have prevented this.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

They still have some tiktik in XL, it can run 29er and looks like it could be less extreme.

I’d suggest considering one in place of a Hello Dave with cash back

Arguably needs some Brant Brant Brant intervention unless he’s fallen out with Dave again

guandax
    Free Member

I spoke to On One and said Brant reckoned thE Tiktik will run 29er wheels. They were adamant not. Said the only way the rear would fit is without a tyre. I thought I read it was possible too.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

brant

Subscriber
    Was it confirmed that the tiktik would take a reasonable size 29 inch tyre?

Yes. Chainstay yoke of TikTik is U shaped. Hello dave more C shaped.
    29er ok in TikTik but 650 in hello dave not good.

Page 6 of this thread

I’ll try a 142 wheel in tomorrow, the tyreless wheel I just popped in looks promising

Either the people on the live chat might not be that clued up on the nuances of a single run new frame, or they’ve had a few back because they don’t fit

graham84
    Free Member

So, I’ve got my TikTik frame. Was told which axle I needed to get –
    length 180
    thread length 20
    thread pitch m12 x 1.75
    This doesn’t seem to fit. Anyone else with the same problem?

srm87
    Free Member

Was told the same on PX online chat for my dave. Haven’t fitted yet but earlier posts on this forum suggest it works (Dave, not sure on tiktik)

transition1
    Free Member

In what way doesn’t the axle fit. My hello Dave axle is the brand X one 12X148 180 long M12x1.75 thread length 20. It seemed to long until the wheel was fitted in place & am using the 3mm spacers either side of the 12×142 hub.
    I guess it’s possible to try & fit the axles the wrong way round

accu
    Free Member

as said before I had the same problem…
    axle is fine for the tik tik,
    there is just too much paint in the thread on the frame..
    its necessary to cut the thread free of paint with a screw tap
    after that it fits perfect…

graham84
    Free Member

@accu
    Thanks dude, I’ll have a look at it tomorrow.

collectiveeffective
    Free Member

Hi just fitted a Brand X thru axle size
    Black – 12mm 148/180/20/M12*P1.75
    To my XL Tik Tik and it fits perfectly.

srm87
    Free Member

Are those forks on the right way?

Edit, yes

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 365 total)

The topic ‘What’s this new On One Project? (Brant Brant Brant!)’ is closed to new replies.