• This topic has 349 replies, 105 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by mk74.
Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 350 total)
  • What’s this new On One Project? (Brant Brant Brant!)
  • garry87w

I did manage to control spending there and got the brand-x axle, it’ll do the job…..or snap but I’m hoping it’ll do the job

garry87w

No such luck for me. I can make a start but won’t be able to finish it until the new wheels arrive in January (bloody shimano with their restrictions)

Premier Icon goby
    Subscriber

Ah still waiting for frames to arive, cant wait to see the builds and ride reports as maybe the budget option frame im looking for!
    Keep us posted with ride reports!

Says my frame is being picked on website 😄

Premier Icon guandax
    Subscriber

Says my frame is being picked on website 😄

Me too

Mine out for delivery tomorrow whoop

tom13

How can you tell it’s out for delivery? I have zero information on mine.

Have had an email that delivery is tomorrow with DPD & on Planet X website my order is shipped

Premier Icon guandax
    Subscriber

Mine’s still in picking. Guess it’ll likely arrive Monday now if I’m lucky.

Post some photos @transition

tom13

I haven’t seen any emails from them after the one confirming what size I wanted. What sizes did you order? Mine was an XL.

I went for a large, wasn’t sure my forks were originally long enough for XL headtube plus 1300mm wheelbase is long, although my Ripley V4 is XL still shorter than the Hello Dave

garry87w

Mine is showing as “order held whilst awaiting stock”. Hopefully they’ve just not sorted them all yet and its not a massive balls up 🤔

Premier Icon guandax
    Subscriber

Went for XL, although my order says “Large 430mm”. Kind of wish I’d gone for Large as I think it’s going to be rather boat-like.

Frame just arrived nice frame fitted drop outs & brand X axle although seems bit long the axle
    Frame is heavy, more than my XL ripley V4 frame & no seat clamp so will pinch one from Smuggler for now

Premier Icon guandax
    Subscriber

Does the XL keep the same lines? Often XL’s have a compromised top-tube to seat-stay angle

Premier Icon mattcartlidge
    Subscriber

any pic’s yet?

Does the XL keep the same lines? Often XL’s have a compromised top-tube to seat-stay angle
    Not sure about the XL as mine is a large. Will try & post some pics up Sunday when start the build if can get Flickr to work 😂

J273

How tall are you transition1 with you going with the large?

6ft with a long torso, my smuggler was an XL with 495 seat tube & 483mm reach the Ripley is 500 reach with 470 seat tube ran them both with 170mm reverb slammed. Figured wanted something bit more throw about, 430 seat tube & 480 reach plus if sell it would be easier to sell on 😂

J273

Yeah im 6ft and went for a large hopefully itll be ok.

@garry87w Do you have a link to the brand-x axle you bought?

Thanks

garry87w

@j273 https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/brand-x-bolt-thru-axle/rp-prod176624

I got the last one on the list, 148-180-20-M12-P1.75 should fit (I think)

Premier Icon guandax
    Subscriber

Talked to Px and they said the frames are coming with an axle?

Mine didn’t come with axle or seat post clamp

Premier Icon guandax
    Subscriber

Ah, ok. You got the size mentioned above?

Premier Icon goby
    Subscriber

How are the builds going? Disappointed no pics yet!

Premier Icon guandax
    Subscriber

Mine’s arriving today despite originally showing Monday 🙂 Trouble is no axle so won’t be able to ride 🙁 No bike shops stock axles due to the myriad of standards. Maybe one of my 142’s will be just about enough to get the build finished as long as I don’t actually put any weight on it.

garry87w

Mine arrived today also, no dropout or axle tho and that axle I bought doesn’t fit 🤦‍♂️, anybody any idea what one will?

Unfortunately still no building for me as mine arrived with a massively dented headtube 😩. On the live chat to px though, lovely woman called Sharon sorting out a courier to pick this fu**ed one up and new one will be delivered shortly

Mine had tiny mark on front of head tube, I got the same rear axle & it should fit not put rear wheel on yet as need to add the spacers to spec from 142 to 148 but then think axle will work just fine. I found my drop outs in bottom of box ok.

srm87

I’ve had to defer my delivery date but so far seems poor that frames are being received with defects.
    QC, poor packaging or substandard courier… Doesn’t bode well…
    Fingers crossed as my 30 days return policy has passed on most my parts previously ordered?!

Premier Icon guandax
    Subscriber

Dave

Premier Icon brant
    Subscriber

Double top our kid.

srm87

Looks good!! Happen to k ow what length seat tube it will accept?

Premier Icon guandax
    Subscriber

Happen to k ow what length seat tube it will accept?

It’s completely straight so I think the bb is your limit.

J273

What size is that @guandax

Looks spot on that

I’m just starting build on mine and just realised I don’t have a seat post clamp. With it being 31.6 what clamp size do I need?

Ta

Lawn looks tired

Yes Guandax, looks mint! A proper angle for the photo to show that HA there!

Premier Icon guandax
    Subscriber

What size is that @guandax

Hmmm, looks like I’ve got a large not the XL I was expecting. Wish I’d measured before building 🙁

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

Almost like buying an actual Sick! bike this… well, the ones that turned up anyway.

J273

Has anyone got a link to an axle that fits the frame preferably CRC as I’ve got some other bits I need it’s just the axle left.

Thanks

The link that Garry put up for the Brand-X Bolt Thru Axle

Black – 12mm 148/180/20/M12*P1.75

Mine fitted just fine to the Hello Dave frame

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 350 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.