Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 508 total)
  • What's this joker on about?
  • crazy-legs

Incidentally, how is a FS, (frame only!) going to get someone new into MTBing? (And cheaply? at £300 for a frame!)

I've been wondering what his market is as well. OK, he sells bearings etc and obviously has good feedback but a newbie to the sport is going to go to Halfords or a bike shop and spend £300 or so.
    The kind of people on here who own expensive bikes are going to use their LBS or the likes of TF Tuned/Mojo for suspension servicing and any one of a dozen or so professional resprayers/repairers if it's damaged (Argos, Bob Jackson etc) and will probably do most basic repairs themselves.
    The people who already own cheapo full sus bikes usually aren't bothered about maintaining them.

I'm curious as to who actually uses a service like this?

crispedwheel
    Free Member

crikey – Member

This wouldn't be an elaborate attempt at trollage would it?

+2

wwaswas

well, I Thought Troll but if he has fragments of emails not previously posted then he's either the OP or the ebay seller (but still a possible troll, I guess).

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

is the short shorts thing done for similar reasons?
    I always thought it was just 'cos you were a bit wierd?

I just like shorts. If you think that's weird then I am.

I don't think there can be any question it's airborne, but that doesn't mean he's not trying to wind people up (and whu not?).

wwaswas

"I just like shorts. If you think that's weird then I am."

Wierdo.

😉

thefallguy
    Free Member

Troll or not its a classic read! 😀

monkeychild
    Free Member

This should be on tv 😆

MikeG

I have been unable to walk for the last 2 years due to a protruding disk in my back. I can still only walk every two days and am in great pain and very tired. I am not a drug addict so do not take pain killers

He’s of the opinion I should work for free not bother to pay my bills or survive

The reason for the extra amount in price is the 4 to 5 hours work it takes to find the frames service check and tune them then list them and pay the ebay / paypal fee,s and the idiot taxes the government slap on top, more work!

I think we should give him a break, being unable to walk and I'm guessing not being in full time employment he's chosen to set up a business and spend his time earning a good enough living on ebay to buy a sports car without relying on the benefit system…..

must be hard stripping frames, pulling bearings, and spraying them while sitting.

convert

Whilst I'm not sure I'd buy from this guy (now), the model is an interesting one and something you don't see about much in MTBing. Back in the day (when it was still v popular) I did a bit of work for a windsurf shop. So many of sales of new boards and sails came with part exchanged kit coming back in and at least 60% of total sales were of 2nd hand clobber. Windsurfing was/is very fashion conscious so there was a lot of mint kit being chopped in so that the owner could buy this year's kit. The people buying 2nd hand got a healthy discount off the new price and the piece of mind of buying from a well known and trusted retailer. The customer buying new bought with the confidence that if they looked after it they could sell it on for a reasonable price. Comparisons to mtbing seems strong to me.

In the world of cars, 2nd hand resellers either buy them v cheap through the trade or auction, give them a quick wipe over and sell them on for barely more than the private sale price with no warranty worth having or they are bigger more trustworthy outfits selling for prices significantly above private sale prices with bit of piece of mind for the purchaser. This chap seems to be uncomfortably between the two – prices seem quite high but without giving the persona of a professional you could trust. I feel for him a bit – with a bit of guidance on the importance of looking and sounding like a professional (sorting his spelling, loosing the rambling/ranting ads, some recognisable qualifications in what he is doing listed and a sharper more “shop like” front end) and I think there is a hole in the market for this approach.

snaps
    Free Member

Strange contradiction

I have been unable to walk for the last 2 years due to a protruding disk in my back. I can still only walk every two days and am in great pain and very tired. I am not a drug addict so do not take pain killers

Then

This listing is for people who understand that quality of life is more important than stupid mind games and mucking about, When you live in a toilet surrounded by f@nies knobs and @ssholes you can be sure of two things people trying to piss on you and sh1t is gonna happen. That,s why we invented the flush, for me mountain biking is my flush. When it hit,s that fan i,m up! Out! and away! it,s still there when I get back, but armed with my wolfish grin and the knowledge that i,ll escape again for some fun, excitement and good old fashioned excercise. What can I say, bring it!. In life all we have are the moments and making the most of them is what it,s all about for me!.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

it's not gonna work without more input from Ebay bloke, none of us can match that level of outrage 🙁

kaesae
    Free Member

Hey Ratty Racers. I'm tired like most people I make mistakes. Standing I can do walkings a bit harder. If your bored though here's a question for you. Colonic Irrigation, utter madness or the only way to start the day, the choice is yours.

And would the procedure work on your heads do you think ?.

meehaja
    Free Member

NHS is hardly on its knees, it might need knee replacements, but what it does it does well(ish). As for colonic irrigation, if you do it too often you can rupture your descending colon, causing bleeding and potentially septicaemia, so no, i wouldn't suggest it as a way to start the day. Also, in my opinion, this procedure would not work on individuals heads, basic anatomical understanding suggests that the water used is unlikely to progress beyond the lower cavities.

Thanks for your thoughts though!

kaesae
    Free Member

Do you work in the NHS (no hope service) MEEHAHA

MattPhotos
    Free Member

SFB, he's back.. but he's not very angry.
    Do something! Since this morning, this thread has been nothing but a disappointment to me.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

SFB, he's back.. but he's not very angry.

no, I think he's exhausted his invective 🙁 Still, it was fun while it lasted!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Do you work in the NHS (no hope service)

well, it's by no means perfect, but I've seen a lot of dedicated staff doing a job I couldn't touch in a million years, and the principle of free care for all is one I support wholeheartedly

kaesae
    Free Member

Why is there one service for the poor and one for the rich

kaesae
    Free Member

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/simonfbarnes

Simon F Barnes a man who's slightest of smiles could scare a deranged rat to death. With teeth like that Simon your Either smoking a lot of something or your rinsing your mouth out with coffee, black! and flossing with liquarice sticks.

Keep your funk in your pants mate, on your face it's a bit much .

ojom
    Free Member

Mods… may be worth locking this IMO. Getting a bit silly.

kaesae
    Free Member

It's been silly from the start. However when in rome. They get to come at me there way I get to do my thing back. I would prefer to have been left out of it. But hey might as well make the most of it now.

I don’t get one thing though! On this site every things cool right, as long as the wording is flowery and polite. What about the motives or actions of those participating in this thread. Maybe it’s just me but I don’t understand that at all' maybe the other users could help me with some explanations.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Why is there one service for the poor and one for the rich

there is ? Where are the turnstiles ?

Simon F Barnes a man who's slightest of smiles could scare a deranged rat to death. With teeth like that Simon your Either smoking a lot of something or your rinsing your mouth out with coffee, black! and flossing with liquarice sticks.

here's a tip for you kaesae, don't waste your personal comments on me, I'm far too conceited to be bothered :o)

Mods… may be worth locking this IMO. Getting a bit silly.

arrrgh no, please not!

kaesae
    Free Member

I don't see it as a waist simon plus who says it's for you ?.

kaesae
    Free Member

Before I forget, why are you bothering to respond then ?.

tazzymtb

Kaesae- I'm dying to know, have you ever owned a mongoose or worn orange when riding a bike? if not you have a twin and you were separated at birth.

WhatafackinLiberty
    Free Member

Could we have a 'group buy' for Kaesae and get him a dictionary….. 🙄

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Before I forget, why are you bothering to respond then ?

because it's funny :o)

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I think he needs a wee bit more than a dictionary.

backhander
    Free Member

I call troll. He's suddenly learnt to use apostrophies and commas correctly. This bloke is not airborne10101 or whatever. Not ton again is it?

tazzymtb

do you think we can get kaesae to sponsor or join up with team mcoy racing as a mens pair for enduro events……it would be the most terifying prospect. They might even do quite well due to other competetors being incapacitated with laughter!

WhatafackinLiberty
    Free Member

Goan?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

But he still can't spell and he adds full stops where they are not needed.?.?.

WhatafackinLiberty
    Free Member

😆

Dudie
    Free Member

Have Superstar Components branched out into frame refurbs now then?

kaesae
    Free Member

Since we seem to be wrapping this up, I would like to elaborate on the NHS subject comment I made. I would put across what I consider to be my opinion and perspective. There are a lot of good people in the NHS and yes they carry a heavy burden and deal with more hardship and pain than the rest of us. However the philosophy of those who run the NHS there principles practices and operating procedures are fundamentally flawed. Let us apply the principle and philosophy to a another situation’ what if we never serviced our cars and only after they were damaged repaired them. We can all see that this would not work although some people will try it.

Rather than pump uncountable amounts of resources into the service why not simply invest in stress management and healthy activities that are free!. Why not focus on the cause rather than the symptom. There is no hope as the stress being put on the NHS is becoming more and more’ better to rethink the whole approach that we have as a culture. As a fanatical MTB promoter I think we would be better of becoming more organized and rather than owning one bike that sits there when not in use doing nothing. simply all pool our resources and have a collection of bikes that everyone uses and pays to be maintained. Perhaps this is already happening I don’t know. MTB rider clubs that organize trips and loan out bikes that the owners aren’t using at the moment would be a great idea to me. I’m rambling again but no one will enjoy it as I don’t seem angry.

I am passionate about biking and bike building and look forward to being involved in a lot more threads.

Kael.

meehaja
    Free Member

yup. also a patient. What're you doing tomorrow?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

hmm, Kael suddenly becomes lucid! It appears the incoherence was a scam :o)

I think we would be better of becoming more organized and rather than owning one bike that sits there when not in use doing nothing. simply all pool our resources and have a collection of bikes that everyone uses and pays to be maintained.

in a sudden switcheroo you embarrass me with your vision. I too am a communist at heart, but perhaps too cynical. Although I'd be the last to admit any interest in or sentimentality about my machine, I'm reluctant to lend it out, not least because I think people will laugh at its ramshackle state!

I’m rambling again but no one will enjoy it as I don’t seem angry.

well, Mr. Angry was funnier!

kaesae
    Free Member

Tazzymtb intresting questions i'll need time to contemplate them OOOMMM deep man feelin ya

kaesae
    Free Member

What can i say i'm exausted and in pain. concentrating is very hard but hey i'm trying

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 508 total)

The topic ‘What's this joker on about?’ is closed to new replies.